or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 3143  

post #47131 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by unjung View Post

Has the 2 for $300 sale started? Does it apply to everything ex shell?

1. I heard it starts Thursday, but you could just call an outlet and ask

2. It's usually just closeout styles (discontinued models) and the Brooks Brothers versions of stuff
post #47132 of 70737

Just ordered an awesome shoe - a black sharkskin Patriot!  I'm excited...

post #47133 of 70737

Before I offer up a classified in the marketplace, I thought I'd give my fellow AE fans right of first refusal:

 

I bought Walnut Calf Dalton firsts in 8.5D and 9D to find the right size, but I think 8.5E might be a better fit for me. If anyone is interested in either size, send me a PM.

post #47134 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by polojock615 View Post

Just ordered an awesome shoe - a black sharkskin Patriot!  I'm excited...

You like-a de shark, eh?

Where did you find such a beast?
post #47135 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by peppercorn78 View Post


You like-a de shark, eh?

Where did you find such a beast?

Allison

post #47136 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridethecliche View Post
 

If you're going to buy boots to do all that stuff, why not just go for red wings...

 

I wore nothing but Red Wings for more than 30 years, the Vasque Sundowner. From the mid 70's until 10 years ago I wore them for everything everywhere and around the world, hunting, hiking, etc. Then the last pair I bought the soles delaminated in the first month. Found out later that Red Wing had moved production from Italy to China and ruined the best boot ever made IMO. It sent me in search of a replacement and I decided to start wearing different boots for various activities. The RW boot that most on here wear is no different than the 744 1K, bayfield, etc. 

 

 

They all handle light duty about the same, and I purchase footwear to wear. Small stream trout fishing isn't the same as busting brush with the dog for 8-12 miles a day looking for ruff grouse. The mainstream RW boot is a work boot with a composite or steel toe, not really made for hiking or load bearing use like packing an elk or carrying a pack. The RW Irish Setter line is the hunting line and they are the general run of the mill made in China boots. When I know I am going to need a medium to heavy duty boot I do wear boots designed for that purpose. But they are not RW boots. I do go to Red Wing often to shoot bald eagles and wear my RW Beckman's there though.

 

Shooting Eagles (Click to show)

Juvi and 5 others in the background

 

Closest I have stalked to one yet

 

The town of Red Wing is behind this bluff

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by polojock615 View Post
 

Just ordered an awesome shoe - a black sharkskin Patriot!  I'm excited...

I'm excited and they are not even mine LOL! Can't wait to see pictures of those bad boys when you get them...

post #47137 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincikid View Post

There was also tan saddle Elgin on a double sole. 
post #47138 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cold Iron View Post
 
I do go to Red Wing often to shoot bald eagles

 

 

I feared the worst when I read this, but then I looked at the photos . . . 

post #47139 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cold Iron View Post

Shooting Eagles (Click to show)
Juvi and 5 others in the background



Closest I have stalked to one yet


Awesome. I've tried my hand at birding but it's only ever been with subjects close to the house, or when something lands close to me when I'm shooting out and about with the 70-200. I have always admired those with the time and dedication required to do it right. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
Edited by CMT1 - 7/29/14 at 4:46pm
post #47140 of 70737


Brown shell Patriots today.

I never truly appreciated shell until I spent this weekend working on my Patriots and Daltons with the brush and Reno. The patina is something to behold. I'm really looking forward the Alden x JCrew boots. I'm also looking forward to adding more; maybe some burgundy shell Patriots and Bradleys too. Wish AE would add a brown shell cordovan boot in the collection - if not, I may be forced to add the Wolverine 744s after all.

The bug has bitten. I'm a goner.
post #47141 of 70737

Can anyone recommend a nice AE shoe for standing long periods of time?  I'm thinking rubber soles. 

post #47142 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy0329 View Post



Brown shell Patriots today.

I never truly appreciated shell until I spent this weekend working on my Patriots and Daltons with the brush and Reno. The patina is something to behold. I'm really looking forward the Alden x JCrew boots. I'm also looking forward to adding more; maybe some burgundy shell Patriots and Bradleys too. Wish AE would add a brown shell cordovan boot in the collection - if not, I may be forced to add the Wolverine 744s after all.

The bug has bitten. I'm a goner.

MTO it!

Also, we were shoe twins today. Those brown shell Patriots are the most comfortable shoes I've got beyond my Nike Roshe Runs.
post #47143 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemmy127 View Post

MTO it!

There isn't a high boot in current production to MTO. I don't want a brown shell Dalton or Long Branch. Even the Bayfield isn't in production anymore. Either way I'm probably done with boots for this coming season.......unless hmmm...
post #47144 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cold Iron View Post

...the Vasque Sundowner. From the mid 70's until 10 years ago I wore them for everything everywhere and around the world, hunting, hiking, etc. Then the last pair I bought the soles delaminated in the first month. Found out later that Red Wing had moved production from Italy to China and ruined the best boot ever made IMO.
Sounds familiar. By the time I could afford a nice pair of Sundowners like my dad owned, they'd moved production and I knew better than to buy them. Ended up with LL Bean Crestas instead -- remarkably similar, made in Italy, and available in narrow sizes.

To stay remotely on-topic, I'm wearing fully-lugged Dublin Bayfields right now. I'm reasonably sure I could tackle fifteen not-too-technical miles a day with a fifty-pound pack wearing these things. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #47145 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by slyguyWT2 View Post

Can anyone recommend a nice AE shoe for standing long periods of time?  I'm thinking rubber soles. 

I like my Bentons - very comfortable when I'm on my feet for a long time.

Chris
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...