Always best to get what you really want!
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 4/28/16 at 12:41pm in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Today at 5:39 am in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 3030post #45436 of 707376/13/14 at 9:59pmpost #45437 of 707376/13/14 at 10:33pmpost #45438 of 707376/13/14 at 10:37pm
Can anyone here enlighten me about the fitting of 1 Last (Daltons) vs 3 Last (73) Shaker Heights?
Wanting to pick both pairs yet i'm unsure what size to get.
My mora 2.0 9D on last 8(108) fits good at the heel but there is
a bit of room space in the toes. I think 8.5D would be a perfect fit.
Also graysons 9D on last 7(97) fits really good also.
I come out to be an 8.5D on the AE sizing guide.
if that helpspost #45439 of 707376/13/14 at 11:25pmpost #45440 of 707376/14/14 at 12:20amMight be a silly question, but is there any reason by Cambridge Cordovans would fit any differently from other 5-65 lasted calf shoes (either due to the style or the leather)?
About to pull the trigger on some for $399 and want to be sure...post #45441 of 707376/14/14 at 3:43ampost #45442 of 707376/14/14 at 7:13amQuote:
I can attest that they fit slightly looser. The difference in sizing was significant to me. In my case, the heel of the cambridge was looser than the heel in my 5 last calf shoes, enough that I had to return them. However, YMMV.post #45443 of 707376/14/14 at 10:54ampost #45444 of 707376/14/14 at 11:15am
Perhaps a PSA and a question:
Nordstrom has a fair selection of AE on sale at the moment.
I'm thinking about picking up a pair of Players in walnut for $215, but I'm aware that the Nordy's variant of this shoe doesn't have the JR double-oak sole. I'm supposing it is on the 222 last, however, and I'm hoping to get some sizing advice.
I'm an 11E in most lasts but couldn't believe how narrow the RL Saunders (by AE) was in this size and last. I can buy new (but economically soled) Players from Nordy in an 11EEE for $215 or Shoebank seconds in a 10.5EEE for $179. I'm aware that no two feet are alike and I'm best served going to the store, etc., but any other thoughts may be helpful. Thanks.post #45445 of 707376/14/14 at 12:14pmQuote:
I find that this does a much better job if I'm really dirty...post #45446 of 707376/14/14 at 1:13pmpost #45447 of 707376/14/14 at 1:15pmpost #45448 of 707376/14/14 at 2:29pmpost #45449 of 707376/14/14 at 2:32pm
Picked up brown kenilworths and a matching dress belt and polish, came out to 255, and they are looking to see if they can find another black hanover. I want the wholecut as my tuxedo/full formal shoe.
They had just one dark chocolate dalton seconds in 10.5E for $254, but somehow I feel that would be too wide...I'll have to hold out for my proper size I guess.post #45450 of 707376/14/14 at 3:15pm
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 10 seconds ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 11 seconds ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 1 minute ago
- › Cars We Drive! 1 minute ago
- › Nigel Cabourn 2 minutes ago
- › Double Breasted Style. 3 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 4 minutes ago
- › Naples Tailors - seeking any experience or advice ? 4 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Motorcycles 5 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding
- › What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding