or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 2972  

post #44566 of 70737

I've never been a fan of the Independence line.  It's priced comparable to C&J and Carmina, but without any of the refinement or eye pleasing lasts.

post #44567 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Shoes1 View Post

I've never been a fan of the Independence line.  It's priced comparable to C&J and Carmina, but without any of the refinement or eye pleasing lasts.

My foot's too wide for Carmina, and all but the clunkiest CJ RTW lasts. frown.gif
post #44568 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by csmitty View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by peppercorn78 View Post



I wonder what the sales data look like for these models. With the exception of the Rutledge, all of the Indy models look similar to shoes in the regular line. Perhaps not enough customers are opting for the "upgraded" models, and AE is planning on introducing Indy line shoes that are designed differently from their other, less expensive offerings

 



When I was talking with my Outlet SA a few weeks ago about a walnut Rutledge he said they were planning on redoing the independence line. He just wasn't sure when. Seems like its starting to take shape.

Just hope it transfers over to 2nds as well. For the walnut Rutledge the 1st and 2nd are basically the same price. Though it seems the black Harrison is now cheaper. It was significantly higher than the brown. Probably because of the formality making it more popular. My SA said they can sell the crap of the walnut Rutledge at the 330 price, vs when the brown was 229 and he would sell it at 125 since it was a closeout. Why I didn't get them I still don't know.

 

I would snatch a pair in each color of Rutledge and Williams at $125. 

 

This looks like it might be a good time for me to upgrade my RL Sandersons for the Williams instead of re heeling them :stirpot:

post #44569 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by peppercorn78 View Post


My foot's too wide for Carmina, and all but the clunkiest CJ RTW lasts. frown.gif

 

My foot is too wide for C&J, but I find Forest, Rain and Inca work for me.  And, if they didn't, Carmina also offers extra wide versions of Forest and Rain.

post #44570 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Shoes1 View Post

My foot is too wide for C&J, but I find Forest, Rain and Inca work for me.  And, if they didn't, Carmina also offers extra wide versions of Forest and Rain.

Hmmm. Perhaps I was given incorrect intel. Trouble is finding a place to get fitted correctly with an odd width before placing an international order.

And also, I'm kinda all set with my dress shoe rotation for awhile....
post #44571 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWTeal View Post

 

I would snatch a pair in each color of Rutledge and Williams at $125. 

 

This looks like it might be a good time for me to upgrade my RL Sandersons for the Williams instead of re heeling them " src="http://files.styleforum.net/images/smilies/stirpot.gif">

 



It was only the brown Rutledge, not the walnut. Though I wouldn't have 2nd guessed the walnut at 125. Still wish I had gotten that brown. But then the brown shell Jefferson's came along. So that would probably be my go to brown anyways.
post #44572 of 70737
I hope everyone has a great Memorial Day weekend! Remember all gave some and some gave all...

post #44573 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by peppercorn78 View Post


Hmmm. Perhaps I was given incorrect intel. Trouble is finding a place to get fitted correctly with an odd width before placing an international order.

And also, I'm kinda all set with my dress shoe rotation for awhile....

 

I would order from @steveyoo1983  at Gentlemen's Footwear.  U.S. based with free shipping and he can help you get your size nailed down.

post #44574 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by csmitty View Post
 
When I was talking with my Outlet SA a few weeks ago about a walnut Rutledge he said they were planning on redoing the independence line.

 

Having only recently gotten my hands on a pair of the Independence, I have to say I would have a hard time going back to the "ordinary" AE calf.  They are a significant upgrade IMO.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Shoes1 View Post
 

I've never been a fan of the Independence line.  It's priced comparable to C&J and Carmina, but without any of the refinement or eye pleasing lasts.

 

I know this in some ways defeats the purpose of the Independence, but I recently placed an MTO for a Rutledge in black shell.  I wanted a black shell dress shoe and at the moment neither Alden nor Carmina have anything like what I'm looking for (don't know about C&J).  And, the Rutledge last is comfy for me and looks sleek as hell.  Of course, I will post specs and pics when they arrive.

post #44575 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Shoes1 View Post

 

I would order from @steveyoo1983  at Gentlemen's Footwear.  U.S. based with free shipping and he can help you get your size nailed down.

 



+1, especially if you live in the States.

He's a pleasure to work with and Carmina does carry some wider lasts such as the Inca last. While AE is still my favorite brand, I think you would appreciate the offerings from Carmina.
post #44576 of 70737

In somewhat related news, I learned how to put classifieds in my signature.

post #44577 of 70737

i have ordered a pair of Woodstock (Chili) from the factory second at usd149 (reduced from 275)

eager to get it

OMG

post #44578 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by JezeC View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Shoes1 View Post

 

I would order from @steveyoo1983  at Gentlemen's Footwear.  U.S. based with free shipping and he can help you get your size nailed down.

 



+1, especially if you live in the States.

He's a pleasure to work with and Carmina does carry some wider lasts such as the Inca last. While AE is still my favorite brand, I think you would appreciate the offerings from Carmina.

Thanks. The next time I need something dressy, I'll sound him out. That may not be for a while, though. Got the family out for some TLC this morning. Right feet only.



Long Branch, Shaker Heights MTO, MacTavish, MacAllister MTO, Jefferson, Neumora, Kenilworth MTO, Park Ave, Strand, Regent Street, Rutledge.
post #44579 of 70737

Today feels like a saddle kind of day . . .

 

post #44580 of 70737
Just took the plunge on the Williams in 9D. Hopefully that fits.

I'm pretty much a 9d in the leeds, pa, 5th ave, mcallisterm, dundees
Edited by JezeC - 5/23/14 at 10:47am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...