or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 3144  

post #47146 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy0329 View Post


There isn't a high boot in current production to MTO. I don't want a brown shell Dalton or Long Branch. Even the Bayfield isn't in production anymore. Either way I'm probably done with boots for this coming season.......unless hmmm...

 

I recently noticed the same thing. I had thought of doing a MTO of a boot, but was disappointed that with the disappearance of the 5th Street, Bayfield, and Promontory Point Boots, options are incredibly slim.

 

The Dalton is a high-boot and I suppose it might be possible to ask to make a whole-cut version of it lacking the wings and broguing... that is, one could conceivably MTO a Shaker Heights clone from a Dalton, minus the tweed.

 

The Cronmok style might make for interesting MTOs, but it's unstructured. That could make for interesting suede, but limits my interest for leathers.

 

The Dundee is already shell cordovan and all the interesting shell options (such as walnut) are off the table.

 

The Bellevue is available and has a few options for an MTO. Brass eyelets, removal of the broguing, and better sole (mini-lug at least, allowing one to replace the heel-lift).  Beyond that, it isn't a complicated shoe, there isn't much else to change except the leather.

 

There is no longer a viable, structured balmoral boot. There are no cap-toes. 

 

I only hope this means the fall introduction of a new line of boots...

post #47147 of 70737
Can you view the Brooks Brothers factory second styles and prices on the Shoe Bank website? I haven't been able to figure that out.
post #47148 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungSweet View Post

Does anyone know if the boca raton is fully lined, especially under the woven?

 

Sure is - great sure - one of my favorites

post #47149 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillardiv View Post

Can you view the Brooks Brothers factory second styles and prices on the Shoe Bank website? I haven't been able to figure that out.

No. The official reasoning was something along the lines of, BB doesn't appreciate it's $400 shoes being offered for sale online for $150...
post #47150 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by peppercorn78 View Post

No. The official reasoning was something along the lines of, BB doesn't appreciate it's $400 shoes being offered for sale online for $150...

Fair. Other than the big 3 (PA, Strand, and FA) which styles on BB's website does AE make? Any good way to check that out?
post #47151 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillardiv View Post


Fair. Other than the big 3 (PA, Strand, and FA) which styles on BB's website does AE make? Any good way to check that out?

Aberdeen, McTavish, Elgin, football-grain LHS (the name escapes me) and a few more, I believe

post #47152 of 70737

Unseasonably cool July weather means the burg shell daltons make an appearance!

 

b39AVt3.jpg

post #47153 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJTraveler View Post
 

Early Access to the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale started today.  They're selling a unique make-up of the Neumok.  Seems to be a rough collection type leather with a light brown welt.  The color is Acorn Hillfire.  Might be a preview of a new color leather coming to us in the Fall.

 

 

I ordered a pair of these through a local AE store (I prefer to purchase from them rather than from Nordstrom). They matched the price, of course. They are absolutely fantastic Neumoks. I love the color - much less outlandish than the other Neumok colors, but the contrast stitching makes it casual enough to wear with jeans. The leather is also not as distressed as on the other Neumoks - it's much smoother. I don't have any photos yet, but I will add some in the next day or two. Although the ones in your photo appear to be fairly uniform, the ones currently shown on Nordstrom's website have a very dark and burnished tip - mine look more like the ones in your photo - the medallion is not dark or burnished.

post #47154 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincikid View Post

Aberdeen, McTavish, Elgin, football-grain LHS (the name escapes me) and a few more, I believe

Persidio
post #47155 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillardiv View Post

Fair. Other than the big 3 (PA, Strand, and FA) which styles on BB's website does AE make? Any good way to check that out?

 

See my old post below. Note that I removed the BB Gatsby (which are Peal & Co.) below, but could no longer edit the original post. Keep in mind that some may've been added or removed since then:

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentyman View Post
 

For those that aren't familiar with all the Brooks Brothers (BB) and Ralph Lauren (RL) models, here are the ones I know of. I've linked to their respective websites if possible. Feel free to let me know of any additions or corrections and I can try to keep it up-to-date. Also, if you know which last a given RL model is on, let me know and I'll add it. I'm not positive about the links with question marks; please let me know if you can confirm.

 

Brooks Brothers (differences include Poron insole, combination outsole, and branding):

 

Ralph Lauren:


Edited by kentyman - 7/30/14 at 9:22am
post #47156 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by kentyman View Post

See my old post below. Note that I removed the BB Gatsby (which are Peal & Co.) below, but could no longer edit the original post. Keep in mind that some may've been added or removed since then:

That's great! Although I suspect the Tassel Loafers at BB are Aldens and not AE- price point is too high and the soul has that wheeling around it that Alden uses. I could be wrong though.
post #47157 of 70737
PSA - burgundy shell westchester is part of the 2 for 300 sale.
post #47158 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by polojock615 View Post

PSA - burgundy shell westchester is part of the 2 for 300 sale.

Guess I've gotta buy a pair.

Oops. None in my size.
Edited by peppercorn78 - 7/30/14 at 9:57am
post #47159 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillardiv View Post

That's great! Although I suspect the Tassel Loafers at BB are Aldens and not AE- price point is too high and the soul has that wheeling around it that Alden uses. I could be wrong though.

 

Good call. Updating below:

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentyman View Post
 

For those that aren't familiar with all the Brooks Brothers (BB) and Ralph Lauren (RL) models, here are the ones I know of. I've linked to their respective websites if possible. Feel free to let me know of any additions or corrections and I can try to keep it up-to-date. Also, if you know which last a given RL model is on, let me know and I'll add it. I'm not positive about the links with question marks; please let me know if you can confirm.

 

Brooks Brothers (differences include Poron insole, combination outsole, and branding):

 

Ralph Lauren:

post #47160 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJTraveler View Post
 

Early Access to the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale started today.  They're selling a unique make-up of the Neumok.  Seems to be a rough collection type leather with a light brown welt.  The color is Acorn Hillfire.  Might be a preview of a new color leather coming to us in the Fall.

 

 

 

 

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by JSO1 View Post
 

 

I ordered a pair of these through a local AE store (I prefer to purchase from them rather than from Nordstrom). They matched the price, of course. They are absolutely fantastic Neumoks. I love the color - much less outlandish than the other Neumok colors, but the contrast stitching makes it casual enough to wear with jeans. The leather is also not as distressed as on the other Neumoks - it's much smoother. I don't have any photos yet, but I will add some in the next day or two. Although the ones in your photo appear to be fairly uniform, the ones currently shown on Nordstrom's website have a very dark and burnished tip - mine look more like the ones in your photo - the medallion is not dark or burnished.

 

Good to know.  Thanks for the update!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...