Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 1/2/17 at 4:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Yesterday at 5:04 pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 2952post #44266 of 707375/13/14 at 5:56pmpost #44267 of 707375/13/14 at 5:59pmpost #44268 of 707375/13/14 at 6:16pmpost #44269 of 707375/13/14 at 6:27pmpost #44270 of 707375/13/14 at 6:29pmpost #44271 of 707375/13/14 at 6:40pmpost #44272 of 707375/13/14 at 7:38pmQuote:Originally Posted by evolved
Quote:Originally Posted by YoungSweet
Just notice these sandals on the website. Not sure if I would spend that much
Here is the Walnut. Hopefully no one will wear these with their Navy suits.
Hopefully no one will wear those period!
Not Safe For the Worldpost #44273 of 707375/13/14 at 8:01pmpost #44274 of 707375/13/14 at 8:03pmpost #44275 of 707375/13/14 at 8:44pmpost #44276 of 707375/13/14 at 10:44pm
First post after being an onlooker for a while: Looks like the Rutledge's can be had at the shoebank for $229 in black and brown if they are available in your size. Pretty good deal, I think?
Please someone get them in my size (7E) before my wallet hurts even more!post #44277 of 707375/13/14 at 11:20pmQuote:They are here. So I was able to scare up a troll-like poster (and his minions) a couple weeks ago...but to trash my bourbon with navy combo. Hilarious and sad exchange simultaneously. A couple of regulars attempted to curb his enthusiasm for sharing his 'knowledge' with heavily colored disparaging commentary, to no avail.Originally Posted by New Shoes1
Out of curiosity, is there anyone who regularly posts in this thread that has strong negative feelings about wearing navy with walnut? While I can think of posters in other threads, I can't think of anyone in this thread that cares enough to criticize another poster wearing this combo.
I guess, once some folks subscribe to a lifestyle blog, they are compelled to ASSIST the urchins (like myself) with no sense of style, or knowledge of themselves. I joked about it, thanked him for the help (tongue firmly planted in cheek), and ignored any further commentary... as I will continue to do in similar situations. I would, however, be much more deliberate if posting on WAYWT as a result.
My work environment...hell, my life... allows for a range of styles to be worn, so CBD is just a small part of my repertoire. Also, being in awesome physical shape is part of MY style, so that my clothes fit with very minor tweaks,and look like a million bucks on me - even the inexpensive ones. Hmmm....I almost never see awesome CBD on the tubs of lard lumbering through my city's central business district. But this is not just about shoes, or shoe/suit combos, amounts spent or saved, or how many months you've spent on the net being an ass hat to feel better about yourself; SHARE YOUR LIKES AND DISLIKES WITH SOME CLASS (because decorum is also a part of your style, which many lack) AND MOVE ON.
Now, I know that my position may not be popular, and that I am no authority on the finer points of CBD, but if I find myself in that work environment, I WOULD LOVE TO BE REFORMED...
Until then, I'll work to improve my looks, in my way, using my means...soliciting the opinions of those I respect along the way.post #44278 of 707375/14/14 at 12:29amQuote:Originally Posted by Indyoshi68
Be careful, guys; I've heard that it's not considered "rocking it" in that color combo. And so, to that end:
ROCKING WALNUT AND NAVY (sport coat in tow) AGAINST ALL SUGGESTIONS TO THE CONTRARY!!! My socks say its okay. I think we all look just fine...Good job, gents. :-P
Besides the beautiful color of the shoe, I love the beautiful contrast of socks. What brand are those socks?post #44279 of 707375/14/14 at 1:06amNew Chili Grain Park Aves just in from the MTO program
More pics and specs over here:
http://www.styleforum.net/t/381983/the-allen-edmonds-mto-thread/900#post_7134450post #44280 of 707375/14/14 at 3:39am
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 33 seconds ago
- › Tom Ford Suit - Filleted and Gutted 1 minute ago
- › Obama's Unravelling 1 minute ago
- › Hypothetically speaking you could buy an existing set of clothing... 5 minutes ago
- › MC General Chat 6 minutes ago
- › Nicholas Templeman: A Bespoke Shoemaker 7 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 8 minutes ago
- › Enzo Bonafe Handmade Shoes. 9 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 10 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...