or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 3363  

post #50431 of 70737
Congrats on the wedding.
post #50432 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by csmitty View Post
  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Ok guys. Could use a little advice here and I know its likely the wrong spot but it's the one I know the best. However I'm getting married next week and debating shoe choices. The suit is a dark charcoal. Really not much lighter than a black I have. I planned on some brown Harrison's but got out the PAs just to compare.



I do cast a bit of a shadow over the pants leg but overall a good representation.

Just the Harrison's.


For shits and giggles the Jeffersons.


What are y'all's thoughts on the options?

 


I like how the Harrison look, even in brown. Congrats, brother! :)

post #50433 of 70737
Congratulations! Id go black PA too.
Edited by watchidiot - 10/10/14 at 10:21pm
post #50434 of 70737
What type of insole does the Long Branch have? Standard leather or poron?

My Carson City has poron and it feels a bit tight on the toe box at 8.5D. I'm thinking whether I need to size up for the LB.
post #50435 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by reidrothchild View Post

I had to return the suede Strand because it was waaay narrower than the 5th Ave or the Kenilworth. The difference in fit was so significant, it is meaningless to even say the shoe is on the 5 last because that provides no meaningful point of reference.

 

It's because of the poron insole. I found that out the hard way with a 12D Brooks Brothers Walnut Strand that feels way tighter than all my other 5-last shoes, and it's because of the insole. Went up to 12E when I got the suede Strand, and problem solved.

post #50436 of 70737
Can anyone give me some guidance on converting my 5-65 last size (10.5C) to a 79 last (Randolph) or 606 last (Patriot) size? Both in cordovan if that makes a difference.

I'll wear them with loafer socks.

Would also appreciate any general comments on those two lasts/shoes in terms of fit quirks. I've read that the Randolph has a narrow heel, for example.
Edited by lachyzee - 10/10/14 at 10:18pm
post #50437 of 70737
Brown Harrison gets my vote. Black although the most formal color, it's boring for a wedding IMO.
post #50438 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by lachyzee View Post

Can anyone give me some guidance on converting my 5-65 last size (10.5C) to a 79 last (Randolph) or 606 last (Patriot) size? Both in cordovan if that makes a difference.

I'll wear them with loafer socks.

Would also appreciate any general comments on those two lasts/shoes in terms of fit quirks. I've read that the Randolph has a narrow heel, for example.


I take the same size in the randolph as the 5-65 shoes, and stay on the same width or go down a width for the randolph.

 

I size up 0.5 in length for the patriot and go down one width (I dont have a high instep, but if you do, you might have to go up in width and length).

 

they both fit comfortably, but YMMV... for loafers getting sized at the store is pretty essential

post #50439 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkySaw View Post


Go with the black PA's, and put a nice wax shine on them. And congrats!


This gets my vote as well.

post #50440 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by boned View Post
 

 

Would this be an MTO option or can I request this when buying from this sale?

You can request extra burnishing on MTO. It is not something that can be done when buying online or from a store.

post #50441 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by lachyzee View Post

Can anyone give me some guidance on converting my 5-65 last size (10.5C) to a 79 last (Randolph) or 606 last (Patriot) size? Both in cordovan if that makes a difference.

I'll wear them with loafer socks.

Would also appreciate any general comments on those two lasts/shoes in terms of fit quirks. I've read that the Randolph has a narrow heel, for example.

For the loafers, I'm either the same size or down 1 width. Agree with getting sized in store. Narrow heels help prevent gapping and heel slip. Shoe horn is a must for new, properly fitted loafers.
post #50442 of 70737
Thanks. When you say down one width, I presume you mean going wider?
post #50443 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by csmitty View Post

It's an outdoor afternoon ceremony so figured I could take a few liberties on some things. I haven't polished the Harrison's yet so they could get darker. Plus they're super comfy.

It is a delima though. Is the brown to egregious for a wedding or is the black just the better pick of the two?

Congrats on the upcoming wedding. Weather here has been beautiful lately - should be a lovely affair. My 20ish wed anniversary was yesterday. Fall weddings around these parts are nice!

For an outdoor wedding, either shoe choice works very well.
post #50444 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by lachyzee View Post

Thanks. When you say down one width, I presume you mean going wider?

Narrower
post #50445 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by lachyzee View Post

Can anyone give me some guidance on converting my 5-65 last size (10.5C) to a 79 last (Randolph) or 606 last (Patriot) size? Both in cordovan if that makes a difference.

I'll wear them with loafer socks.

Would also appreciate any general comments on those two lasts/shoes in terms of fit quirks. I've read that the Randolph has a narrow heel, for example.

 

65 last I am a 12e(blucher) 12eee(bal) and my shell Randolph I am 13D which fits a touch snug but there is zero heel slippage or bowing around the ankles. No experience with the Patriot however the SA at the AE store said it the loafer most people find that fits best with no heel slipping...

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...