Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 1/31/17 at 1:56pm in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Today at 4:18 am in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 3093post #46381 of 707377/9/14 at 8:16ampost #46382 of 707377/9/14 at 8:19ampost #46383 of 707377/9/14 at 8:28amQuote:
Yes, you are correct. They are Park Avenues. At least I got the color right this time. A while back, I posted that they were Cognac. At least I didn't call them Vodka, which would have been even more wrong.post #46384 of 707377/9/14 at 8:44am
I have the chili grain BB MacNeils and these are turning out to be one of my favorite shoes. I now regret not getting the walnut grain MacNeils when they were available. Im really liking the look of AE's grain leather and I was wondering what other grain leather is available from AE. I saw there were a couple of golf shoes on grain print leather. Does anyone know what the difference is of these grain print leather (eg. weybridge golf shoes) vs just grain leather (eg. redan golf shoes)? I was of the impression that all grain leathers were printed anyway.
Was also wondering if these were corrected grain leather or not. Thanks in advance for any info.post #46385 of 707377/9/14 at 10:40amQuote:Originally Posted by peppercorn78
Ha!! Well I agree (except that I'm 35 and not middle aged yet) that's why I was on the fence. I ended up wearing my sneakers anyway.
I don't think I'm going to keep these Randolph's. Too dressy for casual and too casual for dressy. Anyone interested? They're 10.5 3E.
That's pretty easy to infer from your nick, Pepperpost #46386 of 707377/9/14 at 10:59amQuote:
No shell with shorts, period, IMO. As for bluchers with shorts, suede and nubuck all the way; CXL, maybe.Quote:
I've never been able to figure out how to wear loafers. Aesthetically, tassels are OK, and a few days ago (Uncle) Mac showed off a pair of horsebits in the Alden thread that were the first pair of those that I ever liked. But, I really wouldn't know what to do with either style.post #46387 of 707377/9/14 at 12:00pm
So my shoes arrived but my shoe cleaning/shining/buffing stuff hasn't.
1) The leeds started cutting into the part right under my ankle immediately and rubbed off some skin. Will I need heel inserts or is this part of the breaking in process?
2) The strands feel tight and uncomfortable on my right foot but fine on my left. Specifically my little toe feels cramped even a couple hours after removing the shoes. Is this part of the breaking in process?
3) If the shoes are indeed too narrow but I continue to wear them, any long term problems that might arise on my right foot?
4) Is this something to be concerned about? The grain looks different and kind of grainy compared with the rest of the shoe. Is this cracking or just an imperfection?
5) Will these go away once I shine/buff my shoes?Marks (Click to show)post #46388 of 707377/9/14 at 1:26pmpost #46389 of 707377/9/14 at 2:21pmpost #46390 of 707377/9/14 at 2:32pmQuote:
I wear a 8.5E in the 5 last and a 9D in the Leeds. I sized down a width, but probably needed the half size in length. Also, my shell leeds are pretty chunky/blobby looking to me, especially when I'm actually wearing them.post #46391 of 707377/9/14 at 2:49pmQuote:
Embrace the blob! If you really can't abide it, there are other options out there.post #46392 of 707377/9/14 at 2:53pmQuote:
I am in between 8-8.5 on the brannock.
I wear an 8.5D in the Leeds and other 1 last shoes
an 8D or 8E work best in the 5 Lastpost #46393 of 707377/9/14 at 2:59pmpost #46394 of 707377/9/14 at 3:06pmpost #46395 of 707377/9/14 at 3:13pmQuote:
I really missed the boat with the Amok, I should have never passed on them. A suede chukka would be perfect for my wardrobe.
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › Pictures of nice gloves...? 26 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 56 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › The Official Common Projects Thread 1 minute ago
- › Corneliani for Ralph Lauren made in Italy 100% linen/flax trousers... 2 minutes ago
- › The Uniqlo Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 3 minutes ago
- › Post Pictures of your Tattoos 3 minutes ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 4 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 12 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...