or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 3169  

post #47521 of 70737
Cross posting from the MTO thread

I can issue a refund for the footwear and we can place the new order. Now with that being said, here comes the unfortunate news. If we go into refunding and placing a new order , custom fees are going to be charged from now on per our CEO and upper management team. The style forum offer has officially be terminated.

Please let me know what route you want to take.

Sincerely,
Allison Meyer
post #47522 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by peppercorn78 View Post


They seem to have a pipeline of shoes that AE refuses to sell as seconds. The "no warranty" stamp means exactly what it sounds like: AE will not honor warranty returns or repairs due to structural or manufacturing flaws, unlike seconds. With a pair of seconds, if the heel falls off prematurely or the stitching falls out or anything else that's not cosmetic, AE will honor their manufacturers warranty and fix it for you. Not so with "no warranty" shoes. To say that it's to prevent retail reselling is rather dishonest.

 

 

Yep, Hitch in Post is a questionable Ebay seller.

 

I bought some "brand new without box 1st quality" McAllisters from them a while back and they looked worse than most Shoebank seconds. 

post #47523 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by indigoroots View Post

 

 

Yep, Hitch in Post is a questionable Ebay seller.

 

I bought some "brand new without box 1st quality" McAllisters from them a while back and they looked worse than most Shoebank seconds. 

 



I actually don't think I've seen them list a 1st quality shoe before. If they did its def. full retail.
post #47524 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by watchidiot View Post

Cross posting from the MTO thread

I can issue a refund for the footwear and we can place the new order. Now with that being said, here comes the unfortunate news. If we go into refunding and placing a new order , custom fees are going to be charged from now on per our CEO and upper management team. The style forum offer has officially be terminated.

Please let me know what route you want to take.

Sincerely,
Allison Meyer

 

I'm disappointed, I was just figuring out the final details of my first MTO.

 

Upper Management Team, I'm assuming that would be the Brentwood boys at work.


Edited by evilWagon - 8/6/14 at 4:14pm
post #47525 of 70737
Anyone ever sent shoes in from Canada for recrafting? What was the shipping like to the US? Any duties charged on arrival of recrafted shoes?

And what's the SF offer that has now been terminated?
post #47526 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by watchidiot View Post

Cross posting from the MTO thread

I can issue a refund for the footwear and we can place the new order. Now with that being said, here comes the unfortunate news. If we go into refunding and placing a new order , custom fees are going to be charged from now on per our CEO and upper management team. The style forum offer has officially be terminated.

Please let me know what route you want to take.

Sincerely,
Allison Meyer

NOOO

post #47527 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by watchidiot View Post

Cross posting from the MTO thread

I can issue a refund for the footwear and we can place the new order. Now with that being said, here comes the unfortunate news. If we go into refunding and placing a new order , custom fees are going to be charged from now on per our CEO and upper management team. The style forum offer has officially be terminated.

Please let me know what route you want to take.

Sincerely,
Allison Meyer

This is pretty disappointing. This said though, I don't think that program brought much revenue to AE, especially given the number of hiccups they had based on the reviews in this thread. To be fair though, I feel that our expectations of the ready product were not on par with the AE price point. Not that I think the program was abused, but I do think some issues encountered by the fellow SF members (me including) were negligible and should/could have been tolerated rather than us insisting on AE to redo them from scratch.  

post #47528 of 70737
OUCH!!

post #47529 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post

OUCH!!

Some brushing and Reno/VSC and they would be better than new. 

post #47530 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincikid View Post

Some brushing and Reno/VSC and they would be better than new. 
It's got a little depth to it, but I'll see what happens. Haven't started working on it yet.
post #47531 of 70737

Hey all, I just got some AE Lexingtons and the right shoe seems to have a leather defect in it. The leather is really thing and it seems that it is making the leather buckle outwards a lot. Again, the other shoe does not have this issue:

 

 

 

I think I might return them. This would sadly be my second return of this model. The last model, also bought from their official store, had the sole stitching well outside of the indentation in the sole, resulting in the stitching coming loose on the sole within a day. Not impressed with QC on this model. 

post #47532 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by althanis View Post

Anyone ever sent shoes in from Canada for recrafting? What was the shipping like to the US? Any duties charged on arrival of recrafted shoes?

And what's the SF offer that has now been terminated?

Eh? What offer that was terminated?
post #47533 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7_rocket View Post

Eh? What offer that was terminated?

This offer:

http://www.styleforum.net/t/381983/the-allen-edmonds-mto-thread
post #47534 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by what987 View Post
 

Hey all, I just got some AE Lexingtons and the right shoe seems to have a leather defect in it. The leather is really thing and it seems that it is making the leather buckle outwards a lot. Again, the other shoe does not have this issue:

 

 

 

I think I might return them. This would sadly be my second return of this model. The last model, also bought from their official store, had the sole stitching well outside of the indentation in the sole, resulting in the stitching coming loose on the sole within a day. Not impressed with QC on this model. 


My Lexingtons have the same problem, though to a much lesser degree. In my case, it's not really noticeable when being worn. The bowing is in exactly the same place though.

post #47535 of 70737
I bought a pair of Lexington in the anniversary sale which also bow similarly, though not quite as extreme when the shoe is off my foot as in the bottom picture.

One of the heels also seems to be coming "loose" with a slight crack. I bought a pair of bourbon Macallisters at the same sale which are rock solid, so I wonder if the Lexington does have a QC problem? What's strange is the lexingtons feel slightly bigger with more bowing even though they're the same last. These were my first pair of AEs and I didn't scrutinize each pair very thoroughly in the store as I wasn't really sure what to check for.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...