Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 2/25/17 at 7:45pm in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Yesterday at 8:18 pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 3220post #48286 of 707378/23/14 at 3:06pmpost #48287 of 707378/23/14 at 3:20pmpost #48288 of 707378/23/14 at 3:26pmAnyone have recent experience with the Delray? There are a bunch of negative reviews on the AE site saying the toebox is too narrow, and some saying that it has been redesigned from the past. I'm wondering if this just people who don't fit the 8-last well, or if there really is an issue.post #48289 of 707378/23/14 at 6:16pmQuote:Originally Posted by kmdsimpson
Anyone have recent experience with the Delray? There are a bunch of negative reviews on the AE site saying the toebox is too narrow, and some saying that it has been redesigned from the past. I'm wondering if this just people who don't fit the 8-last well, or if there really is an issue.
It fits similar to the 5 last. It's a bit more narrow, but I take the same size. Some people prefer to go up one in widthpost #48290 of 707378/23/14 at 6:24pmI ordered Long Branch boots late last winter but never really got a chance to wear them. I went back and forth today with whether they should stay or if I should sell them, especially since I've added a few Alden boots into the mix recently. For now at least they are going to stay since they are so comfortable and so much lighter weight than my Alden Indy's in Kudu with a full lug sole.
Treated them to some Obenauf's Heavy Duty LP. They feel completely moisturized now and I hope the color stays this dark. May need another coating just to be sure. Here's some before and after shots with and without flash:post #48291 of 707378/23/14 at 6:27pmQuote:Originally Posted by Slickninjas
hey guys, I've been reading so many pages want to ask for opinions. I had my first pair of Allen Edmonds for a year now. Trying not to wear out the Park Ave. so I am looking for a second pair of blacks. I am deciding between Vernon, Fifth Ave and the Kenilworth. I like the Vernon of the minimalist style but none of my friends picked it out of the three. I am business casual.
Any suggestions or other style I should consider?
You might look at the Strand.post #48292 of 707378/23/14 at 6:53pmpost #48293 of 707378/23/14 at 8:55pmHey gents. I already have the Mora 2.0 in bourbon. Love it, probably my favorite shoe across all brands in my closet. I'm debating whether I should pick up the brown color. Does anyone have both? There's already a limited number of looks I can do with the double monks (jeans and chinos, but I think a bit out of place with dress pants*), wondering if 2 somewhat similar colors makes sense...
*of course maybe I feel this way because my pair is bourbon- will the brown complement a more formal look?post #48294 of 707378/23/14 at 10:09pmThe monk/double monk is a versatile shoe, but more casual and better paired with less formal wear. If the goal us something for a suit, I'd be more inclined to pick up a park, fifth or something along those lines. You might look at brogues, they can more easily make the translation between a suit and business casual... That being said, if you love them and will wear them - no harm in having multiple colors in the same line. Certainly aids in rotation. I put the monk above the penny loafer, a great traveler...post #48295 of 707378/24/14 at 6:40amQuote:
Thanks for mentioning this, SkySaw. I didn't know there were businesses like this out there. I spend a couple weeks every Christmas within a short drive of Detroit, so could definitely make use of this.post #48296 of 707378/24/14 at 7:57amIt seems like a good service, and it is located within a couple of blocks from the border. They provide space and materials for you to open your package, prepare and process returns, and dispose of packaging. Until AE opens a retail presence in Canada or provides affordable shipping options, this will be the way I buy my shoes.post #48297 of 707378/24/14 at 7:59amHi, I just received a pair of PA in brown and a pair of Strands in walnut. The PA:s are flawless, I feel I will get a lot of use out of these.
The Strands look like they've been clumsily colored. The toe on the left shoe is darker than the right one. Is there anything I can do to even it out? Is this a permanent color or a superficial layer that can be removed or changed? I would prefer to lighten the dark one, but if that's not possible I'd like to darken the right shoe. I haven't owned shoes like these before and I'm hesitant to experimenting on them. Returning isn't an option (bought them from Nordstrom, I'm in Sweden now).
I got a pair of Strands in bourbon first, but returned them. To my eyes AE makes a better walnut, and an even better dark brown.post #48298 of 707378/24/14 at 8:13amQuote:
I live in Windsor and use a similar service (kinek) and I love it. I cant even tell you how much money ive saved by avoiding Canadian shipping + duty/tax.post #48299 of 707378/24/14 at 8:17am
Maybe I'm a touch slow and someone else has already commented on it but has anyone else noticed that AE has brought back the Walnut MacNeil? I just came across it on the shoebank and was wondering why it wasnt marked to clearance prices. Then I looked at the regular site and noticed that they had brought it back.post #48300 of 707378/24/14 at 8:30amQuote:
Last year before Christmas I bought a pair of black PA from the BB sale for a younger guy that I work with. He along with most everyone else his age around me wear those ugly square toed clown shoes and he had talked to me for a long time about my AE's asking questions. People DO notice your shoes... Since then he has told me several times how he now hates his square toed shoes. Couple of weeks ago he said he might be wearing them too much as the "wood" was showing through and turning brown and asked if he should he send them in for recrafting. I told him no hang on he has a long time yet for that and the next day brought in some edge dressing and AE cleaner conditioner and gave a lesson in shoe care. It was an eye opener to me that there is a whole generation out there that doesn't know how to take care of real shoes.
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › *** The official PATRIK ERVELL thread *** 6 seconds ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 1 minute ago
- › 2/27 PRICE DROP! ALDEN SALE - WHISKEY PTB, CIGAR LWB, TAN SUEDE LWB... 2 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › How to make darts less noticeable? 5 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 8 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 8 minutes ago
- › + DRIES VAN NOTEN + 8 minutes ago
- › Antonio Meccariello Shoes 9 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...