or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 3152  

post #47266 of 70737

I know it has been mentioned many times before, but Kristle at the JVille outlet is absolutely amazing to deal with, I would highly recommend for anyone to give her your business if youre looking to purchase seconds (or firsts.) I have had quite bad lucks with customer service at AE multiple times, but since I have started dealing with Kristle things have started to get highly dangerous for my wallet.

post #47267 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincikid View Post
 

Call them. Their site has issues. They had no problem applying 40% over the phone. 

on the phone now with them...thanks

post #47268 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahuna75 View Post
 

on the phone now with them...thanks

Fwiw, I talked to the rep named Denise. She made the whole process very smooth. 

post #47269 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincikid View Post

Pepper, how about Rancourt chukka on sale at Club Monaco with an additional 40% off?
http://www.clubmonaco.com/product/index.jsp?productId=13334288
Tan suede is actually less than Mojave seconds ($137+tax) 

I wish. Rancourt doesn't make chukkas in extra wide. Loafers yes. Chukkas no.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmtttt View Post

I know it has been mentioned many times before, but Kristle at the JVille outlet is absolutely amazing to deal with, I would highly recommend for anyone to give her your business if youre looking to purchase seconds (or firsts.) I have had quite bad lucks with customer service at AE multiple times, but since I have started dealing with Kristle things have started to get highly dangerous for my wallet.

Me too. She would let me know as soon as choice pairs would come through in my size.

Sadly, she's moving on to greener pastures. I believe Jill is taking over as manager.
post #47270 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by peppercorn78 View Post


I wish. Rancourt doesn't make chukkas in extra wide. Loafers yes. Chukkas no.
Me too. She would let me know as soon as choice pairs would come through in my size.

Sadly, she's moving on to greener pastures. I believe Jill is taking over as manager.

WHAT??  Kristle is leaving?

post #47271 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by polojock615 View Post

WHAT??  Kristle is leaving?

Sadly. But Jill has helped me a few times and shes excellent also.
post #47272 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by csmitty View Post

 

Thanks for the insight. Whats the rational behind no pinking though? I can see it adding a bit of flair though. With the Jeffs, obviously there is a lot of it. But the Strands it might be not as loud.

 

 

Very true. If I didn't love both I'd probably agree with you. I'll hold out for 2nds though in the Strands. Either way the PAs will probably be the winners. Just a more streamlined look if you will give then occasion.

 

 

Mine will be lake side. So not as casual as a beach perhaps. Grey would work better with the walnuts in my eye. The darker charcoal might be to dark for them. I'm on the waiting list for a pair from the shoe bank. So someone needs to order a pair so the factory can mess them up smile.gif

 

 

 

Also I had this thought as well, and checked for availability and there is a pair. What about brown Harrison's from the Indy line?? Gets me the indy treatments like if MTO'd a pair, however non shell. They are on closeout so I might be able to get a sweet deal from my SA. I'm sure this is a slightly stupid question, but give then street price from the shoe bank for Harrisons at $277, then theoretically if I could get the brown shell PAs for $299. Which to choose?

 



So. Revisiting this real quick and thinking of different MTO options. Whats the opinion on a brown shell Mora 2.0 for a wedding shoe?

I will order some brown Harrisons today which will would be the default shoe. Just thinking a double monk might spice it up a bit. I'm a fairly tall/lean guy and the 108 seems to be a sleek last. Then having the versatility for a biz casual shoe that can still be dressed up.
post #47273 of 70737

The work continued on the gunk removal of the Leeds and decided they need to get a little Saphire Cordovan polish/creme neutral...I still do not know if these are two different products or one that people refer to but anyway I used the Saphire Cordovan polish I think....reason being is I wanted to get a little treatment back into them after all the stripping done to them with renomat and renovateur. The original plan was to try to bring out some more burgundy color and have them not look so brown then give them a shot of the Angelus Acrylic finisher.

 

Anyhow I made the wonderful rookie mistake of applying too much Saphire Cordovan cream and then brushed....results were very nice but now I need to remove some of the cream that I can see just laying on top.

 

Here is a quick pic...not a good as I wanted to try out the Galaxy S5 camera in lower light...great camera/phone in sunlight but in lower light on the weak side. Once I strip off some excess cream will re-shoot with the dsl

 

post #47274 of 70737

Saw the Mcallister offered in Chili and Brown on the site...funny I thought they always were.

post #47275 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by csmitty View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by csmitty View Post

 

Thanks for the insight. Whats the rational behind no pinking though? I can see it adding a bit of flair though. With the Jeffs, obviously there is a lot of it. But the Strands it might be not as loud.

 

 

Very true. If I didn't love both I'd probably agree with you. I'll hold out for 2nds though in the Strands. Either way the PAs will probably be the winners. Just a more streamlined look if you will give then occasion.

