or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 3319  

post #49771 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrispy650 View Post

Really digging the golden chromexcel Rush streets. Have a pair of walnut strands already but these are different enough yeah?

 

not to be an enabler, but the sheen on golden cxl is very different from walnut calf. Works great with rougher fabrics (tweed/denim)

post #49772 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by hp5273 View Post
 

 

OK!  Suede Ralph Lauren Sandersons by AE

 

 

nice sandersons.  can never find one in my size (which is a good thing for my wallet lol)

post #49773 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burzan View Post
 

A couple more pics of my Leeds since I cleaned them up last night and wearing them today. Going to love to see how these age, I will be using them as my go to all fall/winter when I need a casual shoe. 

 

 

 

 

 

These look great (the natural welt is perhaps too loud for me to pull off, but I like looking at others wearing natural welts!

 

Btw is that bloom on the uppers? nice to know that after all the sun these leeds have seen. there's still wax spewing from those!

post #49774 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by phsiao08 View Post
 

Hey AE Community - I have a question about the Carlyle vs Park Ave regarding sizing...I'm usually a "B" on the Park Ave last, would that size work on the Carlyle or should I bump up to a "D"? 

 

If you take a B in the Park Avenue (5 last), a B width carlyle in the same size would be roomy enough.

post #49775 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post

Crappy light, Ravello, Ravello, Walnut Shell, Whiskey



Alden Whiskey Shell - Colors vary with time made and age.



Crockett and Jones Whiskey (With Alden Chukka)



AE Walnut Shell (New)



AE Walnut Shell (Aged)





-Mike

 

that sir, is an outstanding array of lighter shell !!

post #49776 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyinsanfran View Post
 

 

 

These look great (the natural welt is perhaps too loud for me to pull off, but I like looking at others wearing natural welts!

 

Btw is that bloom on the uppers? nice to know that after all the sun these leeds have seen. there's still wax spewing from those!

 

Yea they still give off a bit of bloom after walking around. I kept them pretty well hydrated with VSC during the lightening process.

post #49777 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahuna75 View Post

The flat welt makes those look blobby... smile.gif



Nice looking boot...

 



Ha...ha....ha....

Not sure how you could tell as I could barely make out boots in those ebay pics. Low light, and blurry. Sheesh.

They do appear to have a wheeled edge though. But with that lower profile mini lug tap sole it kinda goes a little better IMO.
post #49778 of 70737
Forgot to mention I stopped by the new Atlanta AE store yesterday afternoon on the first day open. One of the new style showrooms. Looked really nice, pretty large. Had more clothes than the other Atlanta store. Lupe the manager explained some of the new displays some of which I would have never noticed really, tables higher, floating shelves, etc. I should have taken some pictures. I got to see the CXL Long Branch and the black welt and sole weren't as bad as it was made out in pictures. No Bleecker St in store yet. Had pretty much all the others though. I usually stop by fairly often and talk since its on the way home and check out the new stuff lately as its come out. Told him about the GMTOs and I had to hold off on shoes till after the wedding. Then he proceeded to ask how many groomsmen I had then went and grabbed some of the double ringed cordovan key chains and handed me one for each. Really nice gesture and I'm sure they'll appreciate it along with some advertising. I've told him before I'm wearing AE's for the wedding and have encouraged my party to as well. But as long as shoes are presentable its fine.

However I did notice some bad finishing on some of the display model. Some striping on a few Bourbon colors and one in Bobs chili. I'd assume that the displays models could come from the 2nds bin but to me if you want to sell more you should have the best examples out there.
post #49779 of 70737
Hey guys, I've just started getting my shoes in order! What would recommend for my next AE shoe and color given that I have the following?:

1. Park Ave. - Black
2. Dalton Boot - Chocolate
3. McCallister - Merlot
4. Rancourt Blake Wingtip suede - Bitter Chocolate Repello
5. Herring Gosforth II - Cigar Suede

Thanks!
post #49780 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertRat View Post

Hey guys, I've just started getting my shoes in order! What would recommend for my next AE shoe and color given that I have the following?:

1. Park Ave. - Black
2. Dalton Boot - Chocolate
3. McCallister - Merlot
4. Rancourt Blake Wingtip suede - Bitter Chocolate Repello
5. Herring Gosforth II - Cigar Suede

Thanks!

Looks good to me. I guess any further recommendations would depend on what kind of wardrobe you're pairjng the shoes with.
post #49781 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by peppercorn78 View Post

Looks good to me. I guess any further recommendations would depend on what kind of wardrobe you're pairjng the shoes with.

Thanks! Just anticipating the RDA sale coming up! Wardrobe would be business casual and dark washed jeans.

Thanks again!
post #49782 of 70737
I chose the Walnut with grey today. I know some here are not big fans of this combination, but I like it.


Chris
post #49783 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertRat View Post



Thanks! Just anticipating the RDA sale coming up! Wardrobe would be business casual and dark washed jeans.



Thanks again!

 




The Lexington would probably be a good pick up at $250. Could maybe go with a Walnut or Bourbon color since you have a Merlot shoe already.

Honestly, whatever you think you'll like and wear the most.
post #49784 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by hohneokc View Post

I chose the Walnut with grey today. I know some here are not big fans of this combination, but I like it.


Chris

Love it. Walnut works best with greys IMO
post #49785 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by hohneokc View Post

I chose the Walnut with grey today. I know some here are not big fans of this combination, but I like it.
Chris

Also wearing walnut and grey today:
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...