or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 3344  

post #50146 of 70737
Anyone have some real-life pictures of the Bob's Chili McGregor?
post #50147 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by tradbrah View Post

Anyone have some real-life pictures of the Bob's Chili McGregor?

 

I will in a few days! I ordered them this morning. Will post pics when they arrive.

post #50148 of 70737

Cross-post from the MTO thread.....  We are looking to do a burgundy shell Strand with the below specs.  Seven are already in.  

 

Strand

Burgundy shell cordovan

Independence lining & insole

Medium brown transparent edge dressing

Brown normal welt (or chili - not sure)

Single JR sole

 

Any takers?

post #50149 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by polojock615 View Post

Cross-post from the MTO thread.....  We are looking to do a burgundy shell Strand with the below specs.  Seven are already in.  

Strand
Burgundy shell cordovan
Independence lining & insole
Medium brown transparent edge dressing
Brown normal welt (or chili - not sure)
Single JR sole

Any takers?
Me... Makeup sounds nice to start, but with the burgundy shell Bradley just ordered, all my cordo selections are burgundy (Dalton, Cambridge). The burgundy strand would be burgundy overkill, i think. Maybe I'll send back the Bradley and wait for this. You can count me in the "willing to bite if the numbers hold" category - I'm assuming 12 is the magic number again? Should be about the same $$$ as the recent shell Townley GMTO, I assume?
post #50150 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by menswhere View Post
 


I actually think I've had a change of heart -- I just can't get too excited about longwings. I'm in love with my strands in bourbon, and considering the brooks brothers version is down to $150 right now, I think a walnut strand might be the way to go. Every other option is either way more expensive, or they seem to have limitations in what I wear every day the strands just don't. That dumb? Your comment about walnut makes me think I might be going down the wrong path though. Thanks again my man.

LOVE my Walnut BB Strands!!

post #50151 of 70737

Gentlemen, I need your help. I am usually a 10.5 in most of my AE's which include some of the RL Made in America, Sanderson's and Amok from AE.

 

I have a friend who is offering me his bourbon dalton's for a great price but the boot is a size 10D. Would I fit the 10D if I am in a 10.5D in the Sanderson? Some space in the toes in the Sanderson. Thanks in advance.

post #50152 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarteaga View Post

Gentlemen, I need your help. I am usually a 10.5 in most of my AE's which include some of the RL Made in America, Sanderson's and Amok from AE.

I have a friend who is offering me his bourbon dalton's for a great price but the boot is a size 10D. Would I fit the 10D if I am in a 10.5D in the Sanderson? Some space in the toes in the Sanderson. Thanks in advance.

I wouldn't do it. The 1 last runs shorter and wider than the 2, 4, abd 5 lasts. If anything, I'd size up to an 11 for Dalton.
post #50153 of 70737
Does anyone own the Gobi in snuff yet? If so could you post some "real life" pics? Thoughts on the quality of construction? I'm tempted and see that there are loads available as 2nds.
post #50154 of 70737

Attention anyone who owns the Long Branch in dark brown grain:

 

How do you care for them?  I've read just a little leather lotion +/- cleaner conditioner or saddle soap.  My pair has kind of a flat dull brown color, which I kind of expected from that kind of boot . . . however, in looking online at pictures of other people's LBs, I've noticed some amazing looks.

 

Take, for instance, this person:

cmp3.9.27.0Lq4 0xad6b4f35

 

cmp3.9.27.0Lq4 0xf5fffab1

 

 

 

I realize this is the older version with the lighter welt and thinner sole.  But is the leather any different?  It doesn't look like waxy brown.  But it sure seems to hold somewhat of a shine.  The leather looks so much better than mine there.

 

(source of photos above: https://www.flickr.com/photos/fiofiofiofio/12660625285/in/photostream/ )

post #50155 of 70737
They could have thrown some neutral cream polish on them
post #50156 of 70737
Not sure if this the right thread to ask this question; but have any of you ever had to remove the dressing off of the heel? On some of my shoes, the edge dressing has built up to the point where it will peel/flake off in parts. Simply covering it with more dressing doesn't really work so I was thinking it would be better if I could just remove it all together and start from scratch. I can peel some of it off with my fingers but that's super tedious. I think I read people on here using sandpaper or something like that?

Thanks
post #50157 of 70737
Tape off welt edge then sand paper from rough grit to fine grit. Dont have the grit numbers off top of my head.
post #50158 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by unjung View Post

Is $179 a good price for suede Strands? Looks like they're a discontinued style, and I do love the Strand.

I just pulled the trigger on a pair at that price. I'm hopeful! (If your're a 10D, there's one pair left!)
post #50159 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by peppercorn78 View Post

I wouldn't do it. The 1 last runs shorter and wider than the 2, 4, abd 5 lasts. If anything, I'd size up to an 11 for Dalton.

I've been eyeing the Dalton. I normally wear 10D with most AE. I imagine I should size up to either 10E or 10.5D?
post #50160 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellyhungry View Post


I've been eyeing the Dalton. I normally wear 10D with most AE. I imagine I should size up to either 10E or 10.5D?

 

try the 10 D or E before sizing up. The daltons are wider than the 5 last shoes, and not much shorter

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...