If you decide to unload them, please let me know.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 1/2/17 at 4:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Yesterday at 9:53 pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 3190post #47836 of 707378/13/14 at 12:44pmpost #47837 of 707378/13/14 at 12:53pmpost #47838 of 707378/13/14 at 1:00pmpost #47839 of 707378/13/14 at 1:13pmpost #47840 of 707378/13/14 at 1:37pmQuote:Originally Posted by Burzan
Now for the real reason I wanted to wear my Truffle McAllisters today...
I was expecting a shipment of Ravello LWB and suspected the color was going to be very close. I know a lot of people mentioned AE walnut shell being close to Ravello but it's got nothing on this. It's now going to be very hard to justify keeping both, and the blucher works much better for my wardrobe.Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
+1 for Alden. Much more versatile for me as well.post #47841 of 707378/13/14 at 1:47pmpost #47842 of 707378/13/14 at 2:15pmQuote:Originally Posted by Burzan
Just thought I would share some pics of my shoes today along with a comparison of Truffle (McAllister) vs. Cappuccino (Bayfield) shell. I'm pretty sure I read here that they are the same color and AE named lighter versions Truffle to combat the color variation. I wonder if that variation, like Walnut shell, has scared AE from bringing it back as well.Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Quote:Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Originally Posted by Burzan
Now for the real reason I wanted to wear my Truffle McAllisters today...
I was expecting a shipment of Ravello LWB and suspected the color was going to be very close. I know a lot of people mentioned AE walnut shell being close to Ravello but it's got nothing on this. It's now going to be very hard to justify keeping both, and the blucher works much better for my wardrobe.
I'd keep both and agree with others when they say that they are 2 totally different shoes. However I don't think I have worn my cappuccino shell McAllisters even 3 times since I've had them, but I have a lot of other similar shoes that truly are redundant.
ReppTiePrepster posted pictures of Ravello and the various shades that it can come in a page or so back. Cappuccino is the same way as are most all the brown shell colors. It has been exactly 2 years since AE sent me this:
At the time Cappuccino was the only color that I had seen so I called them and said I wanted a pair of Dundees made in Cappuccino also. She explained that the 2 are the same #1579. Brown is a fairly new shell color for AE. It was first introduced 4 years ago with the Strand. On AAAC back in 2010 Nick Horween called the color Dark Cognac. IMO there is nothing wrong with what AE calls Brown shell either. Here from the AE factory sample Dark Brown #1095 is also called Brown shell. They do tend to make it confusing.Quote:
You did outstanding, congrats on a well done one of a kind!! I agree AE would have sold a lot more of those....post #47843 of 707378/13/14 at 2:22pm
Speaking of all these shell colors, is AE's dark brown and Alden Cigar much different at this point? I heard at one point Cigar had more olive-like undertones, but from the photos I see these days they almost look the same (just with Alden's finishing) or maybe a touch lighter.post #47844 of 707378/13/14 at 2:59pmQuote:
Is it just me, or has anyone else just now realized that Rydanfan is Tifosi's evil-alter ego and @mdubs is their therapist!post #47845 of 707378/13/14 at 3:20pmQuote:Crap. Looks like we have to find another forum...again.Originally Posted by ReppTiePrepster
Is it just me, or has anyone else just now realized that Rydanfan is Tifosi's evil-alter ego and @mdubs is their therapist!post #47846 of 707378/13/14 at 4:39pmQuote:
Great make up pepper! I was also in discussion with Allison to MTO this but didn't push through as I wasn't too sure about the pinking. Seeing your MTO now makes me an idiot for not pulling the trigger. I love those.post #47847 of 707378/13/14 at 4:54pmQuote:
Yeah ideally an austerity shouldn't have pinking, though I have seen many that do. However, the pinking on this shoe is rounded, not serrated so it's subtler.
Anyway, I love it, and am glad y'all do too!post #47848 of 707378/13/14 at 5:51pmWas able to see the upcoming shoe list. Lots of different loafers, including a split toe loafer on the 8 last. Interesting that they chose to release so many loafers in Fall/Winter. They also have a lot of boots coming, some 7 eyelet, and 5 eyelet open-laced boots coming. Even a 2 eyelet chukka on something called the 809 last. A 2 eyelet plain toe derby on the 97 last is also new (same last as the Macneil), and some interesting park avenue combinations with suede quarters & one with a cross cut quarters (like the new belt Cut Bank).
I also took a pic of the new Bob Chili / Dark Chili color, in comparison to the dark brown and walnut:
That Carlyle is one good looking shoe, and the depth of color in the dark chili is really something. I might actually have to pic that up it looked so good.
Lastly, a live pic of the new shoe Paul posted, the Strandmok:
AE has to start taking better pics for their website (come on Paul), cause i could barely tell that this shoe featured AE's new bleaching effect. Not my thing, but the website is not doing this shoe justice...post #47849 of 707378/13/14 at 7:43pmQuote:
All the other stuff sounds cool, but why would AE replace the Kenilworth with the same shoe on a chunkier last? Two eyelet derbies are supposed to be sleek my opinion and the 97 last doesn't make sense to me. I guess I'll have to see it in person, but the 108 last or 2 last would have made more sense.post #47850 of 707378/13/14 at 7:45pmQuote:Originally Posted by NWTeal
All the other stuff sounds cool, but why would AE replace the Kenilworth with the same shoe on a chunkier last? Two eyelet derbies are supposed to be sleek my opinion and the 97 last doesn't make sense to me. I guess I'll have to see it in person, but the 108 last or 2 last would have made more sense.
Amen, 108 last 2 eyelet derby would have been amazing...
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › Suitsupply NYC 58 seconds ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 1 minute ago
- › RRL Double RL Large Gray Shawl Collar 100% Pure Cashmere Cardigan... 2 minutes ago
- › RRL Double RL Large Gray Shawl Collar 100% Pure Cashmere Cardigan... 3 minutes ago
- › Enzo Bonafe Handmade Shoes. 4 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 4 minutes ago
- › GIIN - Official Affiliate Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 5 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 6 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos,... 7 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...