Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 10/11/16 at 8:29am in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Yesterday at 7:25 pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 3356post #50326 of 7073710/8/14 at 10:17pmpost #50327 of 7073710/8/14 at 10:50pmpost #50328 of 7073710/8/14 at 10:54pmpost #50329 of 7073710/8/14 at 11:37pm
From one of Paul's posts in AAAC...
"You're recklessly impugning our workers' skills and they don't deserve it, sir. You can take me on, fine. But they are above your accusations."
I applaud Paul for that one line. That's not just great of a CEO, but that is great of a leader - a true person.post #50330 of 7073710/9/14 at 2:19amQuote:Originally Posted by BackInTheJox
Hope this gets to you in time . . . but the current dark brown LBs have the same sole as your CXL ones. It's the new sole they use on all the LBs now.
The "before" pictures I posted above are of a previous version of dark brown LBs. They are no longer sold (unless you get super lucky and find a pair of old stock seconds).
Thanks for the heads up. AE website photos are apparently out of date.
Edited by FatTuesday - 10/9/14 at 3:02ampost #50331 of 7073710/9/14 at 2:34amQuote:
Interstesting. I just happened to wear my older LB's yesterday when the new ones arrived. I felt the "give" or cushion in the new soles immediately upon walking on my carpeted office floor. I switched back and forth between old and new a couple of times for comparison. My guess is that the increased thickness may account for the feel increased cushion. Although, the old style commando shoe is much harder to the (hand) touch.
With all that said, I don't want to discourage anyone from getting a pair of LB's. They're really awesome boots. I have the older model to compare to, and had different pre expectations of the new. It's not a step down necessarily, just different than I expected.
I recommend them still wholeheartedly. If I didn't have an older pair, I'd have no complaints.
Edited by FatTuesday - 10/9/14 at 3:05ampost #50332 of 7073710/9/14 at 3:29amQuote:Originally Posted by FatTuesday
Interstesting. I just happened to wear my older LB's yesterday when the new ones arrived. I felt the "give" or cushion in the new soles immediately upon walking on my carpeted office floor. I switched back and forth between old and new a couple of times for comparison. My guess is that the increased thickness may account for the feel increased cushion.
This could also be explained by the fact that one pair of shoes is brand new (and more than just the sole contributes to how "soft" the shoe feels when walking), and the other has been worn multiple times.post #50333 of 7073710/9/14 at 5:09amQuote:
Agreed. One poster in particular was trying to provoke a fight. I find this type of anonymous attack to be cowardly. If you choose to make accusations, put your signature at the bottom of your post. Mr. Grandgaard's handling of the matter was admirable in my opinion.post #50334 of 7073710/9/14 at 5:29amQuote:Originally Posted by WICaniac
Paul Grangaard is actively posting in an AAAC thread about this afternoon's Reddit session: http://www.askandyaboutclothes.com/forum/showthread.php?191103-Paul-Grangaard-on-Reddit
Some of the "uncles" are getting surly.
What's a uncle? I mean in what context?post #50335 of 7073710/9/14 at 5:35ampost #50336 of 7073710/9/14 at 5:51ampost #50337 of 7073710/9/14 at 6:41am
So even though AE has the RDA sale going on I was looking at Nordstroms to see what they carry because I have a gift card I can use there. I saw they carry Strands in dark chili burnished. Is this a Nordstroms exclusive? Is this the old chili or the new Bob's Chili?post #50338 of 7073710/9/14 at 7:16amStopped by madison ave store yesterday to try on some gorgeous truffle dundees that didn't fit (sadly).
The Bleecker Street looks fantastic, especially in bourbon and brown. I liked the Gobi too, but too bad it doesn't come in more suede colors, like olive, tan, or choco. I already have an Amok in snuff.
I also think the Franciscan looks best in the new chili. That's the money color for this particular shoe.
The store was crowded with sales staff. More staff than customers. It's always awkward when I know more about the shoes than they do. But that says more about me than thempost #50339 of 7073710/9/14 at 7:50ampost #50340 of 7073710/9/14 at 7:51amQuote:Originally Posted by Trader George
To all those who are interested:
I was at Jos A Bank today (don't hate) to pick up a pair of shoe trees. The manager told me there's a sale on Thursday that includes shoe trees, they will be buy one get two free. Now I'm assuming that sale will be nationwide, so I just thought I'd let you guys know if you wanna grab a few pairs of shoe trees.
Thanks for the tip. 66% off is equivalent to buy 1, get 2 free. Plus it's free shipping. Of course, by the time I made it to order confirmation, they were already backordered...
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › The Home Ownership Thread 1 minute ago
- › Vtg. 1970s ADIDAS Sneakers 9.5 Spezial 2 minutes ago
- › Requesting Blazer Fit Feedback 3 minutes ago
- › Vtg, LOUIS VUITTONS Shaving Dopp Kit 4 minutes ago
- › Suit advice & where to look 4 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 4 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 5 minutes ago
- › *SALE* Slim 40R NWT MONCLER NWT FILSON VEST 7 minutes ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 8 minutes ago
- › NWT High End Pants: Zegna Trofeo Navy and Abla Light Gray 34" 8 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...