 

 

Mine will be lake side. So not as casual as a beach perhaps. Grey would work better with the walnuts in my eye. The darker charcoal might be to dark for them. I'm on the waiting list for a pair from the shoe bank. So someone needs to order a pair so the factory can mess them up smile.gif

 

 

 

Also I had this thought as well, and checked for availability and there is a pair. What about brown Harrison's from the Indy line?? Gets me the indy treatments like if MTO'd a pair, however non shell. They are on closeout so I might be able to get a sweet deal from my SA. I'm sure this is a slightly stupid question, but give then street price from the shoe bank for Harrisons at $277, then theoretically if I could get the brown shell PAs for $299. Which to choose?

 



So. Revisiting this real quick and thinking of different MTO options. Whats the opinion on a brown shell Mora 2.0 for a wedding shoe?

I will order some brown Harrisons today which will would be the default shoe. Just thinking a double monk might spice it up a bit. I'm a fairly tall/lean guy and the 108 seems to be a sleek last. Then having the versatility for a biz casual shoe that can still be dressed up.

What colors/fabrics did you settle on for the rest of your ensemble?

Personally, id go for the Harrisons as long as the pair you get isn't too eff-ed up. It's a hell of a shoe, and will likely never go out of fashion.
post #47276 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by peppercorn78 View Post



What colors/fabrics did you settle on for the rest of your ensemble?



Personally, id go for the Harrisons as long as the pair you get isn't too eff-ed up. It's a hell of a shoe, and will likely never go out of fashion.

 



The more I think about the more I go with the Harrisons as well. Just if I was going to do an MTO need to get it in soon. I called about the Harrisons and can't remember what specifically was noticed but it was very small and that a picture probably wouldn't even show it. So will just have to see when it gets here. Thanks for the help!
post #47277 of 70737

It's been a while since I've posted here. My last post was regarding briefcases, and I decided to eliminate Allen Edmonds from choices. I ended up purchasing a very nice briefcase from Frank Clegg, The Captain's Briefcase.

 

However, the reason I'm posting here is because several days ago I decided I'd also like a black briefcase for occasions, and also a smaller briefcase than that of Frank Clegg. That being said, I went ahead and purchased the Park Avenue Briefcase from AE. 

 

The bag itself is well constructed; it has minor stitching flaws, but nothing that concerns me at all. It's smaller than I thought, and it can't fit my preferred laptop, but easily fits my secondary one. My first impressions are that it's a solid product from AE, and definitely is worth the price (I paid $545 vs the original $645 due to one of the many benefits of knowing your SA). That being said, it doesn't compare to the Frank Clegg I got for $990, or any other bags in the price range of ~$1000 and up.


I will post pictures and give a more detailed review/description sometime within the next couple of days. 

post #47278 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by csmitty View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by peppercorn78 View Post



What colors/fabrics did you settle on for the rest of your ensemble?



Personally, id go for the Harrisons as long as the pair you get isn't too eff-ed up. It's a hell of a shoe, and will likely never go out of fashion.

 



The more I think about the more I go with the Harrisons as well. Just if I was going to do an MTO need to get it in soon. I called about the Harrisons and can't remember what specifically was noticed but it was very small and that a picture probably wouldn't even show it. So will just have to see when it gets here. Thanks for the help!

 

I ordered a pair of Harrisons today in brown, paired with a black pair of Fifth Street boots (seconds sale, 2 pairs for $300)

and

I ordered a pair of Burgundy Cordovan Westchester loafers + a brown pair of Fifth Street boots (seconds sale, 2 pairs for $300).

 

I am sending the Harrisons and 1 pair of fifth Streets in for sole savers, $40 each @ AE, with no added shipping costs.

 

Seconds sale ends Sunday-

finding 2 pairs usually will mean multiple AE outlet stores involved,

so don't wait until Sunday night!

post #47279 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by jzrhwinnj View Post
 

 

I ordered a pair of Harrisons today in brown, paired with a black pair of Fifth Street boots (seconds sale, 2 pairs for $300)

and

I ordered a pair of Burgundy Cordovan Westchester loafers + a brown pair of Fifth Street boots (seconds sale, 2 pairs for $300).

 

I am sending the Harrisons and 1 pair of fifth Streets in for sole savers, $40 each @ AE, with no added shipping costs.

 

Seconds sale ends Sunday-

finding 2 pairs usually will mean multiple AE outlet stores involved,

so don't wait until Sunday night!

 

I'm curious what size you are, someone just scooped similar shoes in my size.

 

What are sole savers and how do you have them added?

post #47280 of 70737

I am size 15 D.  

 

The sole savers are essentially a rubber pad glued beneath the sole.  AE representative suggested them to me when ordering a Cordovan Dalton, because I like the added grip but did not want to alter the double Rendenbach soles.  She said this way, I can wear them for awhile, enjoy them, yet put no miles on the Rendenbachs.

 

With the exception of dancing, where leather sole is preferable, there are no other reasons for me to prefer leather soles...and I don't dance often.

 

I generally like wearing rubber soles anyway, and the sole savers have improved my experience with leather soled shoes.

 

AE does this for $40 a pair.  And they will recraft when needed, even after sole savers have been added. ( I saw that asked recently)

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...