Ha! That would be fun, but no. I just hop in these bus like things with wings occasionally. I am delayed, so I am booting up the iPad to post the pics from.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 2/25/17 at 7:45pm in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Yesterday at 5:07 pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 3063post #45932 of 707376/24/14 at 3:08pmQuote:
Fan of the art, here you go.. If you can grow your feet a few sizes, you can have them for $100 off retail... They made the wrong size for me...
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I may retake these as they pop more in real life...
-Mikepost #45933 of 707376/24/14 at 4:52pm
. You have found me outQuote:If you can grow your feet a few sizes, you can have them for $100 off retail... They made the wrong size for me...
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I may retake these as they pop more in real life...
These are really nice, thanks for posting. One of the best MTO's I have seenpost #45934 of 707376/24/14 at 5:09pmlooking for some advice from this fine thread. looking at picking up multiple pairs, in the brown burnished calf, walnut, and chilli (bourbon later on), and was wondering what you guys think about belt colours to go with these. i'd rather minimize the requirement of belts, and find 2 that can go with the 3 or 4 colours. im looking at the equus belts and was thinking the autralian nut and hazel.
what are your thoughts?
thankspost #45935 of 707376/24/14 at 5:16pmHow easy is it to change the color of the edging of the shoe? I've got a pair of brown cordovan Strands that I would like to have a transparent edge like posted above? Is this something only AE can do without requiring a recraft or is a local cobbler perfectly able?post #45936 of 707376/24/14 at 5:19pmQuote:
You can do it with sandpaper. I've done it on a few pairs. Just be careful.post #45937 of 707376/24/14 at 5:53pmQuote:
I would call Allison and ask if they will do it for you. They messed up my second pair and put brown on it instead of the transparent medium brown. Two days later it is transparent medium brown.
-Mikepost #45938 of 707376/24/14 at 7:14pm
I plan to have a custom shoe made in Hong Kong (a leatherwork shop called Zee's), but I'm not sure what style to get. I feel as though I've hit the wardrobe basics but still want to pick up a custom shoe to see how its fit compares. All of my dress shoes are from Allen Edmonds (calfskin). I have:
- Park Avenue (black cap toe balmoral);
- Fifth Avenue, Brooks Brothers (brown perforated cap toe balmoral);
- Strand (walnut perforated cap toe balmoral);
- Brooks McAllister (black short wingtip balmoral);
- Larchmont (chocolate long wingtip blucher);
- Kenilworth (black plain-toe blucher);
- Wilbert (brown casual split-toe blucher);
- Black Hills (grey pebble leather casual plain-toe blucher); and
- Bayfield (brown CXL cap toe boot).
I work as a professional in NYC; I wear a suit about twice a week and formal-ish business casual the rest of the time. I was thinking maybe a pair of wholecut oxfords in black (like Hanovers, but less square-toed and with more eyelets) would be a good addition, but I don't think I'd have occasion to wear them very often. Or, maybe a brown loafer of some sort, if those tend to be a good choice for a custom shoe. Or, I could try some cordovan out, and get a brown plain-toe blucher (like the AE Leeds).
I'd appreciate any advice -- thanks!post #45939 of 707376/24/14 at 9:23pmGiven you already have two black oxfords, and given you only wear suits twice a week, I'd hold off on the black oxford whole cuts.
I think a burgundy shell loafer would be pretty versitile and fill a gap or two. Also, I'm not sure if by "custom" you mean something like an AE MTO or an actual bespoke so no help there.post #45940 of 707376/24/14 at 11:01pm
My understanding is the tailor fits it to your foot, starting with a fitted canvas mold. I'm not sure if it's entirely bespoke. Also -- I should have amended the post -- I read in the Zee's thread that cordovan is not available.post #45941 of 707376/24/14 at 11:55pm
Anyone know if the 35mm dress belt and the Wide Basic Dress belt are different? I put in an order for the Wide Basic Dress as a second and it had a different skew number than the 35mm, though the people are telling me it's the same belt with a different name. I can't actually view AE's website anymore cause China has been toying with it's firewall and even my VPN is not able to mask my IP address for some reason... so I don't really have any way to search for pictures of the belt myself at the moment.post #45942 of 707376/25/14 at 5:39amQuote:Originally Posted by BigRob
My understanding is the tailor fits it to your foot, starting with a fitted canvas mold. I'm not sure if it's entirely bespoke. Also -- I should have amended the post -- I read in the Zee's thread that cordovan is not available.
Zee's Leatherware & Shoe Co.
Sorry, I missed your reference to Zee's. I note from the thread that they only do Goodyear welted shoes on double soles. A Some shoes are Blake, and some are cemented. I'm sure you'll make sure you know what you're getting.
If you decide to forego the custom route for the moment, I'd still suggest a nice #8 shell loafer to round out your current collection.post #45943 of 707376/25/14 at 5:57ampost #45944 of 707376/25/14 at 6:15am
Here is a pair of MacNeil Cordovan's I picked up a while back - they are older for sure and needed a serious cleaning..had layers of what looked to be black polish on them. They are also very large though in my normal size. These pics are before I put an insole in them and the fit is nearly perfect and the lacing is much straighter now.post #45945 of 707376/25/14 at 6:35amQuote:Originally Posted by Kahuna75
Here is a pair of MacNeil Cordovan's I picked up a while back - they are older for sure and needed a serious cleaning..had layers of what looked to be black polish on them. They are also very large though in my normal size. These pics are before I put an insole in them and the fit is nearly perfect and the lacing is much straighter now.
Great job. Unspoilered intentionally.
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › REEVES OFFICIAL AFFILIATE THREAD 22 seconds ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 31 seconds ago
- › NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread 1 minute ago
- › patrickBOOTH's Third-of-Life Crisis and (Mostly) Self-Imposed... 3 minutes ago
- › LEMAIRE 4 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones Hallam Dark Brown Burnished Calf 4 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 4 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 4 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 5 minutes ago
- › What music are you listening to lately? 5 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...