Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on Today at 1:46 pm in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Yesterday at 8:08 pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 9.18.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 9.18.12
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 321
Styleforum Top Picks
Attention AE whores:
Got word today from AE in Chicago that the Neumora is being recalled(if this is a double post, please disregard).
The strap is faulty due to the fact there is no elastic and they are breaking(as posted in these very forums).
Looks like they're adding elastic.
As for the shoe:
The web site pics are terrible.
It's MUCH better looking and sleek in person.(By AE standards).
The brown is stellar and the rich leather has shades of black in the leather.
Sadly, the black looks like Pilgrim shoes in person in my mind.
Probably going to order the brown once they get the straps resolved.
I agree it is just a hair too square (heh, a rhyme). I do like chiseled toes but less pronounced (like my two shoes below):
I have to admit it looks much more contemporary than the old Mora.
Just went to the AE location in Reston, VA by me. Great staff, the guy there helped me think about getting a versatile color for almost any occasion, so I went ahead and picked up some Walnut McAllisters in 7D. He was also helpful in explaining shoe care techniques and products. Ended up getting shoe trees, a shoe horn, walnut polish, conditioner, a brush, a cloth, and dressing. Total came out to ~$310 after tax (salesguy discounted everything for me, which was a great gesture). Happy to say I'm quite satisfied with my purchase/experience and looking forward to a lifetime of use with these shoes!
They are a great group in the Reston, VA store. I went Saturday to get shoe care supplies, they were quite busy.
C&J Lowndes. I also like how the straps are closer together compared to how the straps on the Neumora flare out. It looks nice on some (e.g., AS Ramsey) but it is just too much for me.
For the quality and the price point,the Neumora fits a nice niche though.
i was wondering the same thing. i see some people post how they got AEs for ~$150 usd or so... I want to ge my first pair of AEs, but are they worth $335/pair? Can someone people let me know where I can find some of these sales? Is is their website or certain stores? Thanks in advance
Yesterday I went to the outlet store that is part of the AE factory in Port Washington, WI. There were lots of good bargains. Lots of shoes marked down in price as seconds, but with very little wrong with them. I posted a picture of a pair of cordovan Macneils that I picked up, they list for $575.00 and had a posted price of $399.00 on the box as seconds, but they sold them to me for $299.00. The only thing that I could really see wrong with them was sort of a pinch mark on the vamp that didn't even go half way across the top of the shoe--it wasn't like the wrinkles or creases that develop after wearing, pretty minor. They weren't laced up and had no wear marks on the soles. I suppose when someone pays $575.00 for a new pair of shoes they don't want to see any imperfection when they pull them out of the box, hence, the availability of fine looking seconds.
The Daltons I picked up had a list price of $375.00 and a second price listed as $299.00, but there was a gold sticker on the box along with a price tag of $179.00. I was told that the special price was because the boots were made as a special order for someone who ended up returning them. The only thing I could see wrong with this pair was a small amount of puckering of the leather on the toe of the left-hand shoe where the leather is fastened down to the sole. It looks like something that might even smooth out over time, even if it doesn't--no big deal.
Now that I've been to the store and have seen the quality of the seconds with my own eyes, I think from now on I'll call down there and ask about availability of style, size, and color of shoes I'm interested in. I think they will ship out seconds from out of the outlet store.
Also, the outlet store had quite a good selection. I would call them up if I were you. But it is nice to try them on in person. I have pairs in a variety of styles that range in size from 11.5E, 11.5EEE, 12D, 12E, to 12EEE and they all fit well enough with a little thought put into sock selection.
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 5 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 6 minutes ago
- › John Lobb Appreciation Thread 12 minutes ago
- › The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread 15 minutes ago
- › Rogue Territory: Handmade Denim Goods 17 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 19 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 23 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 33 minutes ago
- › NIKE Thread 40 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › The Huckberry x Styleforum Holiday Gift Guide
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Toronto
- › Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
- › Gifts for the Stylish Man
- › The Best of The Proper Kit in N.Y.C.
- › On the Road: Shop the Styleforum x No Man...
- › On the Road: Styleforum x No Man Walks Alone
- › An Interview with G. Bruce Boyer
- › The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories