I would struggle to afford both pairs now, but if its a good enough deal then maybe i will just suck it up.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on Yesterday at 7:47 pm in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Today at 4:42 am in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 3151post #47251 of 707377/31/14 at 4:28pmpost #47252 of 707377/31/14 at 4:38pmQuote:
That's an incredible deal, given they now (or would soon) retail at $395.post #47253 of 707377/31/14 at 5:13pmpost #47254 of 707377/31/14 at 5:15pmpost #47255 of 707377/31/14 at 5:20pmQuote:Originally Posted by BolognaFingers
RE: options for MTO, what kind of leathers can you choose? Anything they have available for other shoes? just what is in stock? or do they go out and find stuff?
So, let's say I wanted to recreate the 5 macneil on on the regular macneil last. Could I do that even if they don't currently stock anything with color 8 cxl?
Yes, you can make the MacNeil on the regular last no problem. This said, though, I don't think AE has any more burgundy CXL left. You can however choose any other leather they stock. I believe they have other types of leathers beyond what they are currently offering, such as navy or green suede, for instance.post #47256 of 707377/31/14 at 5:21pmWell they are "Firsts" but from Amazon.com, which some people on here have questioned their quality. A friend ordered some and took them to the AE store and they confirmed they were firsts though, so who knows.
Anyways, some sizes of strands are 230 and i had a previous 20% off coupon for signing up for emails or something, so it comes out to 190.post #47257 of 707377/31/14 at 6:42pmQuote:Originally Posted by peppercorn78
$250 for a DR made chukka? Yikes.
I wish they would reintroduce an unlined normal desert boot in the fall. For some reason I never saw the appeal of them until the Mojaves were all gone (and the Amok doesn't fit me well).
Clark's won't make them in wide, and neither will Rancourt. And I'm not dropping $500 on the Alden...
Pepper, how about Rancourt chukka on sale at Club Monaco with an additional 40% off?
Tan suede is actually less than Mojave seconds ($137+tax)post #47258 of 707377/31/14 at 6:49pmpost #47259 of 707377/31/14 at 6:50pmQuote:
There's more views on Rancourt's site: http://www.rancourtandcompany.com/blake-chukka-walnut-orion-suede.html
The sole is Lacta Helvea.
Edit: based on Rancourt's description, tan suede does actually appear olive: http://www.rancourtandcompany.com/blake-chukka-olive-mohave-suede.html.post #47260 of 707377/31/14 at 7:08pmpost #47261 of 707377/31/14 at 7:10pmpost #47262 of 707377/31/14 at 7:11pmpost #47263 of 707377/31/14 at 7:14pmpost #47264 of 707377/31/14 at 7:15pmpost #47265 of 707377/31/14 at 7:16pm
Was back reading a few days of posts...
AE has a new plain toe boot coming...
I've seen a picture, which had perforations on the side and back (My Cordovan mto will skip all perforations)
Did not see the sole, but think Long Branch's Vibram, with some light lugs.
Agree that the current boot choices are too limited.
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › Vintage Dress shoe appreciation, tips, maintenance and advice 2 minutes ago
- › Poor man's watch thread 2 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 2 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 6 minutes ago
- › NWT Luxury Megasale: KITON, HERMES, CHARVET, New Ties Added -... 6 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 11 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 14 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 20 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 22 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...