You should be cool.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 3/18/17 at 7:27pm in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Today at 10:32 am in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 2973post #44581 of 707375/23/14 at 10:37ampost #44582 of 707375/23/14 at 10:47ampost #44583 of 707375/23/14 at 10:53amQuote:Originally Posted by halfnhalfnhalf
Having only recently gotten my hands on a pair of the Independence, I have to say I would have a hard time going back to the "ordinary" AE calf. They are a significant upgrade IMO.
I know this in some ways defeats the purpose of the Independence, but I recently placed an MTO for a Rutledge in black shell. I wanted a black shell dress shoe and at the moment neither Alden nor Carmina have anything like what I'm looking for (don't know about C&J). And, the Rutledge last is comfy for me and looks sleek as hell. Of course, I will post specs and pics when they arrive.
Maybe slightly. I recall there being a black Rutledge in calf. However if you wanted shell then thats a mute point. And the upcharge isn't that great, especially if you wanted to play with a few other details. But kinda hard when its black. I have the standard black PAs, which were my first. And before I figured out the 5 last. So lately been thinking a black shell PA (2nd) might be nice. Then sell off my calf version. But then again I hardly wear black shoes.post #44584 of 707375/23/14 at 11:13amQuote:
+1. I have the Harrison in Walnut and am considering the Rutledge, as well. I have difficulty finding my size (14C) in other, higher-end brands and the Independence line seems like a nice bridge in a shoe that fits and which I can actually find. The higher-grade calfskin is wonderful and the lambskin lining is butter soft. They apparently don't carry C widths in the Independence line, but the Harrison fits me pretty well in D width becasue of the narrower 333 last.post #44585 of 707375/23/14 at 11:13ampost #44586 of 707375/23/14 at 11:15ampost #44587 of 707375/23/14 at 11:19am
I find that it feels that way. I'd a 9D in the Leeds and Dalton but a 8.5E in anything in the 5 last. I have a pair of RL Sandersons in a 9D (basically the same shoe) and it's not a terrible fit, but the toe hurts after a day of a lot of walking. If you can do 9D in the 5 last, you might be okay in the 2 last. Also, the independence lining and leather is soft enough where you any slight tightness isn't as noticeable.post #44588 of 707375/23/14 at 11:19ampost #44589 of 707375/23/14 at 12:20pmQuote:
+1. The taper on the outside of the shoe is more severe. So the top of your pinky may hit leather if you have longer toes.post #44590 of 707375/23/14 at 12:25pmQuote:
I recently got chili grain and agree that it is stiffer. I conditioned mine a couple of times and I feel they became a bit more supple. I use Lexol conditioner.
Or just wear thicker socks and break them in gently.
Good luck,post #44591 of 707375/23/14 at 12:26pmpost #44592 of 707375/23/14 at 12:38pmQuote:Originally Posted by peppercorn78
Shoe Pic (Click to show)
No help for you on the above question as I use Bickmore Gard More (per ColdIron's recommendation). My question for you, though...what's the main differences between this MTO and the navy Spiaggia?post #44593 of 707375/23/14 at 12:51pmQuote:
A) this one is in my correct size, which doesn't exist for Spiaggia. I have an 11 3E that's too big that I'm selling on eBay. I bought it before I was correctly sized on the 5 last. I like the shoe so much that I was waiting for a MacAllister sale to create a mock-up that fits me better.
B) I changed the lining color to red, and added a heel pad and half sock liner. The welt thread also is brown instead of white, but that was a mistake on their end. I'm fine with it.post #44594 of 707375/23/14 at 12:56pmpost #44595 of 707375/23/14 at 1:53pm
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 3 minutes ago
- › The Uniqlo Thread 3 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 6 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 7 minutes ago
- › Taylor Stitch - Official Affiliate Thread 11 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 12 minutes ago
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 13 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 13 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...