Different office today? I don't recognize the carpet. Shoes are stunning.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 1/2/17 at 4:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Today at 6:40 pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 3295post #49411 of 707379/16/14 at 5:12pmpost #49412 of 707379/16/14 at 5:27pmpost #49413 of 707379/16/14 at 5:53pmQuote:
You have two options:
1) order a fully customized, personal 1-off MTO for full retail plus $125.
2) join one of the current Styleforum group MTOs for 15-20% off. I believe the brown cordovan Townley is still accepting orders.post #49414 of 707379/16/14 at 6:14pmQuote:
And a brown cordovan EC with mini lug soles.
Edited by FatTuesday - 9/16/14 at 6:47pmpost #49415 of 707379/16/14 at 6:34pmpost #49416 of 707379/16/14 at 6:41pm
So I've been unhappy with my burgundy shell MacNeils for a while now. When I took the goop off, they were splotchy underneath. I tried fixing it, but to no avail. So I fixed my problem. Bought an old stock pair off firsts off ebay for $300. They are perfect. I will now send my original pair back to AE for redrafting, where I have requested a natural welt and edge dressing, akin to my Lexingtons. Since they will also refinish them, should solve my problem; and I get a cool pair of shoes in the process!
New pair with old splotchy pair (right shoe)
Splotchiness:post #49417 of 707379/16/14 at 6:44pmQuote:
The two shell offerings are definitely open.
Regarding the three calfskin EC's, Allison has received the orders but hasn't invoiced folks yet. At least not me.
If I were you I'd call her tomorrow and ask if you could still jump in. Seems like there would be no reason to not add you if there were plenty of leather in the color you wanted. You're no worse off for trying.post #49418 of 707379/16/14 at 6:44pm
I also got a pair of Nassaus in brown shark. I've been lusting after this one for years, finally found a pair that fits. I'm normally a 12 EEE, but this pair in 12.5 E seems to fit. I'm going to go with the v-tread tap sole. As these are beat to hell and from the 70s, AE redrafting will have their hands full. I'm also asking for a medium brown transparent edge.post #49419 of 707379/16/14 at 6:53pmQuote:Originally Posted by FatTuesday
I received a pair Wolverine 1000 Mile 744 LTD's by AE today. This was my crowning jewel from the shell sale! They are brown shell (Wolverine calls them Mahogany) with W's butyl leather sole and Vibram heel. Marked as seconds but no real obvious defect I can see. Once may have been a show room shoe - few marks and carpet burns on sole while the other is pristine. At $325, these are definitely keepers!!!
That is a score in capital letters. The 744 LTDs are awesome boots. Enjoy them!post #49420 of 707379/16/14 at 6:55pmQuote:Originally Posted by mediahound
Quote:Originally Posted by LeviMay
Something I just realized is that I don't ever discuss this stuff in any detail with anyone in person, just online. It was interesting hearing it pronounced (correctly, I assume) as "COR-dah-van", rather than "cor-DOH-van", as I say it (incorrectly, I assume), and "BLOO-ker", rather than "BLOO-cher".
Dumb, but neat.
Yea, blucher is definitely 'bloo ker' - http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/blucher?s=t
Sez Wikipedia, either way is fine.post #49421 of 707379/16/14 at 7:00pmQuote:
Thanks Half! Noticed that the seconds price was $609 on the box! SA said these never go on sale. They were introduced in 2012 -1000 pair only. That may make them old stock. This one being a second had no number hand written on the tongue like the firsts do. It does have a cool partial Horween stamp on the inside.post #49422 of 707379/16/14 at 7:15pmQuote:Originally Posted by FatTuesday
Thanks Half! Noticed that the seconds price was $609 on the box! SA said these never go on sale. They were introduced in 2012 -1000 pair only. That may make them old stock. This one being a second had no number hand written on the tongue like the firsts do. It does have a cool partial Horween stamp on the inside.
I actually scored mine off eBay. 300 for brand new firsts. I love them!post #49423 of 707379/16/14 at 7:21pmQuote:Quote:
Oh, I absolutely believe you, I just find it funny I had never heard these words out loud before.post #49424 of 707379/16/14 at 7:24pmQuote:
BTW, your link specifically mentions both: "[bloo-ker, -cher]"post #49425 of 707379/16/14 at 7:29pm
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 1 minute ago
- › Advice on tuxedos 1 minute ago
- › Ralph Lauren Purple Label Westley Linen Sportcoat NWT 44R 1 minute ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 2 minutes ago
- › Arc'teryx and Veilance Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Cordings of piccadilly 4 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 4 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Poor man's watch thread 8 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 9 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...