Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 1/31/17 at 1:56pm in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Today at 1:07 pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 3359post #50372 of 7073710/9/14 at 8:17pmpost #50373 of 7073710/9/14 at 8:20pmpost #50374 of 7073710/9/14 at 8:29pmQuote:Originally Posted by nomos
I received my custom made Park Avenues today and the left shoe has anl area on the inner side where there are noticeable wrinkles.
I understand custom ordered shoes are not refundable but what kind of options do they offer in this situation?
I see what you're talking about, but how do they look when they're on your feet? I personally would be satisfied with those, and that is saying A LOT coming from me. If you don't know what I'm referencing, go back a few pages and see my concerns about my Daltons. However, if you're unsatisfied with the shoes, AE will DEFINITELY take care of you, just contact them about your concern.Quote:
Very nice! I've actually got quite a few socks from Allen Edmonds and I love every single one of them. The funny thing is that I was telling my SA about this thread, and when I called him today regarding an order, he said he checked out the site. He then went on to say he actually recognized which posts were mine by the socks/shoe combos hehe.post #50375 of 7073710/9/14 at 8:35pmpost #50376 of 7073710/9/14 at 9:36pmpost #50377 of 7073710/9/14 at 9:52pmQuote:Originally Posted by halfnhalfnhalf
Nice find. That is indeed Bob's Chili and those will be hitting the AE website soon, although I believe it will be after RDA. So, anyone who wants a good price on those would be well-advised to snap them up now from Nordie's. They appear to only have D and EEE widths, though.
My Bob's Chili Strand seconds are arriving tomorrow. I will post pics.
Did you get some of the "dark chili burnished" Strands from Shoebank? I remember seeing those at $219 and almost popped ($249 now), but I wasn't sure what they'd look like. No photo up on their site, just saw the "image coming soon" inventory at the bottom of the list.
I ended up getting a $325 burgundy shell Macneil instead. The Nordstrom chili Strand photo looks awesome...may need to rethink.post #50378 of 7073710/10/14 at 3:39amQuote:
The burgundy shell Macneils are truly classics (style and color) and will probably long outlast the chili Strand in both style and life of shoe. That said, I'm also being pulled by this new chili color on the McGregor.post #50379 of 7073710/10/14 at 7:42ampost #50380 of 7073710/10/14 at 9:26ampost #50381 of 7073710/10/14 at 9:44am
Dark chili burnished (aka Bob's Chili) Strand seconds have arrived . . . what follows are the long-awaited color comparison shots. I really wish I were a better photographer but hopefully these will help someone anyway.
l-r: "traditional" chili, Bob's Chili, chili grain
l-r: merlot calf, Bob's Chili, burgundy shell
l-r: Bob's Chili, bourbon
IRL, I would say Bob's Chili is closest to chili grain.post #50382 of 7073710/10/14 at 10:06ampost #50383 of 7073710/10/14 at 10:13ampost #50384 of 7073710/10/14 at 10:16amThank you for posting those comparison pics . I've been on the fence on Bob's Chili, still am...LoL. I'm going to head over to the AE store tomorrow to hopefully catch a glimpse in person. I'm itching to pull the trigger on some McAllister's.post #50385 of 7073710/10/14 at 10:24amI'm really trying with AE, but after a year... yes a year, I just cannot find a single shoe that they offer with a proper fit. I still cannot understand why just about every style worth having is made on the #5 last, or rather, why the #5 last is so unbelievably inconsistent. Every single shoe fits different. I have had multiple Park Aves, Strands, McAllister's, et al, in my possession and I can say that no one size/fitting fits the same. And on top of size inconsistencies are the quality inconsistencies (mismatched shoe heights, longer heels on only one shoe, excess wrinkles and puckering in the leather, and the dreaded toe cap crease which seems to form on every shoe in every size that I've tried).
I measure a 9.5E on a brannock, and I know that a brannock is sized for a brannock, but this should be a good starting point none-the-less. I know that there are so many variables that are taken into account when sizing for shoes but why is a size 8 (3 half sizes down from my measured size) the perfect length in a #5 lasted shoe, but a EEE in that size is too narrow? The 8.5EEE has too much volume, and the 8.5EE doesn't have enough and is too tight from ball to heel. I've tried different lasts, and an 8.5E is too big in a 333 (Harrison), the Larchmont is too tight in 8EEE as well as 8.5EEE. 8.5EEE is too big in the Jefferson, 8EEE is too small in the Jefferson, 10D was too narrow in the Big Surrs. Am I the only one having this much of a problem with AE and their products? I really don't consider my foot shape or size to be that far from the norm.
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 31 seconds ago
- › Meermin Brogue Captoes in Brown (worn once) UK7.5 1 minute ago
- › Any One for a Scotch? 4 minutes ago
- › Japanese Shoes: Bespoke & RTW Super Thread 7 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 12 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 24 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 25 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 25 minutes ago
- › Antonio Meccariello Shoes 27 minutes ago
- › Nespresso Club 35 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...