or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 3103  

post #46531 of 70737

Damned fine shoes!

 

post #46532 of 70737
Walnut Strands fulfilled & sold by Amazon are $240 at the moment.
post #46533 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWTeal View Post

Burgundy or dark brown. Either color works as they are equally versatile. A McAllister of Fifth Avenue in other color is another option as well to mix things up. 

Can I ask why you got two pairs of walnut strands? I'd say walnut strands are on the casual side of the banking shoe spectrum and actually is the worst in terms of versatility. I find it hard to wear with dark colored suits. 

Thanks for the suggestions Teal. I did, in fact, purchase the two Strands mainly for casual/dress casual purposes (I just couldn't pass up that sale so bought two pair). I didn't mean to imply that these were shoes I'd wear regularly to the job, but perhaps I did. I like the burgundy on the McAllisters so maybe I'll go with that, even if at full price if Nordstrom doesn't have that color in the sale. Thanks again.

Cheers,
IG
post #46534 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWTeal View Post
 

 

Burgundy or dark brown. Either color works as they are equally versatile. A McAllister of Fifth Avenue in other color is another option as well to mix things up. 

 

Can I ask why you got two pairs of walnut strands? I'd say walnut strands are on the casual side of the banking shoe spectrum and actually is the worst in terms of versatility. I find it hard to wear with dark colored suits. 

What he said.  Why not one pair in Bourbon or Brown and one pair in Walnut?  AE shoes of are such high quality it's not like one pair will be trashed in a year.  

post #46535 of 70737

Everyone in this thread probably owns these already but... walnut strands are $191 after coupon, before tax at Amazon right now. 

 

Sign up for the 20% coupon: http://www.amazon.com/b?t=slickdeals&tag=slickdeals&ascsubtag=410d0e56020143bfbb5d3014206dba1a&node=8439053011

 

Ridiculous deal for first quality AEs

post #46536 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burzan View Post

What's the sizing like on the McGraw (4 last)?

I'm trying to figure out if an 8eee can work. I wear an 8.5d in the 1 last and and 8d or 8e in the 5 last.

A pair in truffle cordovan is sitting at the shoebank tempting me but I don't know anything about the 4 last.

I also grabbed a (flawless) pair of truffle shell McGraw from the Shoebank. It accommodates my high instep very well but it is my same size as my other AE shoes. It' and the RL branded Singleton are their only loafer that work for me.

And they are looking spectacular in the sunlight.
post #46537 of 70737
Ok Shell Wizards. I have a few issues with my beloved cordovan Kenilworths(es?)

These were my first MTOs, only 7 months if use. No trauma. Worn maybe 20 times total.

This blemish. Didn't notice it for a while. Then thought it was maybe just a bump in the hide. Now it looks like a small tear in the leather. What should I do at this point? Call Allison? Since I didn't notice this out of the box, it might not be "their problem" after 7 months. Find a competent cobbler that will repair shell? How can I get such a specialized recommendation?



Less serious issue. The metal eyelets are starting to discolor the leather on the hide. I've tried to brush and buff away to no avail. Wet rag doesn't work, neither does Reno. Anyone else have this issue?



Also, none of my other shell shoes seem as rough, bumpy, or dare I suggest, hairy (??) as these. Is that normal? You can kinda see what I'm talking about in the pics.



Thanks guys.
post #46538 of 70737
BTW, here is my arsenal for the week away from home teaching at music camp in Utah.

post #46539 of 70737
What is more realistic: Allen Edmonds bringing back Walnut shell or Alden bringing back Ravello or Whiskey shell?
post #46540 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by tradbrah View Post

What is more realistic: Allen Edmonds bringing back Walnut shell or Alden bringing back Ravello or Whiskey shell?

Alden having Ravello and Whiskey. I have 8 pairs in production right now in Ravello or Whiskey. I have asked about Walnut and AE was unhappy with the return rate caused by the color variance.
post #46541 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post

Alden having Ravello and Whiskey. I have 8 pairs in production right now in Ravello or Whiskey. I have asked about Walnut and AE was unhappy with the return rate caused by the color variance.

Wait.

8???!!!
post #46542 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by indigoroots View Post
 

Everyone in this thread probably owns these already but... walnut strands are $191 after coupon, before tax at Amazon right now. 

 

Sign up for the 20% coupon: http://www.amazon.com/b?t=slickdeals&tag=slickdeals&ascsubtag=410d0e56020143bfbb5d3014206dba1a&node=8439053011

 

Ridiculous deal for first quality AEs


Damn, in my size (9D) its $335 before coupon :(

post #46543 of 70737
Church today.

post #46544 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by peppercorn78 View Post

Wait.

8???!!!

Yeah, I have 10 shoes in production in rare shells if you count Cigar. But he only asked about Ravello and Whiskey.

I also have a few Color 8's in and 2 Black Boots and a Black LWB. It's gotten way out of hand...
post #46545 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMT1 View Post

I recently wore the walnut shell Strands to a friend's wedding, and I was so taken by their shine after a simple light brushing that I had to take a picture.




I absolutely love these shoes!

As always, I hope everyone is having a great weekend.
Wow these are gorgeous. I hope you realize that by posting this picture, you had made all of us take a second to regret not to get walnut shell when we had the chance. We all take another second to be jealous.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...