Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 1/2/17 at 4:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Today at 5:27 pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 3307post #49591 of 707379/20/14 at 1:33pmpost #49592 of 707379/20/14 at 1:40pmpost #49593 of 707379/20/14 at 1:53pm
Just received word from Nick V at B. Nelson that my AE brown shell Coles (loafers) are on their way back to me. Instead of the very stale black welt and edge, I requested chili welt and light brown transparent edging on JR soles. I can not wait to see them! I'll post photos when they arrive.
As soon as I get them back, I need to send in a pair of patina'ed burgundy shell Leeds. I want to do something similar. I may do a lighter welt with mid sole and mini lug or commando sole. I like the ability to change up the shoes when they need resoling.post #49594 of 707379/20/14 at 3:32pmpost #49595 of 707379/20/14 at 4:09pmpost #49596 of 707379/20/14 at 5:21pmpost #49597 of 707379/20/14 at 5:44pmpost #49598 of 707379/20/14 at 7:06pmQuote:Originally Posted by YoungSweet
@CMT1may I ask where you got vsc from?
Here is the best value I found in VSC. It will last you forever... You do pay a premium for shipping it though.post #49599 of 707379/20/14 at 7:17pmQuote:Originally Posted by GOP Shoe Guy
Here is the best value I found in VSC. It will last you forever... You do pay a premium for shipping it though.
That is a good deal, I just paid $42 on Amazon, with 2 day shipping. It's about $10 cheaper on that link.post #49600 of 707379/20/14 at 8:06pmpost #49601 of 707379/20/14 at 8:41pmI am struggling badly with townley size...the only 511 last I have that fits perfect is the Dalton and being a boot it is more forgiving. my leeds fit really well in same size as dalton but not perfect...this is were no 12.5 kills me.post #49602 of 707379/20/14 at 8:55pmQuote:
The leeds fits narrower, even though it's supposed to fit the same as other 1 last shoes.
IMO, among 1-last shoes, the fit of different shoes goes as follows: (from narrowest to widest): Malvern chukka < Leeds ptb < Dalton boot < dundee chukka = Townley
These differences are marginal however, but I noticed them because I like to wear shoes/boots with a very snug fit.
The townley shell (if they are the same lasts as used in the past) would fit like the dundee shell chukkas, although the firmer toe-cap might not work in the same size if you have extra-long toes.post #49603 of 707379/20/14 at 9:59pm
I just had my AE gunboats recrafted and AE was kind enough to send me a $35 off coupon towards a new pair. I have no plans to purchase any AEs in the near future and it expires in 75 days.
I'd hate for it to go to waste and my morals tell me that trading it for money isn't right. Does anyone want it? It's only good on full price pairs in store or online.
Message me if you are interested.
EDIT: card has been claimed.
Edited by PDandG - 9/21/14 at 7:20ampost #49604 of 707379/20/14 at 10:16pmQuote:Originally Posted by CMT1
Congrats on the Cambridge FatTuesday! I just went to town on my pair. They had always looked dull no matter how much I brushed them, so I tried the Mac method of using a bit of water with some vigorous scrubbing. I was surprised at the amount of burgundy color that transferred to the microfiber cloth when I did this, and suddenly the shoes had a lot more shine to them. I assume that this was the overly aggressive, layered factory polish and I removed a lot of it, if not all.
I probably should have stopped there, but the leather felt dry to me, so I added a light coating of VSC and the leather seemed to soak it up.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
nice!post #49605 of 707379/21/14 at 5:26amHas anyone here had a mini lug tap sole added to their AE shoes? Basically I want a mini lug top on a pair of Daltons, but not waste a resole to do so. I like the idea of getting better grip and I tend to tear through the heel and toe of my leather soled shoes quickly.
Thoughts on doing it on a chukka?
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › The Rise and Rise of Donald J Trump 15 seconds ago
- › VASS Balmoral Boots, F Last, Black Calf, Size 44 EU, Shoe Trees,... 4 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 5 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 6 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 8 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 9 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 9 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 11 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 18 minutes ago
- › ***The Official Rick Owens Thread*** 19 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...