Ha! That would be fun, but no. I just hop in these bus like things with wings occasionally. I am delayed, so I am booting up the iPad to post the pics from.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 2/6/16 at 8:20am in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Today at 5:20 pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizing
Last edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?Last edited: Yesterday
- How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...Last edited: Yesterday
- The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden FootwearLast edited: 2/1/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 3063
Styleforum Top Pickspost #45932 of 706296/24/14 at 3:08pmQuote:
Fan of the art, here you go.. If you can grow your feet a few sizes, you can have them for $100 off retail... They made the wrong size for me...
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I may retake these as they pop more in real life...
-Mikepost #45933 of 706296/24/14 at 4:52pm
. You have found me outQuote:If you can grow your feet a few sizes, you can have them for $100 off retail... They made the wrong size for me...
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I may retake these as they pop more in real life...
These are really nice, thanks for posting. One of the best MTO's I have seenpost #45934 of 706296/24/14 at 5:09pmlooking for some advice from this fine thread. looking at picking up multiple pairs, in the brown burnished calf, walnut, and chilli (bourbon later on), and was wondering what you guys think about belt colours to go with these. i'd rather minimize the requirement of belts, and find 2 that can go with the 3 or 4 colours. im looking at the equus belts and was thinking the autralian nut and hazel.
what are your thoughts?
thankspost #45935 of 706296/24/14 at 5:16pmpost #45936 of 706296/24/14 at 5:19pmQuote:
You can do it with sandpaper. I've done it on a few pairs. Just be careful.post #45937 of 706296/24/14 at 5:53pmQuote:
I would call Allison and ask if they will do it for you. They messed up my second pair and put brown on it instead of the transparent medium brown. Two days later it is transparent medium brown.
-Mikepost #45938 of 706296/24/14 at 7:14pm
I plan to have a custom shoe made in Hong Kong (a leatherwork shop called Zee's), but I'm not sure what style to get. I feel as though I've hit the wardrobe basics but still want to pick up a custom shoe to see how its fit compares. All of my dress shoes are from Allen Edmonds (calfskin). I have:
- Park Avenue (black cap toe balmoral);
- Fifth Avenue, Brooks Brothers (brown perforated cap toe balmoral);
- Strand (walnut perforated cap toe balmoral);
- Brooks McAllister (black short wingtip balmoral);
- Larchmont (chocolate long wingtip blucher);
- Kenilworth (black plain-toe blucher);
- Wilbert (brown casual split-toe blucher);
- Black Hills (grey pebble leather casual plain-toe blucher); and
- Bayfield (brown CXL cap toe boot).
I work as a professional in NYC; I wear a suit about twice a week and formal-ish business casual the rest of the time. I was thinking maybe a pair of wholecut oxfords in black (like Hanovers, but less square-toed and with more eyelets) would be a good addition, but I don't think I'd have occasion to wear them very often. Or, maybe a brown loafer of some sort, if those tend to be a good choice for a custom shoe. Or, I could try some cordovan out, and get a brown plain-toe blucher (like the AE Leeds).
I'd appreciate any advice -- thanks!post #45939 of 706296/24/14 at 9:23pmGiven you already have two black oxfords, and given you only wear suits twice a week, I'd hold off on the black oxford whole cuts.
I think a burgundy shell loafer would be pretty versitile and fill a gap or two. Also, I'm not sure if by "custom" you mean something like an AE MTO or an actual bespoke so no help there.post #45940 of 706296/24/14 at 11:01pmpost #45941 of 706296/24/14 at 11:55pm
Anyone know if the 35mm dress belt and the Wide Basic Dress belt are different? I put in an order for the Wide Basic Dress as a second and it had a different skew number than the 35mm, though the people are telling me it's the same belt with a different name. I can't actually view AE's website anymore cause China has been toying with it's firewall and even my VPN is not able to mask my IP address for some reason... so I don't really have any way to search for pictures of the belt myself at the moment.post #45942 of 706296/25/14 at 5:39amQuote:Originally Posted by BigRob
My understanding is the tailor fits it to your foot, starting with a fitted canvas mold. I'm not sure if it's entirely bespoke. Also -- I should have amended the post -- I read in the Zee's thread that cordovan is not available.
Zee's Leatherware & Shoe Co.
Sorry, I missed your reference to Zee's. I note from the thread that they only do Goodyear welted shoes on double soles. A Some shoes are Blake, and some are cemented. I'm sure you'll make sure you know what you're getting.
If you decide to forego the custom route for the moment, I'd still suggest a nice #8 shell loafer to round out your current collection.post #45943 of 706296/25/14 at 5:57ampost #45944 of 706296/25/14 at 6:15am
Here is a pair of MacNeil Cordovan's I picked up a while back - they are older for sure and needed a serious cleaning..had layers of what looked to be black polish on them. They are also very large though in my normal size. These pics are before I put an insole in them and the fit is nearly perfect and the lacing is much straighter now.post #45945 of 706296/25/14 at 6:35amQuote:Originally Posted by Kahuna75
Here is a pair of MacNeil Cordovan's I picked up a while back - they are older for sure and needed a serious cleaning..had layers of what looked to be black polish on them. They are also very large though in my normal size. These pics are before I put an insole in them and the fit is nearly perfect and the lacing is much straighter now.
Great job. Unspoilered intentionally.
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
Styleforum Top Picks
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 11 seconds ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 37 seconds ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 2 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 3 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 5 minutes ago
- › When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale? 8 minutes ago
- › DLester's "Official Repository of Things That Are Awful Yet I Like... 8 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 9 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 9 minutes ago
- › 2016 Presidential Caucus and Primary Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...