or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 3170  

post #47536 of 70737

Thats 3 of us wearing Long Branch today.

 

Received shell Westchesters today.

 

 

A bit of a strong single creation the right shoe (on left in phone)

 

 

 

 

 

From the 2 for $299 seconds sale last week.  Wearing them now, they fit well.

Great looking shell westchesters, sir. Congrats.

post #47537 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post

OUCH!!
  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

I forget if you have a deer bone, Tif. 

You should have no problem getting that out. 

post #47538 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkotsko View Post

I forget if you have a deer bone, Tif. 
You should have no problem getting that out. 
I do indeed, sir. I'll work on it this weekend. I'll report back with my results.
post #47539 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post


I do indeed, sir. I'll work on it this weekend. I'll report back with my results.

Or drive up here, and Ill hook you up.

post #47540 of 70737

Deer bone is awesome.  I fixed a similar misstep by using a deerbone and brushing.

post #47541 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkotsko View Post

Or drive up here, and Ill hook you up.
Thanks for the safety net, pal.
post #47542 of 70737
I honestly think AE needs to come out with more styles. From since I was introduced to the brand a few years ago (I think 3) it's been virtually the same designs.

Don't shoot me pls smile.gif

Edit. My most comfortable shoes being the fifth avenue ( BB version) is the most hated at my workplace. My co-workers call it the "old man" shoes. This was when they compared it to my kenilworth which is more sleek and not as clunky looking as the fifth ave's IMO
post #47543 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by peppercorn78 View Post

I know, I only wish it weren't a bal, as I'm well stocked there and have limited use these days.

Should I get this? Or try to get on a list for some Alden ravello? I do know that the 5 last is a particularly great fit for my odd feet...

Ravello LWB. No question. Alden's best model.

Plus I am mad about the MTOs.
post #47544 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post

OUCH!!


Ouch indeed. I did that to the toe of my Walnut Shell Strands a long time back. With some buffing and brushing and buffing and brushing and buffing and brushing it should get down to a reasonable level. The depth makes it harder. My scuff was also semi obfuscated by the perforations.

But with some work and time, it will go down.

-Mike
post #47545 of 70737

Got my first two in from the closeout sale. 

 

First is a Brown Harrison. The color looks a little off in places. However couldn't find any out of place stitching or cuts.

 

 

 

The leather seems a bit distressed on the sides. However, this may be normal. It seems they were tried on by looking a the vamps.

 

 

Then there were these striations it appeared going down the side. However you have to look for them. I think some reno and polish will clear a lot of these issues up.

 

 

There is some bowing you can see but it may just be from the trip over.

 

 

 

Then I got some Snuff Suede RL Sandersons. The AE number 91034. I think. So thought they were 3 last but they don't have the toe. So maybe 4 last?

 

 

I think these are the issues with them. The rear piece is misaligned.

 

 

There may be an issue with how the uppers are attached to the insole. I can see some of the stitching past the welt. Guess time will tell. And parts of the sole were a bit wavy. 

 

I thought this was funny though. The Harrions says the 2nds should be 229 while they're "on sale" for 277. Then it says 1st quality Sandersons are 325. Which on the RL site they are in the 500 range.

 

 

All in all at $150 each. I think they're keepers. Planning on getting married in the Harrisons. 

 

Also have a Burgundy Shell Kenwood on the way as well. Crossing my fingers those will look as good. 

post #47546 of 70737

The price hike last week and MTO fee news today ... now I guess everyone is jumping over the Alden boat.

post #47547 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungSweet View Post

The price hike last week and MTO fee news today ... now I guess everyone is jumping over the Alden boat.

Nah they will be back. It's just talk for now, however AE really needs to come out with more sleeker shoes.

What would you say is one step up from AE shoes?
post #47548 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7_rocket View Post

What would you say is one step up from AE shoes?
Carmina, C&J? confused.gif
post #47549 of 70737
7, I personally think Alden is, but they definitely come with their quirks. C&J is probably a step up from Alden. And EG from there.
post #47550 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by csmitty View Post
 

Got my first two in from the closeout sale. 

 

First is a Brown Harrison. The color looks a little off in places. However couldn't find any out of place stitching or cuts.

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

The leather seems a bit distressed on the sides. However, this may be normal. It seems they were tried on by looking a the vamps.

 

 

Then there were these striations it appeared going down the side. However you have to look for them. I think some reno and polish will clear a lot of these issues up.

 

 

There is some bowing you can see but it may just be from the trip over.

 

 

 

Then I got some Snuff Suede RL Sandersons. The AE number 91034. I think. So thought they were 3 last but they don't have the toe. So maybe 4 last?

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

I think these are the issues with them. The rear piece is misaligned.

 

 

There may be an issue with how the uppers are attached to the insole. I can see some of the stitching past the welt. Guess time will tell. And parts of the sole were a bit wavy. 

 

I thought this was funny though. The Harrions says the 2nds should be 229 while they're "on sale" for 277. Then it says 1st quality Sandersons are 325. Which on the RL site they are in the 500 range.

 

 

All in all at $150 each. I think they're keepers. Planning on getting married in the Harrisons. 

 

Also have a Burgundy Shell Kenwood on the way as well. Crossing my fingers those will look as good. 

RL are on the 2 last. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...