or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 3154  

post #47296 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWTeal View Post
 

Just put a hold on a pair of brown rutledges and a pair of portland boots. I was supposed to save for a pair of Marlows wingtips...yikes!  

 

Not a lot of love for the Portlands on here, but I think it'l be an awesome boot for the upcoming fall. I may have to unload some items to make space now. 

 

I like the Portland also...but with Bourbon and black Daltons(and maybe walnut too) and Chili Shaker Heights I just do not have the fit for them color wise for what is available in my size. I would really like a Shell Burgundy Bayfield.

post #47297 of 70737

For fans of pictures of entire people wearing Allen-Edmonds shoes, here's a picture wearing tan suede Strandmoks on a day it was 85 in the shade, but cooler indoors........

post #47298 of 70737
Quick question regarding the burnished toes on the AE Kenilworth. I just got my pair of factory seconds and it seems the burnish went a little wrong, there are some lines of darker leather where they shouldn't be.

Does anyone have experience with this, can it be polished over? Can the burnish be somehow lightened? Or from the pictures, does it even look like a major issue? Thanks in advance.

*
*
*
*
Edited by ustudent - 8/1/14 at 12:07pm
post #47299 of 70737

Thanks for the tip on ShoeBank sale - just grabbed a pair of Walnut Kenilworths and Chili Naples.  First time I've dealt with Shoebank, but very easy transaction.  The lady in the Leeds, AL location said they are starting to run low on 9.5 to 10.5 sizes, so I'd definitely not wait until Sunday.  Great deal...

post #47300 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by ustudent View Post

Quick question regarding the burnished toes on the AE Kenilworth. I just got my pair of factory seconds and it seems the burnish went a little wrong, there are some lines of darker leather where they shouldn't be.



Does anyone have experience with this, can it be polished over? Can the burnish be somehow lightened? Or from the pictures, does it even look like a major issue? Thanks in advance.



*

 



Was it threatening to jump when you told it of its disfigurement? Talked it off the ledge? Or a sacrifice to the shoe gods. However I'm pretty sure that could be corrected though. Could strip the burnishing they try your hand at reapplying. Or just leaving the standard color.
post #47301 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by claughman View Post

Thanks for the tip on ShoeBank sale - just grabbed a pair of Walnut Kenilworths and Chili Naples.  First time I've dealt with Shoebank, but very easy transaction.  The lady in the Leeds, AL location said they are starting to run low on 9.5 to 10.5 sizes, so I'd definitely not wait until Sunday.  Great deal...

 



Theres a lady there? Interesting....
post #47302 of 70737
Unfortunately that wasn't the case - just better lighting near the stairs lol. How exactly can the burnishing be stripped? Thanks.
post #47303 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roycru View Post
 

For fans of pictures of entire people wearing Allen-Edmonds shoes, here's a picture wearing tan suede Strandmoks on a day it was 85 in the shade, but cooler indoors........

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

Beautiful summer ensemble, and the perfect shoe for it.  Thanks for sharing.

post #47304 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by ustudent View Post

Unfortunately that wasn't the case - just better lighting near the stairs lol. How exactly can the burnishing be stripped? Thanks.

 

Should be able to strip some burnishing of with some Reno, then even things back out with the walnut polish.

post #47305 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roycru View Post
 

For fans of pictures of entire people wearing Allen-Edmonds shoes, here's a picture wearing tan suede Strandmoks on a day it was 85 in the shade, but cooler indoors........

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

Very nice...Since I wear mine sockless with shorts it is great to see them all dressed up.

post #47306 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahuna75 View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWTeal View Post
 

Just put a hold on a pair of brown rutledges and a pair of portland boots. I was supposed to save for a pair of Marlows wingtips...yikes!  

 

Not a lot of love for the Portlands on here, but I think it'l be an awesome boot for the upcoming fall. I may have to unload some items to make space now. 

 

I like the Portland also...but with Bourbon and black Daltons(and maybe walnut too) and Chili Shaker Heights I just do not have the fit for them color wise for what is available in my size. I would really like a Shell Burgundy Bayfield.

 

For a while, I toyed with the idea of getting an MTO Portland as a (sort of) poor man's Alden NST boot.  If they decide to bring it back, I might have to follow through on that.

post #47307 of 70737
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ustudent View Post

Quick question regarding the burnished toes on the AE Kenilworth. I just got my pair of factory seconds and it seems the burnish went a little wrong, there are some lines of darker leather where they shouldn't be.

Does anyone have experience with this, can it be polished over? Can the burnish be somehow lightened? Or from the pictures, does it even look like a major issue? Thanks in advance.

*
*
*
*

 

I had the same issue with a pair of bourbon kenilworths. I spoke with Allison, who provided me with a shipping label to take a look at them. She then offered to refinish the shoes, free of charge. 

post #47308 of 70737

Brooks Brothers has these on sale for $208 Allen Edmonds Contrast Stitch Wingtips

 

post #47309 of 70737

First time poster. I bought Brooks Brothers (by AE) Fifth Avenues about seven months ago and they're subject to daily wear during the workweek. A little while ago I noticed a hole had appeared on the inside of one of the shoes. I got refitted using a brannock device at an AE retailer (but not an AE store, I live in Canada) and they said that I'm using the proper size (12 D). The other shoe seems to fit fine so it's gotta be a difference between my two feet. One more thing - I never wear dress socks with them - would this be a significant contributing factor? Id like to pick up a pair of Strands and possibly Mcallisters to reduce my reliance on the same pair of shoes everyday but don't want to shell out big money (for me) if they won't fit (I think they all share the same last). If I pick up Strands/Mcallisters they'd be AE (i.e. not Brooks Brothers) models so I'm not sure if this would help or hinder my fit since AE branded shoes don't have the Poron insole.

 

Any help would be appreciated.

 

 

 

post #47310 of 70737
^ Looks pretty normal to me. If you're wearing the same shoes every day at work for 7 months they'll show signs of wear. You should consider purchasing more pairs of shoes, and alternate them during the week to help reduce excessive wear.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...