Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 2986  

post #44776 of 70737

Hey anyone know what happened to the factory second data base? Its not working for me anymore.

post #44777 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiker View Post

Hey anyone know what happened to the factory second data base? Its not working for me anymore.
shoebank.com
post #44778 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiker View Post
 

Hey anyone know what happened to the factory second data base? Its not working for me anymore.

 

New address and better functionality

 

http://www.shoebank.com/

post #44779 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post

They are amazing. They look strikingly similar to what Alden's Ravello Shell Cordovan has become.

-Mike

I agree, Mike. Ravello is still a bit redder, though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burzan View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Some of you might cringe at the thought of me wearing bals with jeans haha, but I really couldn't resist not cleaning the up last night and wearing them today. I was too excited to give them a go around the office.


The Strands I picked up are an 8D and fit like a glove, I bought these in an 8.5D and still fit extremely well. My first pair of AE a year ago was a walnut calf McAllister and they work so I knew the risk was minimal in sizing up. The 5 last fits me very well with my low vamp and narrow heel, it also fits me wider across the toes compared to the 1 last size for size. I think I will be buying more 5 last shoes in the future. Phenomenal shoe all around, loving the wheeled welt.




post #44780 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post


I agree, Mike. Ravello is still a bit redder, though. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

Close enough to satisfy my rare shell hunger and hold me back from jumping on a used pair of something in Ravello. 

 

 

 

 

Oh and these McAllisters have barely creased today, has me feeling like Mike. The strands creased on the first step trying them on yesterday haha

post #44781 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burzan View Post


Close enough to satisfy my rare shell hunger and hold me back from jumping on a used pair of something in Ravello. 




Oh and these McAllisters have barely creased today, has me feeling like Mike. The strands creased on the first step trying them on yesterday haha
I agree. They are spectacular.

My 8D Cambridge are my oldest shell shoes and probably have the most wear and there isn't a crease on them! LOL.
post #44782 of 70737
Don't know how you guys do it, my macneils creased haha but I embrace the creases

post #44783 of 70737
^^ HAHA It wasn't a choice. The 8D 5 last just fits me so well that there is no excess material to crease. Everything else I own is creased like hell.
post #44784 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burzan View Post

Seconds order arrived to Canada in record time! Ordered on Tuesday afternoon. SA threw in shoe bags as well.

The Brown Corodvan Strands look great for seconds, a slight dent on the heel of one. Little bit of poor pinking work on the toe and slight shade variation on one toe. Overall very happy with them for seconds pricing as I have seen many firsts with the complaint of the pinking.

The Truffle Cordovan McAllisters are beautiful and look great with the exception of one section, not sure what happened but it doesn't look great. That being said, I did state to Chris from the shoebank I was only concerned with toe issues, I am sticking to that with this pair as truffle cordovan is long gone so I will be keeping these. The issue is on the most discreet section of the shoe it could be and I think with some deerboning and a bit of polish I could hide it even further. I little bit of a pinking issue again on the back quarter of the shoe but it's small. Lots of bloom on these guys too.

They say that Truffle/Cappuccino cordovan are one in the same but these are far lighter compared to the Cappuccino Bayfields I have, which I am very excited about. This Truffle pair is as close as I am going to get to Walnut. I look forward to taking some better pictures of my whole AE cordovan collection.





Brown Cordovan Strand:
  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)














Truffle Cordovan McAllister:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)











It's been fun, but Burzan just won the Seconds Game. Pack up and head home, everybody.

In all seriousness, I would have no issue with the flaws that made these seconds and would absolutely purchase exact similar ones if they were available in my size.
post #44785 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElDave View Post

It's been fun, but Burzan just won the Seconds Game. Pack up and head home, everybody.

In all seriousness, I would have no issue with the flaws that made these seconds and would absolutely purchase exact similar ones if they were available in my size.
+1. These ARE my size, but I never checked out the shoe bank site until today. Oh well.
post #44786 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burzan View Post
 

Some of you might cringe at the thought of me wearing bals with jeans

 

post #44787 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post

^^ HAHA It wasn't a choice. The 8D 5 last just fits me so well that there is no excess material to crease. Everything else I own is creased like hell.

Haha duly noted
post #44788 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfnhalfnhalf View Post


I gave him a pass since he said he was breaking them in. I figured he wouldn't normally pair them with jeans, haha.
post #44789 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burzan View Post
 

Some of you might cringe at the thought of me wearing bals with jeans haha, but I really couldn't resist not cleaning the up last night and wearing them today. I was too excited to give them a go around the office.

 

 

The Strands I picked up are an 8D and fit like a glove, I bought these in an 8.5D and still fit extremely well. My first pair of AE a year ago was a walnut calf McAllister and they work so I knew the risk was minimal in sizing up. The 5 last fits me very well with my low vamp and narrow heel, it also fits me wider across the toes compared to the 1 last size for size. I think I will be buying more 5 last shoes in the future. Phenomenal shoe all around, loving the wheeled welt.

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

Good for you.

I for one am not completely opposed to wearing them with jeans.

My preference is to dark denim uncuffed if wearing the right bal.

post #44790 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by wonsmithr8 View Post

Don't know how you guys do it, my macneils creased haha but I embrace the creases

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post

^^ HAHA It wasn't a choice. The 8D 5 last just fits me so well that there is no excess material to crease. Everything else I own is creased like hell.

 

 

I am in the same boat as Tifosi, all of my shoes have quite a bit of creasing. This might be my lucky pair or something because they are even half a size too big so I can't even say its because they are a perfect fit. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElDave View Post


It's been fun, but Burzan just won the Seconds Game. Pack up and head home, everybody.

In all seriousness, I would have no issue with the flaws that made these seconds and would absolutely purchase exact similar ones if they were available in my size.

 

Thanks for the kind words, I got lucky seeing them on the new site so I have Allen Edmonds to thank for that. Now if I could only find a pair of Walnut cordovan Daltons haha... Maybe I can convince Ryden to sell me his pair one day

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfnhalfnhalf View Post
 

 

 

 

Hahaha, I don't plan to make a habit out of it.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkotsko View Post
 

Good for you.

I for one am not completely opposed to wearing them with jeans.

My preference is to dark denim uncuffed if wearing the right bal.

 

 

My next pair of denim I am going to have tailored to no break, that way It will look better and still can cuff with boots.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...