or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 3342  

post #50116 of 70737

Wait, so there's a brooks brothers longwing? what is it? what last?

post #50117 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by BolognaFingers View Post

Wait, so there's a brooks brothers longwing? what is it? what last?

It's just the MacNeil. 7 last.
post #50118 of 70737
Good morning!

Just checked the AE site and the sale has begun!!
post #50119 of 70737
Is there a difference in fit between the BB Macneils and the stock Macneils? Both still TTS? Thanks
post #50120 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by kicker245 View Post

Is there a difference in fit between the BB Macneils and the stock Macneils? Both still TTS? Thanks
It has poron insoles so it would be a hair tighter but not enough to size up according to my experience.
post #50121 of 70737
The shell cordovan Bradley at RDA price is really calling my name. If only they didn't come with black soles and slip bead...
post #50122 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich_202 View Post

I'm looking at these from BB in brown:

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/Blucher-Lug-Soles/MH00029,default,pd.html?dwvar_MH00029_Color=BRWN&contentpos=45
  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)



Seems like a good deal right now.

They appear to be the AE San Marco (#2 Last).

I am a 11D in the #5 last (Mc Allister) and an 11D on the #1 Last (Dalton).

It seems like the #2 fits narrow, any suggestions on whether I should size up?

 

That is an exceptionally good deal.  They are indeed the San Marco.  I own the brown ones - in fact, they were the very first pair of AEs I ever bought.  I went the same size in them as I do in the 1 and 5 lasts and they work just fine for me.

post #50123 of 70737

Mora 2.0s in bourbon with jeans?  Pics? 

Trying to decide on those or:


Certainly easier to dress up with the Moras, but what I'm lacking at the moment are shoes that look good with jeans, chinos, and cords.  I'm leaning toward the Moras because they work well with my work wardrobe, but I also wonder how well they'll stand the test of time.  (In other words, are monk straps really here to stay?)

post #50124 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by watchidiot View Post

The shell cordovan Bradley at RDA price is really calling my name. If only they didn't come with black soles and slip bead...

Go for it! I did...

Resistance is futile!!
post #50125 of 70737

If I'm usually a 10D or 9.5E on the 5 Last, what do people recommend for the 8 Last, particularly for the Mora 2.0?

 

 

 

(Or do I forget the Mora and just get some brogue suede Strands? (for totally different uses, of course...))

post #50126 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by WICaniac View Post
 

Mora 2.0s in bourbon with jeans?  Pics? 

Trying to decide on those or:

 

 [BB Peal & Co. suede wingtips]


Certainly easier to dress up with the Moras, but what I'm lacking at the moment are shoes that look good with jeans, chinos, and cords.  I'm leaning toward the Moras because they work well with my work wardrobe, but I also wonder how well they'll stand the test of time.  (In other words, are monk straps really here to stay?)

I'm kind of in the same position - looking at both the Moras and suede.  I don't think there's a lot of overlap between their uses, I'm afraid.  I guess you could probably dress down bourbon Moras more easily than you could dress up suede wingtips (particularly those with the light welt).

post #50127 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatTuesday View Post
 

 

The RDA sale at Shoebank has begun!! Calf Daltons (other than Walnut) are $219.

 

 

Today, the Walnut Daltons were reduced to $219.  Not sure why they were not yesterday, but now they are.  Grab yourself a pair!  I did.

post #50128 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich_202 View Post

I am a 11D in the #5 last (Mc Allister) and an 11D on the #1 Last (Dalton).
 

I take 8.5C in #5 last and ordered 8D in Dalton (bourbon) yesterday. Considering that I will be wearing thicker socks with DAltons, I hope they won't be small.

post #50129 of 70737
With the RDA starting, I'm torn between getting a Mcallister or a dalton boot. Both are similar in style, but I can only buy one. Any thoughts on versatility of both? Right now I have strands in walnut(I was contemplating getting the Mcallister in the same color) Was thinking the dalton in either bourbon or walnut. I mostly dress down with dark denim and chinos, occasional dress pant. I'd get both if I could, but I'm saving up for a shell purchase later in the year smile.gif
post #50130 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mghart View Post

With the RDA starting, I'm torn between getting a Mcallister or a dalton boot. Both are similar in style, but I can only buy one. Any thoughts on versatility of both? Right now I have strands in walnut(I was contemplating getting the Mcallister in the same color) Was thinking the dalton in either bourbon or walnut. I mostly dress down with dark denim and chinos, occasional dress pant. I'd get both if I could, but I'm saving up for a shell purchase later in the year smile.gif

I just purchased chocolate daltons but I have bourbon mcallisters and walnut strands already. I liked the chocolate for the versatility but in your case I vote for walnut daltons smile.gif. I'm also a boot guy though too so I may be slightly biased haha.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...