Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 12/1/16 at 8:15am in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on 12/1/16 at 6:49pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 3017post #45241 of 707376/11/14 at 12:22pmpost #45242 of 707376/11/14 at 12:31pmpost #45243 of 707376/11/14 at 12:31pmpost #45244 of 707376/11/14 at 12:32pmQuote:
thanks for posting -- I was thinking about adding Commando soles to my shell burgundy MacNeil's so this helps me picture what they would look like..
Damn rainy weather always has me concerned!post #45245 of 707376/11/14 at 12:46pmpost #45246 of 707376/11/14 at 12:48pmQuote:I absolutely love a good pair of shitkickers. I've been kind of babying my own #8 shell MacNeils just a bit too much; some soles like that might do me a world of good. Thanks for the inspiration!Originally Posted by Watchman1
Gentlemen, meet my workhorses!
AE McNeil in burgundy cordovan with Commando Soles:
Rad shell gunboats (Click to show)Inside:
Right now I've got #8 shell Daltons, MacNeils, and Graysons; it's taking everything I've got not to pick up the #8 shell Leeds on the seconds list in my size to round out the set... and I'll probably buy those anyway within the next six or eight months.post #45247 of 707376/11/14 at 12:52pmpost #45248 of 707376/11/14 at 1:07pmpost #45249 of 707376/11/14 at 1:40pmpost #45250 of 707376/11/14 at 2:20pmQuote:Quote:Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
They look great - shame they don't fit... What things did you change about the boot in your MTO?
Speaking of shell Daltons:
These will be a welcome addition! I can't remember who got me started down the shell path, but...curse you - and THANKS!!! Tent sale cop; was holding a shoe I was debating sending back, then I saw these. for less than my calf strands?!? Even I'm not that stupid. Seamless exchange. Whomever sent these back was only trying on the left shoe, so a little TLC is in order for that one. Mwah...Ciao, Bella!post #45251 of 707376/11/14 at 2:34pm
Hey guys, I apologize for my absence, but I do come bearing good news. I finally picked up my Burgundy Cambridges today, and I absolutely love them! I also ordered myself a little gift, which I will be sure to post tomorrow when they arrive (I'll give you a hint, it's more shell). But, without further ado, I present to you the Cambridges.post #45252 of 707376/11/14 at 3:01pmQuote:Originally Posted by CrimmyS
Is there a reason you guys wouldn't really want to wear a blucher with a suit? Some searching shows that a lot of people do it even though they know it's "against the rules".
With that price drop on the cordovan I'm tempted to get a pair myself. I was thinking of waiting a year or two before I thought about it because of the price but...
MacNiels or Leeds? Given that I would probably wear them with my (navy) suit.
Also what's the return policy with JAB and ShoeFact? Since I'll have to have the shoes sent to my friend then shipped internationally for me. I'm worried about a bad fit.
Now I'm thinking
Board Room (JAB)
MacNiel or Leeds Cordovan (Shoebank) 9EEE (These will be roomier than a balmorla right)
And then maybe Strands in Bourbon.
Does that seem decent for 2 (or 3) pairs to start off with someone who's going to try and rotate between a suit, sport coat, and jeans?
I wear my kenilworths with a suit all the time. In my opinion, an elegant plain toe black blucher is more formal than a wingtip balmoral with perfing all over itpost #45253 of 707376/11/14 at 3:15pmQuote:
I agree in the abstract, but ain't nothing elegant about Leeds or McNeils. Those are grade-A shit-kickers.post #45254 of 707376/11/14 at 3:57pmpost #45255 of 707376/11/14 at 4:00pmQuote:Originally Posted by DerangedGoose
Leeds are way too blobby, I dont get the appeal. I was more referring to the Kenilworth, which are pretty sleek to me. Not euro status, but real classy
I like blobby for everyday shoes. When I want sleek, I pull out my Carminas. (Of course, I'm sure others would go sleeker still and would consider Carmina to be blobby.)
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 9 seconds ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 1 minute ago
- › £1650 Ferragamo/Tramezza Special Edition 'Milano' 100% Hand-Made... 3 minutes ago
- › £225 Ralph Lauren/Made in Italy Classic-Fit Navy Blue 100% Linen... 5 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 5 minutes ago
- › M&S/Nova Fides Italy Anti-Crease 'Linen Miracle' Almond/Stone... 7 minutes ago
- › £175 William Hunt Savile Row/Made in Italy 100% Pure Merino Wool... 9 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 13 minutes ago
- › Introduce yourself. 14 minutes ago
- › Academia, Democrats, and Thoughtcrime 14 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Fashion Forward brands that will be big in
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway