Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on Yesterday at 8:52 pm in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on 9/24/16 at 9:17pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 321post #4801 of 707374/29/12 at 12:26pmpost #4802 of 707374/29/12 at 12:38pmpost #4803 of 707374/29/12 at 12:40pmpost #4804 of 707374/29/12 at 1:19pm
Attention AE whores:
Got word today from AE in Chicago that the Neumora is being recalled(if this is a double post, please disregard).
The strap is faulty due to the fact there is no elastic and they are breaking(as posted in these very forums).
Looks like they're adding elastic.
As for the shoe:
The web site pics are terrible.
It's MUCH better looking and sleek in person.(By AE standards).
The brown is stellar and the rich leather has shades of black in the leather.
Sadly, the black looks like Pilgrim shoes in person in my mind.
Probably going to order the brown once they get the straps resolved.post #4805 of 707374/29/12 at 1:23pmpost #4806 of 707374/29/12 at 1:41pmpost #4807 of 707374/29/12 at 2:05pmpost #4808 of 707374/29/12 at 2:48pmpost #4809 of 707374/29/12 at 3:23pmQuote:Originally Posted by albeindc
Just went to the AE location in Reston, VA by me. Great staff, the guy there helped me think about getting a versatile color for almost any occasion, so I went ahead and picked up some Walnut McAllisters in 7D. He was also helpful in explaining shoe care techniques and products. Ended up getting shoe trees, a shoe horn, walnut polish, conditioner, a brush, a cloth, and dressing. Total came out to ~$310 after tax (salesguy discounted everything for me, which was a great gesture). Happy to say I'm quite satisfied with my purchase/experience and looking forward to a lifetime of use with these shoes!
They are a great group in the Reston, VA store. I went Saturday to get shoe care supplies, they were quite busy.post #4810 of 707374/29/12 at 4:05pmpost #4811 of 707374/29/12 at 4:17pmpost #4812 of 707374/29/12 at 4:24pm
C&J Lowndes. I also like how the straps are closer together compared to how the straps on the Neumora flare out. It looks nice on some (e.g., AS Ramsey) but it is just too much for me.
For the quality and the price point,the Neumora fits a nice niche though.post #4813 of 707374/29/12 at 4:55pmpost #4814 of 707374/29/12 at 5:21pmQuote:Originally Posted by Mutynee
i was wondering the same thing. i see some people post how they got AEs for ~$150 usd or so... I want to ge my first pair of AEs, but are they worth $335/pair? Can someone people let me know where I can find some of these sales? Is is their website or certain stores? Thanks in advance
Yesterday I went to the outlet store that is part of the AE factory in Port Washington, WI. There were lots of good bargains. Lots of shoes marked down in price as seconds, but with very little wrong with them. I posted a picture of a pair of cordovan Macneils that I picked up, they list for $575.00 and had a posted price of $399.00 on the box as seconds, but they sold them to me for $299.00. The only thing that I could really see wrong with them was sort of a pinch mark on the vamp that didn't even go half way across the top of the shoe--it wasn't like the wrinkles or creases that develop after wearing, pretty minor. They weren't laced up and had no wear marks on the soles. I suppose when someone pays $575.00 for a new pair of shoes they don't want to see any imperfection when they pull them out of the box, hence, the availability of fine looking seconds.
The Daltons I picked up had a list price of $375.00 and a second price listed as $299.00, but there was a gold sticker on the box along with a price tag of $179.00. I was told that the special price was because the boots were made as a special order for someone who ended up returning them. The only thing I could see wrong with this pair was a small amount of puckering of the leather on the toe of the left-hand shoe where the leather is fastened down to the sole. It looks like something that might even smooth out over time, even if it doesn't--no big deal.
Now that I've been to the store and have seen the quality of the seconds with my own eyes, I think from now on I'll call down there and ask about availability of style, size, and color of shoes I'm interested in. I think they will ship out seconds from out of the outlet store.
Also, the outlet store had quite a good selection. I would call them up if I were you. But it is nice to try them on in person. I have pairs in a variety of styles that range in size from 11.5E, 11.5EEE, 12D, 12E, to 12EEE and they all fit well enough with a little thought put into sock selection.post #4815 of 707374/29/12 at 6:08pm
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › Alligator / Crocodile Shoes 9 seconds ago
- › Deconstructed Z Zegna suit 34 seconds ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 2 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 2 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 4 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 8 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 8 minutes ago
- › Why all the hate for wholecuts? 10 minutes ago
- › The State of Black Tie: Your Observations 12 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...