or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 3327  

post #49891 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by epc2 View Post

Hi. Guys,

How's the quality of AE suede?, never seen their suede in person, I have Alden suede which I like and I'm thinking about ordering a snuff suede Gobi, is AE suede similar to Alden in quality?

TIA.

Their suede is nice, but I prefer Alden's suede, but it definitely comes with a large price hike that is probably not worth it. Plus Alden has a fairly limited selection unless you are hoping on a special order from a retailer.

-Mike
post #49892 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by pudman43 View Post


+1 for Bourbon

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by peppercorn78 View Post


+1 for chili wink.gif

 

Decisions, decisions...

post #49893 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Dynamite View Post
 

 

 

 

Decisions, decisions...

 

I prefer bourbon over chili, but there's also merlot :D  

 

post #49894 of 70737
Merlot trumps all.
post #49895 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by peppercorn78 View Post

Merlot trumps all.
worst hangover ever: Bourbon, Merlot, and Chili! J
post #49896 of 70737
picked up some walnut strands today, was supposed to get a pair of mora 2.0 with them but the left foot was much bigger than the right, and had a rather noticable blemish on the toe.

i love the strands and was wondering what products you all use on them? i like the look they have out of the box and want to more or less maintain that
post #49897 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by pudman43 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by peppercorn78 View Post

Merlot trumps all.
worst hangover ever: Bourbon, Merlot, and Chili! J

Lol...excellent
post #49898 of 70737
What discounts or markdowns should we expect from Shoebank for the RDA sale?

I preordered a pair of Long Branches (firsts) for the sale. Very tempted by the chili McGregor.

Trying to predetermine the level of damage (to my wallet).

Going to grab a few belts too.
post #49899 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatTuesday View Post

What discounts or markdowns should we expect from Shoebank for the RDA sale?

I preordered a pair of Long Branches (firsts) for the sale. Very tempted by the chili McGregor.

Trying to predetermine the level of damage (to my wallet).

Going to grab a few belts too.

 

Great minds think alike.  I recently bought the Long Branches (seconds) and am considering a Chili McGregor during the RDA sale.

 

I considered waiting until the RDA sale to see of the LB seconds went down as well, but I've missed out on available shoes/sizes before by waiting as little as a few days, so I pulled the trigger for $199.  I originally bought them in a size slightly too big, so I sent them back and should get the new pair of LB seconds tomorrow.  Depending on the quality and what the "defect" is, I may consider sending them back and getting a pair of firsts for $269.

post #49900 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackInTheJox View Post

Great minds think alike.  I recently bought the Long Branches (seconds) and am considering a Chili McGregor during the RDA sale.

I considered waiting until the RDA sale to see of the LB seconds went down as well, but I've missed out on available shoes/sizes before by waiting as little as a few days, so I pulled the trigger for $199.  I originally bought them in a size slightly too big, so I sent them back and should get the new pair of LB seconds tomorrow.  Depending on the quality and what the "defect" is, I may consider sending them back and getting a pair of firsts for $269.

Interesting. I considered MTO'ing the Long Branches at the reduced price, but I'm in on the Bayfield GMTO and figured that was enough for now. I like the Bleaker St. but I'll wait until someone pulls a GMTO on it in shell. I hate looking at the catalog - too many temptations!
post #49901 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatTuesday View Post


Interesting. I considered MTO'ing the Long Branches at the reduced price,
 

 

Hmm, I hadn't even considered that, although there would be a few changes I would make (chief of which would be the welt color).  But, if I'm not mistaken, the SF "waive the MTO fee" deal has gone by the wayside (at least for non-group MTOs), so that would still make it fairly expensive and probably not worth the trouble for me personally.

post #49902 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackInTheJox View Post

Hmm, I hadn't even considered that, although there would be a few changes I would make (chief of which would be the welt color).  But, if I'm not mistaken, the SF "waive the MTO fee" deal has gone by the wayside (at least for non-group MTOs), so that would still make it fairly expensive and probably not worth the trouble for me personally.

Yes, the SF waived fee deal is no longer available. It would be $269 + $125 during the sale.

+1 on the welt color.
post #49903 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by pudman43 View Post

worst hangover ever: Bourbon, Merlot, and Chili! J

Some whiskey would make it worth while.
post #49904 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemmy127 View Post

Some whiskey would make it worth while.

Followed by a deep burgundy and a nice cigar with a cappuccino to sober up.
post #49905 of 70737
Hi guys, I have a 'cleaning' question: is there a moistened wipe that exists, to quickly clean dirt/dust of the sides of the heel, prior to applying edge dressing? Or just for a quick swipe to clean this area, period? I find I accumulate a lot of dirt here, esp as I drive a standard. Thoughts? TIA J
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...