or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 3100  

post #46486 of 70737

Wearing my Dundees today, they are "dark brown" but compared to my strands they are lighter and also have less red in them. I love the color.

 

post #46487 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7_rocket View Post

I wore my strands all day yesterday and at the end of the day my feet were killing me.

I normally only wear them for my 8 hour shift and I change into running shoes. After work we had a work party so I decided to wear them there. When I got home after midnight my feet were done.

Am I the only one who experienced the strands not being comfortable?

I'm with you, my regular line AEs always leave my feet a little sore after an extended wear. Some people don't mind the comfort of a bare insole, but i prefer at least a little half sock liner if possible. Luckily, there is always AE MTO icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #46488 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burzan View Post

Wearing my Dundees today, they are "dark brown" but compared to my strands they are lighter and also have less red in them. I love the color.


Love the dundees, I had to let mine go due to poor fit. Waiting on an available seconds in my new size.
post #46489 of 70737

Haven't worn the grey McTavishes in a while so I thought I'd break them out . . . 

 

post #46490 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by fengfenglee View Post

thanks a lot for the info, you can please let me know what price will the McAllister be and what colors are available? (I see merlot and walnut now)

thanks!
They are 243 and only black is included in the sale
post #46491 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burzan View Post
 

Wearing my Dundees today, they are "dark brown" but compared to my strands they are lighter and also have less red in them. I love the color.

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

Beauty - gorgeous color indeed.  Very light for "dark brown."  Looks almost like my truffle/cappuccino pair!

post #46492 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungSweet View Post


Love the dundees, I had to let mine go due to poor fit. Waiting on an available seconds in my new size.

 

The fit was a little snug around the pinky toe but I seem to have broken them in now because they fit like a glove. I suspect the cork settling gave me just enough wiggle room above my pinky toe. I hope you are able to snag pair eventually.

post #46493 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by lachyzee View Post

The Nordstrom sale isn't really that flash considering Amazon have had the Black McAllisters and Walnut Strands at $230 and $240 respectively in the last year.

How are the belts priced?
Only 3 are included: Manistee (walnut) $80, Dearborn (bourbon) and classic (various colors) are $65
post #46494 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burzan View Post

The fit was a little snug around the pinky toe but I seem to have broken them in now because they fit like a glove. I suspect the cork settling gave me just enough wiggle room above my pinky toe. I hope you are able to snag pair eventually.
How long/how many wears does it take to break them in?
post #46495 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by JubeiSpiegel View Post


I'm with you, my regular line AEs always leave my feet a little sore after an extended wear. Some people don't mind the comfort of a bare insole, but i prefer at least a little half sock liner if possible. Luckily, there is always AE MTO icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7_rocket View Post

I wore my strands all day yesterday and at the end of the day my feet were killing me.

I normally only wear them for my 8 hour shift and I change into running shoes. After work we had a work party so I decided to wear them there. When I got home after midnight my feet were done.

Am I the only one who experienced the strands not being comfortable?

 

Havent tried strands but my Kenilworths stopped making my feet tired after 6 months, maybe a year of fairly often wear. Sometimes my feet get sore from a whole night of dancing if I go out in them, but thats probably something that happens regardless of what shoes you wear. 

 

You guys might want to consider the Brooks Brothers version of the strand, as it comes with the "Poron" insole. Keep in mind you may have to size up for the tighter fit as a result of the thicker insole.

post #46496 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungSweet View Post


How long/how many wears does it take to break them in?

 

I would say I am up to about 10-15 wearings and they are more comfortable each time I grab them. Now if only I could break in some of my other stuff, my cordovan Strand have only been worn once since getting them. At that rate I won't be breaking them in for a year.

post #46497 of 70737

I'm looking to pick up a pair of burgundy loafers, probably the Kenwood because I like beefrolls. They sell the Kenwood with a rubber sole and a leather one. I'm a big fan of taking care of shoes and that usually means putting topy on the soles of shoes I'll be wearing a lot. I prefer the look of the leather sole but can see the rubber one being useful. Can anyone here speak from experience or speculate about whether the rubber sole looks cheap and if I should get some neutral-color topy applied once I get the leather-soled version? I live in a city and do a decent amount of walking, not on a daily basis but with some regularity. 

 

Thanks!

post #46498 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfnhalfnhalf View Post

Haven't worn the grey McTavishes in a while so I thought I'd break them out . . . 



Nice. Don't see them posted a lot around here, but I like mine.
post #46499 of 70737

I wish they had that same lacing and 'butterfly' thing near the lacing with a 'real' cap toe.

post #46500 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by csmitty View Post

So I had an issue with AE recrafting. Sent my Dundees in for warranty (worn less than 10 times) for welt stitching coming off. The return shoes were in a normal box but put in a much larger box with no paper or padding. So obviously the shoe box came off and bounced around off each other the whole ride here. Lots of scuffs. A few impact creases. And a dark black mark across the toe. I tried to capture it when I opened it so I could send them to the store right away. 6e4u6emu.jpg

3usuvade.jpg



Mine were in great shape when they left other than the welt stitching. Just a bummer and let down after all the brushing to keep them looking good. Will take them in soon to see what they think and can do about them. Just wondering if anyone has had some shoddy packing coming out of WI recently.

 



Well, got an update. I was back and forth with the recraft manager on different options. They said they minimized the dents and would be able to work out the scuffs. They also said I could return or apply the value to a new pair. Was kinda wondering if they knew they were 2nds even with out the brand on the sole.

For keeping the shoes she offered a recraft certificate, a 20% off next purchase and basically the prestige package (bags, trees, polish) So thinking I could use the 20% on a shell MTO I agreed.

Got them Wed, and was pretty disappointed that it seemed they really didn't do much. The scratches/scuffs were still there and the dents were still noticable (actually found another I didn't catch before) Also I didn't see anything in the box about the 20% off. Just the recraft certificate. So asking about that as it was a big selling point to me. The good news is they didn't seem to use much product on them. I wore them Thur to start getting the cork back to form and wiped them down at the end of the day and not much came off. Followed by a good brushing. I def. missed them. Guess the honeymoon is over with them, just wish the first scratches were my own.

jBDNeOPl.png
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...