Alden makes better shoes, but AE has Four Seasons-like service.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 3/18/17 at 7:27pm in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Yesterday at 12:33 pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 3185post #47761 of 707378/11/14 at 2:16pmpost #47762 of 707378/11/14 at 4:45pmpost #47763 of 707378/11/14 at 4:59pmpost #47764 of 707378/11/14 at 5:46pmpost #47765 of 707378/11/14 at 5:52pmQuote:I have a fair share of shoes that didn't fit well, I usually start with tongue pad, if I feel like the foot needs to be push back so the ball hits the wildest part of the shoe. If the foot is too far back, then comes the heel pad. If the shoe has too much volume, then will need to play with inserts. I only have to use the thin white inserts that I get from a SA from Nordstrom. I think AE has a thin green insert on the website for about $40 but I have yet to try.
At the end of the day, it's so much better just to get re measured and get something that fits.post #47766 of 707378/12/14 at 2:33ampost #47767 of 707378/12/14 at 4:04ampost #47768 of 707378/12/14 at 7:00amQuote:
I have been waiting to get a Dalton in Burg Cord...but decided to hold off do to the new releases coming out eventually and I grabbed a very burgundy shell pair of Alden for J Crew Captoe lightly used. Also wanted to see what a slightly broken in Barrie last felt like...hoping it fits...if not it will be on the trading block...as I have my eyes on an Alden Burg cord Norwegian toe boot too... and then of course there is that Vass boot which I may not be able to get as they max out at UK 45 for size and may not fit my 12-13 D/E foot.
If that happens then I still may MTO the Dalton version I was planning before the MTO program went away. Started eyeing up more shoes to push out the door to make room....post #47769 of 707378/12/14 at 7:43ampost #47770 of 707378/12/14 at 8:00ampost #47771 of 707378/12/14 at 8:14ampost #47772 of 707378/12/14 at 8:17ampost #47773 of 707378/12/14 at 8:19ampost #47774 of 707378/12/14 at 8:21ampost #47775 of 707378/12/14 at 8:38am
so essentially for 5+ months out of the year(normal years) I am a shorts guy...while not high fashion clearly, simply the most comfortable pair of "dress" shorts if you will are the Haggar Cool 18 shorts with a special hidden little expandable waist feature. I probably have 13-15 different colors(great summer colors) - see link below- I wear them with summer colored t-shirts, tommy bahama shirts, RL polo's etc, some button downs.
I have been wearing my suede blue spiaggias, tan suede strandmoks, Addisons, Clark Street and shell Randolph's(button down shirts) with them this summer. Is adding the Neumok's Blue and Olive into the mix a bit much - I sort of feel the somewhat distressed leather and single soles lend them to be ok. Guess what I am saying is I look goofy enough in general are those shoes sending me over the line to idiot nation?
Those shoes just are not getting worn enough during the other months to warrant keeping if I don't mix them in the summer rotation.
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask... 27 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 53 seconds ago
- › NWT Justo Gimeno Teba Jacket Sale - 85 Units, 7 Styles, sizes 44-56 5 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 5 minutes ago
- › Introduce yourself. 7 minutes ago
- › UNDERCOVER JUN TAKAHASHI 8 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 14 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 17 minutes ago
- › The Home Ownership Thread 20 minutes ago
- › MoneyWellSpent's Southern Trad Thread 23 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...