In Australia so all outta luck was aiming at getting some strawfut calf and linen seconds cause the AE site is out of my size now
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on Today at 8:20 am in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on 9/24/16 at 9:17pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 3024post #45346 of 707376/12/14 at 6:31pmpost #45347 of 707376/12/14 at 6:35pmpost #45348 of 707376/12/14 at 6:39pmpost #45349 of 707376/12/14 at 7:23pmQuote:
I like the shoe quite a bit and own a pair of Castine driving shoes that are similar, but I wouldn't really consider it business casual, more of a casual option because of the driving shoe sole. I would be interested to hear how you like that particular sole, as I haven't tried on anything with sole before. Enjoy the new shoes!post #45350 of 707376/12/14 at 7:23pmQuote:Originally Posted by chris45
ya I was wondering on sizing too, esp since I'll probably wear them without socks.. and still leaning toward Brown or Burgundy -- probably will get Burgundy since they have a pair with the Vtread sole...
I'm sized as 8.5D on 5 last but sized down to 8D on the MacNeil's (7 last) and have 8.5D on my Long Branches (1 last) .. so any suggestions for the Patriot (last 6??)
someone help me with sizing before they are all gone! =]post #45351 of 707376/12/14 at 7:30pmQuote:
The version in tan saddle looks nice, but Id only wear them to work in a really casual environment though. I can't see those outsoles lasting for a long time if worn on any other surface apart from carpet. As for being a driving shoe, I find it odd that AE didnt design the outsole to wrap all the way back up to the to the upper part of the heel where the foxing is. Since it doesnt have any significant heel, I can imagine the foxing on the right shoe will be in contact with the cars floor, at least with my driving style as I use my right heel as the pivot point for my foot as it pushes/releases the accelerator pedal.post #45352 of 707376/12/14 at 7:30pmI'm trying to decide between buying brown shell Patriots or buying a bourbon Park Ave and a black Park Ave. I just sold off my black and dark brown Fifth Aves to replace with the aforementioned Park Aves, but I feel like I could get those at a later seconds sale or Nordstrom's anniversary sale in July easily, whereas there's no guarantee that the shell Patriots will be available the next time shell drops to $399. Am I right in thinking I should go with the Patriots?post #45353 of 707376/12/14 at 7:35pmQuote:Originally Posted by watchidiot
The version in tan saddle looks nice, but Id only wear them to work in a really casual environment though. I can't see those outsoles lasting for a long time if worn on any other surface apart from carpet. As for being a driving shoe, I find it odd that AE didnt design the outsole to wrap all the way back up to the to the upper part of the heel where the foxing is. Since it doesnt have any significant heel, I can imagine the foxing on the right shoe will be in contact with the cars floor, at least with my driving style as I use my right heel as the pivot point for my foot as it pushes/releases the accelerator pedal.
Yeah, like jeans and polo casual. I just don't want to be the guy who wears sneakers (some even do). I have a pair of Strands and McAllisters for when I want to put on some slacks and a dressier shirt.post #45354 of 707376/12/14 at 7:39pm
PSA, after much deliberation and regret, Im letting go of my 8.5D Brown Shell Cordovan Jeffersons for USD545 + shipping. I find that the vgap is to wide for my liking and rather than wait for my feet to sink into the cork, might as well let someone else with a better fit enjoy the shoes for USD545. These are firsts and I have only worn them for fitting and walked around a carpeted room 2-3 times. Complete with box and bags.
FYI, I live in Asia so shipping to US might be steep (probably around 50USD) - but thats still cheaper than the current price for these bad boys.post #45355 of 707376/12/14 at 8:24pmQuote:Originally Posted by lachyzee
1. From Kenard at AE Charleston:
Unfortunately, the 20% coupon does NOT apply to discounted shoes (i.e. the actual fac 2nd price is $499, it’s being promoted @ $399. But, it could be applied to a 1st quality Strand (Reg: $365 – Sale w/ coupon: $292). You’ll get a bourbon or brown first quality Strand for almost the price of a reg fac 2nd : $289
2. I received one on 16 Mar. Received another on 2 Jun. Both valid for about a month. Perhaps it depends which outlet you nominated for.
Perhaps. I registered for Jeffersonville. Maybe I'll re-sign up. Thanks for the info!post #45356 of 707376/13/14 at 3:14ampost #45357 of 707376/13/14 at 5:14ampost #45358 of 707376/13/14 at 5:26ampost #45359 of 707376/13/14 at 5:35amQuote:Originally Posted by Burzan
Felt like today was the day to finally try out the application of Angelus Acrylic Finisher #600 on my burgundy cordovan Leeds. Let me say that the process was very easy to do and so far I feel like they replicate the "wet look" of Alden very well. I am curious to see if they are easy to maintain with just the Mac Method from here on.
I initially conditioned them yesterday with VSC as I have been putting them in the sun to fade them a bit so they were a little dry. These pics are pre application of the finisher.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Once they were buffed and dry today I used a clean t-shirt and started the application on the left shoe, I did one coat, then went over with a second shortly after. Left shoe in finished in these pictures.
Went on to do two coats on the right shoe and then went back for a third coat on both. Here is the finished shoes from a few minutes ago, they are still drying and tacky. I am not sure yet how long it will take for them both to dry. Once they do I with hit them with a quick brushing and buffing to see the results along with maybe a thin layer of paste wax.
More Finished Pics (Click to show)
Man, these look great. I've got a couple of candidates that I'm thinking of trying this out on. Thanks for posting the blow-by-blow instructions.post #45360 of 707376/13/14 at 5:44am
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 50 seconds ago
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here... 1 minute ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Official Guitar, Amp, Pedals, and Gear Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 4 minutes ago
- › Friday Challenge 2016/09/30 - "Blue and Green Now Must Be Seen" 4 minutes ago
- › TyCooN's Official Boxing Thread 4 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 8 minutes ago
- › Kamakura Shirts - Madison Ave Store 10 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 10 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...