Hey anyone know what happened to the factory second data base? Its not working for me anymore.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 2/25/17 at 7:45pm in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Yesterday at 8:18 pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 2986post #44777 of 707375/30/14 at 11:24ampost #44778 of 707375/30/14 at 11:25ampost #44779 of 707375/30/14 at 11:28amQuote:
I agree, Mike. Ravello is still a bit redder, though.Quote:Originally Posted by Burzan
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Some of you might cringe at the thought of me wearing bals with jeans haha, but I really couldn't resist not cleaning the up last night and wearing them today. I was too excited to give them a go around the office.
The Strands I picked up are an 8D and fit like a glove, I bought these in an 8.5D and still fit extremely well. My first pair of AE a year ago was a walnut calf McAllister and they work so I knew the risk was minimal in sizing up. The 5 last fits me very well with my low vamp and narrow heel, it also fits me wider across the toes compared to the 1 last size for size. I think I will be buying more 5 last shoes in the future. Phenomenal shoe all around, loving the wheeled welt.post #44780 of 707375/30/14 at 11:38amQuote:Originally Posted by tifosi
I agree, Mike. Ravello is still a bit redder, though. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Close enough to satisfy my rare shell hunger and hold me back from jumping on a used pair of something in Ravello.
Oh and these McAllisters have barely creased today, has me feeling like Mike. The strands creased on the first step trying them on yesterday hahapost #44781 of 707375/30/14 at 11:40amQuote:I agree. They are spectacular.
My 8D Cambridge are my oldest shell shoes and probably have the most wear and there isn't a crease on them! LOL.post #44782 of 707375/30/14 at 11:44ampost #44783 of 707375/30/14 at 11:47ampost #44784 of 707375/30/14 at 11:47amQuote:Originally Posted by Burzan
Seconds order arrived to Canada in record time! Ordered on Tuesday afternoon. SA threw in shoe bags as well.
The Brown Corodvan Strands look great for seconds, a slight dent on the heel of one. Little bit of poor pinking work on the toe and slight shade variation on one toe. Overall very happy with them for seconds pricing as I have seen many firsts with the complaint of the pinking.
The Truffle Cordovan McAllisters are beautiful and look great with the exception of one section, not sure what happened but it doesn't look great. That being said, I did state to Chris from the shoebank I was only concerned with toe issues, I am sticking to that with this pair as truffle cordovan is long gone so I will be keeping these. The issue is on the most discreet section of the shoe it could be and I think with some deerboning and a bit of polish I could hide it even further. I little bit of a pinking issue again on the back quarter of the shoe but it's small. Lots of bloom on these guys too.
They say that Truffle/Cappuccino cordovan are one in the same but these are far lighter compared to the Cappuccino Bayfields I have, which I am very excited about. This Truffle pair is as close as I am going to get to Walnut. I look forward to taking some better pictures of my whole AE cordovan collection.
Brown Cordovan Strand:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Truffle Cordovan McAllister:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
It's been fun, but Burzan just won the Seconds Game. Pack up and head home, everybody.
In all seriousness, I would have no issue with the flaws that made these seconds and would absolutely purchase exact similar ones if they were available in my size.post #44785 of 707375/30/14 at 11:48ampost #44786 of 707375/30/14 at 11:54ampost #44787 of 707375/30/14 at 11:55ampost #44788 of 707375/30/14 at 12:02pmpost #44789 of 707375/30/14 at 12:05pmQuote:Originally Posted by Burzan
Some of you might cringe at the thought of me wearing bals with jeans haha, but I really couldn't resist not cleaning the up last night and wearing them today. I was too excited to give them a go around the office.
The Strands I picked up are an 8D and fit like a glove, I bought these in an 8.5D and still fit extremely well. My first pair of AE a year ago was a walnut calf McAllister and they work so I knew the risk was minimal in sizing up. The 5 last fits me very well with my low vamp and narrow heel, it also fits me wider across the toes compared to the 1 last size for size. I think I will be buying more 5 last shoes in the future. Phenomenal shoe all around, loving the wheeled welt.
Good for you.
I for one am not completely opposed to wearing them with jeans.
My preference is to dark denim uncuffed if wearing the right bal.post #44790 of 707375/30/14 at 12:06pmQuote:Quote:
I am in the same boat as Tifosi, all of my shoes have quite a bit of creasing. This might be my lucky pair or something because they are even half a size too big so I can't even say its because they are a perfect fit.Quote:
Thanks for the kind words, I got lucky seeing them on the new site so I have Allen Edmonds to thank for that. Now if I could only find a pair of Walnut cordovan Daltons haha... Maybe I can convince Ryden to sell me his pair one day
Hahaha, I don't plan to make a habit out of it.Quote:
My next pair of denim I am going to have tailored to no break, that way It will look better and still can cuff with boots.
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › Antonio Meccariello Shoes 2 minutes ago
- › Men's Hats: A Discussion Thread, Questions, Opinions, Suggestions... 4 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 8 minutes ago
- › E.G. Cappelli Store now LIVE! 9 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 14 minutes ago
- › J. Crew Ludlow vs SuitSupply Napoli for slim guys 19 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos,... 21 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 26 minutes ago
- › gennaro paone: former head tailor of rubinacci 27 minutes ago
- › Gucci Raw Denim Skinny Slim Selvedge Italy Japan 31 Dior Saint... 27 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...