Wait, so there's a brooks brothers longwing? what is it? what last?
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 1/31/17 at 1:56pm in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Yesterday at 11:49 am in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 3342post #50117 of 7073710/5/14 at 4:36ampost #50118 of 7073710/5/14 at 6:13ampost #50119 of 7073710/5/14 at 7:46ampost #50120 of 7073710/5/14 at 8:25ampost #50121 of 7073710/5/14 at 8:29ampost #50122 of 7073710/5/14 at 9:11amQuote:Originally Posted by rich_202
I'm looking at these from BB in brown:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Seems like a good deal right now.
They appear to be the AE San Marco (#2 Last).
I am a 11D in the #5 last (Mc Allister) and an 11D on the #1 Last (Dalton).
It seems like the #2 fits narrow, any suggestions on whether I should size up?
That is an exceptionally good deal. They are indeed the San Marco. I own the brown ones - in fact, they were the very first pair of AEs I ever bought. I went the same size in them as I do in the 1 and 5 lasts and they work just fine for me.post #50123 of 7073710/5/14 at 11:50am
Mora 2.0s in bourbon with jeans? Pics?
Trying to decide on those or:
Certainly easier to dress up with the Moras, but what I'm lacking at the moment are shoes that look good with jeans, chinos, and cords. I'm leaning toward the Moras because they work well with my work wardrobe, but I also wonder how well they'll stand the test of time. (In other words, are monk straps really here to stay?)post #50124 of 7073710/5/14 at 11:53ampost #50125 of 7073710/5/14 at 12:05pmpost #50126 of 7073710/5/14 at 12:08pmQuote:Originally Posted by WICaniac
Mora 2.0s in bourbon with jeans? Pics?
Trying to decide on those or:
[BB Peal & Co. suede wingtips]
Certainly easier to dress up with the Moras, but what I'm lacking at the moment are shoes that look good with jeans, chinos, and cords. I'm leaning toward the Moras because they work well with my work wardrobe, but I also wonder how well they'll stand the test of time. (In other words, are monk straps really here to stay?)
I'm kind of in the same position - looking at both the Moras and suede. I don't think there's a lot of overlap between their uses, I'm afraid. I guess you could probably dress down bourbon Moras more easily than you could dress up suede wingtips (particularly those with the light welt).post #50127 of 7073710/5/14 at 12:19pmpost #50128 of 7073710/5/14 at 12:52pmpost #50129 of 7073710/5/14 at 1:12pmWith the RDA starting, I'm torn between getting a Mcallister or a dalton boot. Both are similar in style, but I can only buy one. Any thoughts on versatility of both? Right now I have strands in walnut(I was contemplating getting the Mcallister in the same color) Was thinking the dalton in either bourbon or walnut. I mostly dress down with dark denim and chinos, occasional dress pant. I'd get both if I could, but I'm saving up for a shell purchase later in the yearpost #50130 of 7073710/5/14 at 1:18pmQuote:Originally Posted by Mghart
With the RDA starting, I'm torn between getting a Mcallister or a dalton boot. Both are similar in style, but I can only buy one. Any thoughts on versatility of both? Right now I have strands in walnut(I was contemplating getting the Mcallister in the same color) Was thinking the dalton in either bourbon or walnut. I mostly dress down with dark denim and chinos, occasional dress pant. I'd get both if I could, but I'm saving up for a shell purchase later in the year
I just purchased chocolate daltons but I have bourbon mcallisters and walnut strands already. I liked the chocolate for the versatility but in your case I vote for walnut daltons . I'm also a boot guy though too so I may be slightly biased haha.
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 6 minutes ago
- › Suit Fabrics 12 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 23 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 24 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 24 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 29 minutes ago
- › ***The Official Rick Owens Thread*** 31 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 31 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 49 minutes ago
- › NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread 50 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › The Current Popular Menswear Pieces
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway