or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 3324  

post #49846 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by rostov View Post
 

Picked up a pair of black STF Levis for practically free and couldn't refuse. Haven't worn black jeans in 20 years... thoughts on shoes to pair?

 

Looking at the pants and what others wear, I'm leaning toward navy, red, and maybe olive? My navy Banchory seems to pair well. The Ridgeway and Walnut Dalton, well, don't.

 

I imagine black jeans also work well with much lighter colors such as tan or white suede?

I havent worn my black pair of jeans in 3 years, and its because I also dont know what to wear with them. A black blucher should work. LWB, PTB or NST. I can imagine a black loafer as well.

 

Black suede should work too. Not sure about tan, but I can imagine white suede can work.

post #49847 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by rostov View Post
 

Picked up a pair of black STF Levis for practically free and couldn't refuse. Haven't worn black jeans in 20 years... thoughts on shoes to pair?

 

Looking at the pants and what others wear, I'm leaning toward navy, red, and maybe olive? My navy Banchory seems to pair well. The Ridgeway and Walnut Dalton, well, don't.

 

I imagine black jeans also work well with much lighter colors such as tan or white suede? (EDIT: but I also imagine there isn't enough overlap in the seasons that I'd wear black jeans *and* white shoes very often... alas!)

 

Well, besides more black (the obvious), I think red goes extremely well.  Personally I wouldn't do navy or olive.  Grey would look terrific, as might white if you were seeking a certain kind of look.

post #49848 of 70737

Had my SA order these in earlier this week, they're absolutely beautiful. The first picture is with flash, and the second is without.

 

 

 

 

post #49849 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trader George View Post

Had my SA order these in earlier this week, they're absolutely beautiful. The first picture is with flash, and the second is without.

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

[/SPOILER]

We need fit pics brah. Dammit that was a fail on the spoiler
post #49850 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7_rocket View Post


[/SPOILER]

We need fit pics brah. Dammit that was a fail on the spoiler

Very well, brah. I'll get right on that.

post #49851 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by rostov View Post

Picked up a pair of black STF Levis for practically free and couldn't refuse. Haven't worn black jeans in 20 years... thoughts on shoes to pair?

Looking at the pants and what others wear, I'm leaning toward navy, red, and maybe olive? My navy Banchory seems to pair well. The Ridgeway and Walnut Dalton, well, don't.

I imagine black jeans also work well with much lighter colors such as tan or white suede? (EDIT: but I also imagine there isn't enough overlap in the seasons that I'd wear black jeans *and* white shoes very often... alas!)
That's what THESE are for. Grey FTW



Edit: there's a pair of Grey Dalton's in our size at the shoe bank. Just sayin...
post #49852 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by peppercorn78 View Post


Edit: there's a pair of Grey Dalton's in our size at the shoe bank. Just sayin...

I know! I almost bought them during an earlier sale, but they disappeared and came back. Might be tempting when RDA comes.
post #49853 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trader George View Post
 

Had my SA order these in earlier this week, they're absolutely beautiful. The first picture is with flash, and the second is without.

 

 

 

 

 

what's this model called?

post #49854 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyinsanfran View Post
 

 

what's this model called?

It's the Fullerton in snuff suede.

post #49855 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackInTheJox View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by rostov View Post

Bob's Chilli is the closest to merlot and it's great.

I mean, Bob's Chili is a beautiful color, but it's nothing like Merlot. 

Just saw it today and it indeed looks somewhat in the merlot family towards burgundy..I am sure they vary from shoe to shoe
post #49856 of 70737
Anyone know if the colored stickers mean anything on the inside of the AE box? I can't remember off the top of my head if my seconds boxes have them, but for firsts I've seen green, blue and now white.
post #49857 of 70737
Just picked up black shell macneil for a couple upcoming weddings. And most likely for own in march!
post #49858 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skatenc123 View Post

Just picked up black shell macneil for a couple upcoming weddings. And most likely for own in march!

Awesome purchase and congratulations!
post #49859 of 70737
Wearing the Jeffs again at an event in Montauk. Gotta love that 3.5 hour commute...

post #49860 of 70737
AE store finally got in their demo pair of Bleecker Streets, they look pretty good in person IMO:



I am pleased with how they made this boot, i like the contrast lining, and they included that half sock-liner pad that i like. The cap toe that i was previously apprehensive about even looks good, not too small, and not too big. Told my SA to order me one, so i will report back when i get my pair... nod[1].gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...