or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 3318  

post #49756 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by peppercorn78 View Post

Wingtip Wednesday???

 

OK!  Suede Ralph Lauren Sandersons by AE

 

post #49757 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cold Iron View Post
 

Yes they are and do look great. I really like the Bayfield

CXL, black calf, cappuccino shell

 

 

 

Better view of the Cappuccino shell with indoor lighting so it looks more like brown shell. Well worn, great boot.

 

A related PSA.. there is a pair of Bayfields in Cappuccino shell on eBay in 11e apparently "worn 3 times" (ping @peppercorn78)

 

I thought of snagging them, but I'm going to have to pass. My Daltons in 11e are wearable, but I've hit my limit for "barely fitting" shell. Next pair will have to be wider ;-)

post #49758 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by rostov View Post

A related PSA.. there is a pair of Bayfields in Cappuccino shell on eBay in 11e apparently "worn 3 times" (ping @peppercorn78
)

I thought of snagging them, but I'm going to have to pass. My Daltons in 11e are wearable, but I've hit my limit for "barely fitting" shell. Next pair will have to be wider ;-)

Meh, thanks but I'll pass. All set with brown boots.

How are those Dalton's treating you?
post #49759 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by peppercorn78 View Post


Meh, thanks but I'll pass. All set with brown boots.

How are those Dalton's treating you?

 

Visually, they're beautiful. Fit-wise, they seem to be fine as long as I wear thin socks and I'm careful putting them on. The upper, being unlined, tends to have leather which folds over and causes some pain on my wider foot if I'm not careful.

 

Also, they seemed a bit dry when they arrived. I've used a damp cloth and some VSG to cleanup and condition. They feel softer and slightly oilier now, but I feel they should have more of a shine (but as casual shoes, I'm okay having no shine...)

post #49760 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cold Iron View Post

Yes they are and do look great. I really like the Bayfield

CXL, black calf, cappuccino shell

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

Better view of the Cappuccino shell with indoor lighting so it looks more like brown shell. Well worn, great boot.

 



Thats a good looking flat welt wink.gif


Great boots.
post #49761 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stamper1924 View Post

I just received my Burgundy Cordovan Macneils and was wondering for those of you that have these, is your shade of Burgundy Macneils really dark? The ones I received look almost black.

I included a comparison shot with my Burgundy Cordovan Leeds which seems a shade lighter.

What are your thoughts?

My burgundy shell MacNeils are a lot darker than my Leeds too. I prefer the darker color.
post #49762 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by csmitty View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cold Iron View Post
 

Yes they are and do look great. I really like the Bayfield

CXL, black calf, cappuccino shell

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

Better view of the Cappuccino shell with indoor lighting so it looks more like brown shell. Well worn, great boot.

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 



Thats a good looking flat welt wink.gif


Great boots.

 

:lol:

post #49763 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by peppercorn78 View Post

Wingtip Wednesday???
  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Truffle Shell McAllisters

 

 

post #49764 of 70737
The flat welt makes those look blobby... smile.gif

Nice looking boot...
post #49765 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Churchill W View Post

My burgundy shell MacNeils are a lot darker than my Leeds too. I prefer the darker color.

Churchill W, thanks for your input!
post #49766 of 70737

Does anyone here happen to have the inside scoop as to when the next big sale event will be for the website as well as factory stores?

 

Thanks in advance.

post #49767 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by hp5273 View Post

OK!  Suede Ralph Lauren Sandersons by AE


I see your RL and raise you a Neumok
post #49768 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by branpureza View Post
 

Does anyone here happen to have the inside scoop as to when the next big sale event will be for the website as well as factory stores?

 

Thanks in advance.

 

Rediscover America Sale starts October 6th:

 

https://www.behance.net/gallery/18379345/Allen-Edmonds-Cataloging-Rediscover-America-Sale-2014

post #49769 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackInTheJox View Post
 

 

Rediscover America Sale starts October 6th:

 

https://www.behance.net/gallery/18379345/Allen-Edmonds-Cataloging-Rediscover-America-Sale-2014

Thank you sir!!!

post #49770 of 70737
Really digging the golden chromexcel Rush streets. Have a pair of walnut strands already but these are different enough yeah?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...