Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 1/31/17 at 1:56pm in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Today at 3:25 pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 3325post #49861 of 707379/27/14 at 5:42pmpost #49862 of 707379/27/14 at 5:52pmQuote:Originally Posted by JubeiSpiegel
AE store finally got in their demo pair of Bleecker Streets, they look pretty good in person IMO:
I am pleased with how they made this boot, i like the contrast lining, and they included that half sock-liner pad that i like. The cap toe that i was previously apprehensive about even looks good, not too small, and not too big. Told my SA to order me one, so i will report back when i get my pair...
Wish they were making this in Merlot.post #49863 of 707379/27/14 at 6:11pmpost #49864 of 707379/27/14 at 6:11pmpost #49865 of 707379/27/14 at 6:31pmThe new releases all looked good in person, the brown toe bleached boot was nice...sans the toe bleach. Gobi looked good.
Tried the new B last and it is interesting, similar to the 73 shaker heights with a rounder fuller toe....I will report fully tomorow...post #49866 of 707379/27/14 at 7:13pmQuote:
The brown leather Odenwald? An SA told me it's just a new pull-up leather. It's stretched in the toe to give it the brighter look. It's a boot that might look much better once broken-in, but it's hard to say unless someone takes the leap, buys, it, beats it up, and takes some photos for us.post #49867 of 707379/27/14 at 7:27pmQuote:Originally Posted by rostovQuote:
The brown leather Odenwald? An SA told me it's just a new pull-up leather. It's stretched in the toe to give it the brighter look. It's a boot that might look much better once broken-in, but it's hard to say unless someone takes the leap, buys, it, beats it up, and takes some photos for us.
It is without a doubt a tougher leather, and the boot looks good on. Full round toe and the sa did not mention that...the shoes that have that effect def appear to have been treated.post #49868 of 707379/27/14 at 10:42pmpost #49869 of 707379/28/14 at 4:21amQuote:Originally Posted by peppercorn78Quote:
Hmmm. Paul G told us it was a Horween leather with drastic pull-up effect.
Interesting, the boot toe and heel had a uniform light effect but the shoes were very speckled on the toe area.
If they are done by the same process they got two different results for sure.post #49870 of 707379/28/14 at 5:54ampost #49871 of 707379/28/14 at 10:14am
So my visit to the Short Hills AE store was nice and the main woman who helped was great - clearly she was the one in the know the other 3 employees were younger. In terms of the store well it was nice and this mall for anyone who does not know is a very upscale place - with every high end store in there and no low end stores at all...well macy;s :)
Anyway was a little shocked by the display models of the shoes and it really helps to explain why some shun AE for quality reasons. Shoes which were perfect look like they should cost more but an equal number of shoes had crooked cap toes, poor stitching and a sole or two that were not cut correctly. Also there was not a real throw it in your face HANDMADE or MADE IN THE USA vibe....I think these are two huge selling points and neither seemed to be featured much.
Sizes...well it is not a huge store so I get they will stock the more popular sizes so for what I wanted to try on in 7 or 8 styles they had nothing in 13e or 12eee and most not even a 13D...Nothing on the EC last.
Also the display models they had for most of the boots were in very small sizes...so much so that the Dalton did not even look like a Men's boot...not making fun of small feet but the display boot looked like a kids boot or an ankle high boot. I actually picked it up to see what it was.
The new shoes were great and even some that look terrible on line looked much better in person. The SA also confirmed she finds the issue with the heels on the loafers slipping on many and mention the best fitting on nearly everyone seems to be the Patriot as she thinks it is a combo heel to last. The Jomoc was very nice in person but could not try it on as not sizes for me or the Gobi.
There were a few models I did not like in person that I liked online...the split toes with the seem outward(AE version of a NST) the Clark St that was brought out should have been a second or third.
None of this to me is the fault of the store workers and the people that work there- Everyone was pleasant and really nice and made my 7 year old feel at home...unlike the douche bags in Brooks Brothers. I know writing this all makes it seems negative experience but it was not, so much so that I ordered a special delivery of the Blue Rush St in 12eee and they will honor the RDA price whenever they come in.
I wish I could remember the main woman who helped me name as she was wonderful and a great ambassador for the brand.post #49872 of 707379/28/14 at 12:33pm
When did AE change the welt on the dark brown Long Branch?
Older pics I've seen show this nicer, light welt which contrasts really nicely with the rest of the boot:
More recent LBs like the ones I recently bought have a dark brown/black welt, just like in the one posted by another user not long ago:
Ignoring the lace colors and lighting differences, the welt seems to make such a difference, with the first picture looking a lot better IMHO.
What gives?post #49873 of 707379/28/14 at 12:37pmpost #49874 of 707379/28/14 at 12:39pmpost #49875 of 707379/28/14 at 12:42pm
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › The State of Black Tie: Your Observations 1 minute ago
- › Alden Modified Last: If You Wear, or are Interested, Please Read 1 minute ago
- › Self Edge SF/NY/LA/PDX - Japanese Denim & More (Iron Heart,... 1 minute ago
- › How many miles did you run today? 2 minutes ago
- › NIKE Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments SS 17 2 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 3 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 4 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 6 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › The Current Popular Menswear Pieces
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway