Thank you all for your help. I went to a cobller, who put some scar filler in and scleaned it up. You can still seen a line there, but it's good enough and it will have to do, given the investment I made in the shoes.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 1/2/17 at 4:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Today at 3:14 pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 3159post #47372 of 707378/4/14 at 3:47ampost #47373 of 707378/4/14 at 3:54ampost #47374 of 707378/4/14 at 4:35ampost #47375 of 707378/4/14 at 5:45ampost #47376 of 707378/4/14 at 6:16ampost #47377 of 707378/4/14 at 6:23amQuote:
I picked up the MacNeil a couple of weeks ago on here from a fellow member on here. It is a blue lining and he did a fantastic job on the makeup, but AE messed his MTO and they had a natural welt and dark edge trimming on the soles. I sanded down the sole edges and applied 4 coats of natural AE edge dressing I'm very pleased with the outcome. When I read that AE was running out of cappuccino my first thought was to order another pair. But I had 3 in walnut and 3 in cappuccino so decided to let others have a shot at what was left. I feel very lucky getting the MacNeil and they are better than what I could have come up with. Hopefully when shell becomes more widely available AE will carry the cappuccino\truffle again. Walnut I'm thinking might not happen as customers were not happy with the color variations. But that is the nature of light colored shell, would love to see walnut come back too.
JezeC I did wait until I drank my first pot of coffee this morning to post the picturepost #47378 of 707378/4/14 at 6:26amQuote:Originally Posted by Buddy0329
The AE conundrum seems to be that if you want a blucher you're forced either into an orthotic shoe with a rubber sole, a wingtip Macneil or PTB, or loafer.
Already have Patriots in burgundy calf and brown shell, not interested in Leeds or Macneil. The only plain toe I would entertain is the Dundee; just not sure if that is too fashion forward for business use.
Really I should be looking at a captoe blucher like the Clifton; which is a Nordstrom exclusive, decent shoes as I've had 3 of them over the years, was just hoping on changing things up.
I like the Clifton too and have it in walnut, it was actually the first AE I purchased. I've often thought it would be great in dark brown cordovan... Is this something AE would do as a mto?post #47379 of 707378/4/14 at 7:43ampost #47380 of 707378/4/14 at 7:44ampost #47381 of 707378/4/14 at 7:44ampost #47382 of 707378/4/14 at 8:04ampost #47383 of 707378/4/14 at 8:19ampost #47384 of 707378/4/14 at 8:27ampost #47385 of 707378/4/14 at 9:52am
Thank you for the kind words gentlemen, I hope we all get to see cappuccino once again become available.
@watchidiot just realized I think you are in the Philippines? I've spent more than my fair share of time in Subic Bay and running to Clark AFB and Manila. Hope you had pleasant dreams, tonight I will likely be dreaming of the sights, sounds and smells of PI from a Jeepney. Thank you for the memories.
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › Jacket from Drive 13 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 5 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 8 minutes ago
- › Why Hillary will be the next POTUS 10 minutes ago
- › Polo Ralph Lauren Double breasted 6x2 double breasted suit in 50R EU 14 minutes ago
- › Size 15 1/2 red checkered Fray barrel cuff 15 minutes ago
- › Navy Hickey Freeman Horsey Jacket 17 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 19 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 20 minutes ago
- › Any One for a Scotch? 22 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...