Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 1/31/17 at 1:56pm in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Today at 3:25 pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 3234post #48496 of 707378/28/14 at 6:03amJust got AE's email re. belts. Do they not sell any burgundy belts? Do they sell them sometimes? And a related question: Last fall sometime, AE had a special merlot run, where they offered the Strand and 5th Ave in merlot for a short time. I've only been following AE since last spring (15 pairs since then, which on this forum is probably par for the course!) so I was wondering if anyone knows whether this is something they do every year (or most years). If not, I might try looking elsewhere.post #48497 of 707378/28/14 at 6:30amQuote:I was looking for a decent burgundy belt and ended up going with this from Gustin a few months ago. It doesn't work well for wear with worsted wool (...alliteration not intended) but looks fantastic with chinos and especially denim. Price has since been bumped up to $85 plus shipping on the latest run; still worth it.
For dress use, I'm still holding out hope that someday I can steal a 34" #8 shell belt on eBay from a seller who doesn't know what he's got.post #48498 of 707378/28/14 at 6:35amQuote:
Of 12 pairs received from shoe bank (all at outstanding prices), 1 pair had to be returned.
There was a 1/2 inch difference in back-of-boot height in a pair of rothsay boots. The left one tied above my ankle, the right tied 1/2 inch lower, at a wide point of my ankle.
For me, they were unwearable. Except, I wore them out before realizing why they felt so different, left to right. AE took them back despite the wear, once they looked at the difference.
Your odds are very good, but nothing is assured until they are on your feet.post #48499 of 707378/28/14 at 7:05amQuote:
You know, I read on AE's website that the Mojave last was supposed to be more generous than their previous boots. I've never tried on the Amoks, but the Malverns were way too tight in the toes in my normal 11.5D, so I went ahead and ordered the 12D in the Mojave. I compared them to my 12D Malvern, and I really can't tell a difference visually in width at the toe or in the way they feel.post #48500 of 707378/28/14 at 7:05ampost #48501 of 707378/28/14 at 7:10amQuote:
Just sent an email to my retail SA this morning about getting a pair of firsts that are out there. Tried them on in store when they were in the 165 clearance range but decided on some Patriots instead. Now at 137 and 35 off (SA agreement) can't beat that. Hopefully it wasn't the one I tried on with the messed up welt :/post #48502 of 707378/28/14 at 8:03amFor those worried about the width of the amok, they stretch out a lot width wise. I couldn't wear mine more than 5 minutes because they would hurt on the sides, but after 15 wears they're my most comfortable AEs
Edit: damn phone
Edited by mmmtttt - 8/28/14 at 9:13ampost #48503 of 707378/28/14 at 8:20amQuote:Originally Posted by random-adam
I was looking for a decent burgundy belt and ended up going with this from Gustin a few months ago. It doesn't work well for wear with worsted wool (...alliteration not intended) but looks fantastic with chinos and especially denim. Price has since been bumped up to $85 plus shipping on the latest run; still worth it.
Thanks, I'll keep it in mind, as I do need one for casual use also. Actually, though, now that I've moved from my iPhone to my computer and checked AE's website, I see they do have several burgundy belts available.post #48504 of 707378/28/14 at 8:58ampost #48505 of 707378/28/14 at 10:25ampost #48506 of 707378/28/14 at 10:26amQuote:Originally Posted by Mean Mr Mustard
Just got AE's email re. belts. Do they not sell any burgundy belts? Do they sell them sometimes? And a related question: Last fall sometime, AE had a special merlot run, where they offered the Strand and 5th Ave in merlot for a short time. I've only been following AE since last spring (15 pairs since then, which on this forum is probably par for the course!) so I was wondering if anyone knows whether this is something they do every year (or most years). If not, I might try looking elsewhere.
The Merlot Strand was burnished and I picked up a pair as a web gem. I ordered them through the local store and the associate mentioned they might add them to the regular lineup. So there is a chance. I picked up a burnished Merlot Manistee belt at the same time.post #48507 of 707378/28/14 at 10:35amQuote:Originally Posted by peppercorn78
While I think the first one might be a cool flashy "event" shoe, if one were somebody like a Robin Thicke, but does one wear something like that to the office?
Of course, I can totally see this selling to men who who want to impress the girlfriends/wives that they coerced into the local AE retail store. This is the sort of shoe that a woman might love, for what that's worth. I can totally see a few ex-girlfriends of mine (not my wife, though) recommending this one to me...
I'm eager to see the rest of the new boots, etc. When can we?
A friend of mine that I turned onto AE sent me this pic today of his new purchase . I really can't find a place for these on any scale of formality. A black captoe Balmoral with a suede upper? Plain silly to me.
I didn't have the heart to talk him out of it as he was giddy as a schoolgirl about them.post #48508 of 707378/28/14 at 10:41amQuote:Originally Posted by rostov
Remove the cap and replace the black calf with patent leather and you've got yourself a tuxedo shoe.
The only shoe (boot, really) that gets my attention this fall is this one here:
It's pretty out of the box and I expect the pull-up leather on this one might patina nicely. The grain version is also growing on me, but I'm already sporting a pair of Dukes. Mostly, however, I'm turned off by the leather sole. My need for such a boot is largely at odds with a leather sole: I want something with at least a mini-lug to take a beating through the NE winters.
Agreed, love this boot. Looks a lot like a Redwing Beckman. No idea why they'd put a leather sole on such a piece of footwear. If the MTO waiver was still around I'd order a pair with a mini lug sole in Bob's Chili... Alas.
Edited by OptoDoc - 8/28/14 at 10:54ampost #48509 of 707378/28/14 at 10:42ampost #48510 of 707378/28/14 at 10:47amQuote:
I just bought a Chemex today! What is your perfected technique?
(sorry to hijack the thread, feel free to answer with a PM... Or not answer at all if it's topsecret)
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › Suitsupply NYC 1 minute ago
- › Engineered Garments SS 17 9 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 11 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 22 minutes ago
- › The Official Common Projects Thread 22 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 27 minutes ago
- › NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread 29 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 31 minutes ago
- › East Sicily Tailors 45 minutes ago
- › LEMAIRE 58 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › The Current Popular Menswear Pieces
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway