Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 1/2/17 at 4:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Today at 8:56 pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 3085post #46261 of 707377/4/14 at 4:14pmpost #46262 of 707377/4/14 at 4:16pmpost #46263 of 707377/4/14 at 4:17pmIt was mentioned in this thread that the Strand would be going on sale for Nordstrom's anniversary sale coming up in a few weeks. Is this guaranteed to be the case? And approximately what price could we expect them to be discounted? Thanks.
IGpost #46264 of 707377/4/14 at 4:34pmQuote:Last year the walnut Strand and the black Park Avenue were both $229. They were both $219 the year before. Regular AE shoe prices went up to $365, so sale prices may go up another $10 or more this year at Nordstrom.
Walnut Manistee and black Wide Basic Dress Belt will probably go on sale again to pair with them too. I believe the walnut Manistee was around $80 last year. The Manistee has also gone up in price since then (to $120). Wide Basic was somewhere between $10-20 cheaper than that.
post #46265 of 707377/4/14 at 4:50pmQuote:
- If you know your size on the 5 last and have a Discover card, use ShopDiscover and order online to get 5% (used to be 10%) cash back from Nordstrom.com purchases. (Login to Discover account online, link to Nordstrom.com from there, then place online order as usual.)
- If you don't have a Discover card, just have your local AE store price match the Nordstrom sale prices. I think it's nice to show support to AE when we can.
I love my Mac's/Jeffersons/Cambrides for suits. I have them in dark brown and burg shell. At least on this side of the Atlantic, dark colored wingtips have been a business suit staple for decades.post #46266 of 707377/4/14 at 5:46pmQuote:Originally Posted by MoNum
I have the Park Avenue and Strand both in bourbon and love them.
I wear navy and grey suits mainly. Thinking of getting a dark brown shoe but uncertain of a Brown strand vs Fifth Ave vs McAllister vs Park Ave.
I'm afraid the brown and bourbon are too similar for two strands or Park Aves.
I wonder if the McAllister is too casual for suits?
Not a huge fan of black shoes
+1 the balmoral wingtip (Mcallister) or the balmoral punch capote (strand) are both great shoes, very appropriate for suits. Maybe not for an evening affair, but for business wear they work well. Personally I would go burgundy Cambridge and dark brown shell strand, but the calf equivalents are good proxies. The 5th ave is also a great shoe, less adorned than the strand but also slightly more formal due to that.post #46267 of 707377/4/14 at 5:53pmQuote:
I never really considered looking for deals like that in Nordstrom Rack locations in the States. Is there some good stuff in those stores? Or did you order online?post #46268 of 707377/4/14 at 6:36pmQuote:
I'll put it this way... in a dimly lit room, you definitely know that bourbon is a shade of brown. But with dark brown, you might think it's black.post #46269 of 707377/4/14 at 6:41pmpost #46270 of 707377/4/14 at 7:12pmpost #46271 of 707377/4/14 at 7:37pmQuote:Originally Posted by halfnhalfnhalf
I think AE's briefcases are fine (especially when they're discounted, which they are pretty frequently), but if you haven't already done so you should check out other American-made brands. A few that come to mind are Ghurka, Saddleback, Billykirk, and J.W. Hulme. (AE also sells Hulme's products, although I'm not sure why you would buy them from AE instead of directly from Hulme.) I believe there are multiple SF threads on these brands and others.
Thank you both for your input. I decided to forget about AE briefcases after taking a look into these suggestions. I really like the Thin Briefcase from Saddleback in Chestnut (http://www.saddlebackleather.com/briefcasethin), but I'm not too sure how well it would go with my build. I'm a slim guy, 5'9" around 140 lbs, but I'd need the large size in order to carry my laptop. Any idea if this would be too big for a guy of my size? Also, would this be an appropriate briefcase to pair daily with a suit?post #46272 of 707377/4/14 at 8:20pmpost #46273 of 707377/4/14 at 8:53pmQuote:Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #46274 of 707377/4/14 at 10:27pmpost #46275 of 707377/4/14 at 10:35pm
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › Suitsupply NYC 3 minutes ago
- › Ongoing Bespoke Projects 4 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 7 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 8 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 9 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 11 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 12 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 23 minutes ago
- › Zam Barrett Dialogue/ Zfactorie - Official Affiliate Thread. 40 minutes ago
- › The official John Elliott B&S&T thread 47 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...