or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 3018  

post #45256 of 70737
Anyone heard from Cold Iron recently?
post #45257 of 70737
I really like the new palm drives. They look pretty sleek
post #45258 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indyoshi68 View Post
 

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

They look great - shame they don't fit... What things did you change about the boot in your MTO?

Speaking of shell Daltons: 

These will be a welcome addition!  I can't remember who got me started down the shell path, but...curse you - and THANKS!!! Tent sale cop; was holding a shoe I was debating sending back, then I saw these. for less than my calf strands?!? Even I'm not that stupid. Seamless exchange. Whomever sent these back was only trying on the left shoe, so a little TLC is in order for that one.  Mwah...Ciao, Bella!

 

 

nice catch. they were sitting at the shoebank for a month or so, and then they dropped to the said price.

 

btw - does anyone else wonder why the daltons have no serration (pinking?) at the edges of the wingtip?

post #45259 of 70737

Still waiting for the oxblood/burgundy cordovan daltons to be sale priced. Those are the best, IMHO. So unique

post #45260 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris45 View Post
 

 

thanks for posting -- I was thinking about adding Commando soles to my shell burgundy MacNeil's so this helps me picture what they would look like..

 

Damn rainy weather always has me concerned!

 

Yes Sir,

 

These things are serious business.  If it is raining or snowing or whatever, I grab the shell McNeil's on Commando's.

post #45261 of 70737
Is $399 on cordovan seconds likely to be bettered? Seems they were unloading them for $299 in Feb.
post #45262 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by lachyzee View Post

Is $399 on cordovan seconds likely to be bettered? Seems they were unloading them for $299 in Feb.

Given that the retail price has increased I believe the days of $299 cordovan seconds are gone
post #45263 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post

Given that the retail price has increased I believe the days of $299 cordovan seconds are gone
Yea, I'd imagine $350 or $375 minimum.
post #45264 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post


Given that the retail price has increased I believe the days of $299 cordovan seconds are gone


Yes Sir,

 

I live about 90 min form the factory and am very good friends with some of the folks there.....that was a special deal that happens VERY rarely.  I was actually told that it would never happen again.  But we shall see.

 

Check out these 2 pair I procured for a dear friend for $600....What a steal!!!

 

 

photo photo-36-2_zps8da3c752.jpg

post #45265 of 70737
Anyone have pics of the Nuemok in tan and snuff suede's?
post #45266 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7_rocket View Post

Anyone have pics of the Nuemok in tan and snuff suede's?

 

I do not have pics handy but I just received my Neumok in Tan suede and they are very nice though it might just be my pair but sizing seemed a touch off- also has a cushy insole which is nice.

post #45267 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahuna75 View Post

I do not have pics handy but I just received my Neumok in Tan suede and they are very nice though it might just be my pair but sizing seemed a touch off- also has a cushy insole which is nice.

I did read it fits slightly big? I'd love to see some pics. I might pick up the tan
post #45268 of 70737

So when you guys says that the Leeds is a shit kicker, does that mean they wouldn't pair with a suit at all?

 

It seems like most people here like the look of AE's 65 last the most. It's their sleekest right? Just not as good for wide feet like mine.

 

What exactly is a shit kicker? If you were describing a pair of knock off converse I think I'd understand but any shoe over 200 or 300 in my mind is something I'd care about. Maybe I'm just poor, heh.

post #45269 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimmyS View Post
 

So when you guys says that the Leeds is a shit kicker, does that mean they wouldn't pair with a suit at all?

 

It seems like most people here like the look of AE's 65 last the most. It's their sleekest right? Just not as good for wide feet like mine.

 

What exactly is a shit kicker? If you were describing a pair of knock off converse I think I'd understand but any shoe over 200 or 300 in my mind is something I'd care about. Maybe I'm just poor, heh.

That dude was wrong. I always thought these were shit kickers:

post #45270 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimmyS View Post

So when you guys says that the Leeds is a shit kicker, does that mean they wouldn't pair with a suit at all?

It seems like most people here like the look of AE's 65 last the most. It's their sleekest right? Just not as good for wide feet like mine.

What exactly is a shit kicker? If you were describing a pair of knock off converse I think I'd understand but any shoe over 200 or 300 in my mind is something I'd care about. Maybe I'm just poor, heh.

Sorry, im originally from San Antonio, so that's a little local vernacular.

Personally, I mean a shoe with some heft. Clunky, robust, and solid. In the best way. Not about quality.

If I were to pair Leeds of MacNeil with a suit, it would probably be with a more casual chunky fall/winter fabric like a heavy tweed or even flannel. Definitely not with anything conservative or formal(ish).

They're great shoes for casual sport coat/trouser pairings, though.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...