or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 3157  

post #47341 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by rc121 View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post

No problem. Always here to spend your money.
I think you just want him to buy more shoes so you can see more sexy bare leg pics

 

I just threw up a little in my mouth.  And then I thought of this:

 

 

post #47342 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by rc121 View Post

I think you just want him to buy more shoes so you can see more sexy bare leg pics
Yeeeaaaa...that's definitely not it.
post #47343 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post


Yeeeaaaa...that's definitely not it.

 

LOL...embrace the leg view!

post #47344 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfnhalfnhalf View Post
 

 

I just threw up a little in my mouth.  And then I thought of this:

 

 


hahahah.....that is great

post #47345 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkside View Post

I have dark brown PA and Carlyle. The Carlyle the sexier shoe...by miles.

I have 5 last AEs, how does the PA fit compared to the Carlyle?
post #47346 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by peppercorn78 View Post

For sure. Always best to buy what you really want, rather than settling for something else just to get a good deal.

Agreed, but I'm not married to either one. I have three Strands, I'm just not sure how the Carlyle would fit in comparison. I need to get around to going to the local store. I suppose it will come down to the fit.
post #47347 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olifter View Post

Agreed, but I'm not married to either one. I have three Strands, I'm just not sure how the Carlyle would fit in comparison. I need to get around to going to the local store. I suppose it will come down to the fit.

I don't own any 8 last shoes, but most say the fit is comparable to the 5 last. Can always return if it doesn't fit well, right?
post #47348 of 70737
Moving into the fiancées place till we decide where to end up. Got the gang all packed and ready to go. Minus some sandlots and cousins coming from the sale.

u2u3e7ap.jpg
post #47349 of 70737
Looking for suggestions for my next pick up for the RDA sale;

Scored another pair from the 2/299 sale.

So far;

Bayfields brown cxl
Leeds burg shell
Delrays black vtap sole
Lasalle Chili
Kenilwoth bourbon
Strand walnut vtap (need to return for replacement)
Fifth Ave black

En route
Fifth street drk brown
Harrison brown

Looking for a good swb, they were out of the jefferson in my size when they had them on sale.

Also looking for a more casual shoe for jeans.

I just missed the shell wentworths which while disappointing I didn't have those on my radar until the sale.

My work is mostly business casual though I tend to dress more professional than my colleagues, regular meetings with clients etc, mixed with meetings on construction sites (steel toes) infrequent suit worthy events but becoming more common, pitches, evening formal occasions and industry events.
post #47350 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilWagon View Post

Looking for suggestions for my next pick up for the RDA sale;

Scored another pair from the 2/299 sale.

So far;

Bayfields brown cxl
Leeds burg shell
Delrays black vtap sole
Lasalle Chili
Kenilwoth bourbon
Strand walnut vtap (need to return for replacement)
Fifth Ave black

En route
Fifth street drk brown
Harrison brown

Looking for a good swb, they were out of the jefferson in my size when they had them on sale.

Also looking for a more casual shoe for jeans.

I just missed the shell wentworths which while disappointing I didn't have those on my radar until the sale.

My work is mostly business casual though I tend to dress more professional than my colleagues, regular meetings with clients etc, mixed with meetings on construction sites (steel toes) infrequent suit worthy events but becoming more common, pitches, evening formal occasions and industry events.

If you're not in suits all that much, you might be all set for balmorals. Having said that, today is the last day to get McAllisters on sale through Nordstroms. Id go for merlot
post #47351 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilWagon View Post

Looking for suggestions for my next pick up for the RDA sale;

Scored another pair from the 2/299 sale.

So far;

Bayfields brown cxl
Leeds burg shell

Delrays black vtap sole
Lasalle Chili
Kenilwoth bourbon
Strand walnut vtap (need to return for replacement)
Fifth Ave black

En route
Fifth street drk brown
Harrison brown

Looking for a good swb, they were out of the jefferson in my size when they had them on sale.

Also looking for a more casual shoe for jeans.

I just missed the shell wentworths which while disappointing I didn't have those on my radar until the sale.

My work is mostly business casual though I tend to dress more professional than my colleagues, regular meetings with clients etc, mixed with meetings on construction sites (steel toes) infrequent suit worthy events but becoming more common, pitches, evening formal occasions and industry events.

 

Were the bolded items previous purchases?  They won't make and I want Bayfields.  Did not see them during this sale and was not watching any previous shoebank sale.

 

Maybe consider a pair of Bentons/Ashtons.  Whether or not you need a softer step, the combination of softer sole/heel + orthotic insole makes longer days on your feet more comfortable.  

post #47352 of 70737

Quick question on the seconds sale that ends today.

 

Technically, does the sale take an individual shoe and bring the price down to ~$150 (assuming you buy two pairs)?  I'm making this distinction, because i'm wondering what happens if you order two pairs of shoes, and one of them is already listed at less than $150.

 

For instance, let's say I wanted a pair of $99 seconds and a pair of $199 seconds.  Technically, that should be $298.  Would they still charge $299?  That's not much of a sale.

 

Similarly, what if I wanted a pair of $129 shoes and a pair of $199 shoes?  Would they still "only" knock it down to $299 total?  Or would they just keep the $129 as is, and knock $50 off the second pair, making the total ~$279?

post #47353 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackInTheJox View Post
 

Quick question on the seconds sale that ends today.

 

Technically, does the sale take an individual shoe and bring the price down to ~$150 (assuming you buy two pairs)?  I'm making this distinction, because i'm wondering what happens if you order two pairs of shoes, and one of them is already listed at less than $150.

 

For instance, let's say I wanted a pair of $99 seconds and a pair of $199 seconds.  Technically, that should be $298.  Would they still charge $299?  That's not much of a sale.

 

Similarly, what if I wanted a pair of $129 shoes and a pair of $199 shoes?  Would they still "only" knock it down to $299 total?  Or would they just keep the $129 as is, and knock $50 off the second pair, making the total ~$279?

 

The current sale on closeout style seconds will skim higher end products only.  2 pairs of $129 shoes are no bargain for $299.

 

My hope is that before the big/annual sale, there are 2 types of sales they might run:

1 -the current style seconds should go on a similar sale to clear some higher end products just like the current sale on closeout style seconds.

2 -a percentage discount to help them clear everything else, i.e. buy 1 get 2nd pair at 50% off or similar.

 

I only have a few mto items on my wish list, but would love a few existing items from current style seconds...if such a sale were to occur.  

 

For the sale ending today, file by size, then closeout styles and then by price, high to low.  The first 10-20 items are the main 'opportunities' in this sale.

post #47354 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackInTheJox View Post

Quick question on the seconds sale that ends today.

Technically, does the sale take an individual shoe and bring the price down to ~$150 (assuming you buy two pairs)?  I'm making this distinction, because i'm wondering what happens if you order two pairs of shoes, and one of them is already listed at less than $150.

For instance, let's say I wanted a pair of $99 seconds and a pair of $199 seconds.  Technically, that should be $298.  Would they still charge $299?  That's not much of a sale.

Similarly, what if I wanted a pair of $129 shoes and a pair of $199 shoes?  Would they still "only" knock it down to $299 total?  Or would they just keep the $129 as is, and knock $50 off the second pair, making the total ~$279?

Best thing to do is call one of the outlets and ask nicely. smile.gif
post #47355 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by peppercorn78 View Post


Best thing to do is call one of the outlets and ask nicely. smile.gif

 

Have you found price leeway this way?  I hear the same line over and over, that all AE sources price the same.  Of course, I have not tried being nice yet. :)

 

A 3rd item can be rolled in at the same / sale $150 price, which would help if you found an odd number of items.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...