or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 2942  

post #44116 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loucks View Post

That was my supposition, Kahuna75,but I had hoped someone had a formula or the like. The ball of my foot rests slightly behind where it should in the 10.5, I'm just concerned about the instep being too low with the 3/4 length Superfeet I wear. In a blucher it would matter less, but the shoe in question is a merlot McAllister v-tread I bought during the last sale. Fantastic shoe, just not sized quite right.

Thanks though. I'm going to exchange for the 10EEE. At this point I occasionally find myself shopping cheap flights to Chicago for the sole purpose of having a "master fitter" finally help me figure out what my sizes are once and for all. I'm incredibly jealous of those of you who were blessed with normal arches/pronation.

The McAllister and the Strand are similar for me in that I went from 13D to 13E down to 12 eee with the 12eee being perfect...that was an eye opener for me.

 

Also just got the postcard for the May 12th seconds sale 15-30% off.

post #44117 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahuna75 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahuna75 View Post

 
Well I finally got my first pair of "I can not believe they sent these out's" my MacNeil 5's Cognac arrived and while all of the mistakes on their own are minor...the grand total of them is just ridiculous for firsts...and what is perplexing is that being Webgems you would think they would put their best shoe makers on them to avoid seconds, returns etc so they do not have them lingering around.

I will post pictures later but misalined lace area, off center point on the cap...crooked stitching on the point of the cap...odd smudging, crushed welting, space between heel and sole, loose stitching, bowing in the ankle area eessh...honestly I do not believe there is any discount they could give to have me keep them.

The shoe looks good though sans the errors. Though this is by far the widest shoe I have on the 65 last . Question will really be if I like the Rush St more or the MacNeil 5 more...Color is virtually identical to Rush St.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)



Crushed Welt - Seperation from heal to sole




Loose Stitching in two places and mis stitch pattern in key spot




Crushed welt and heel to sole separation







Odd blotch spot in same area on both shoes




Uneven  lace area




Off center cap or lace area on left foot. Right foot crooked lace but center cap




Two huge ripples on inner liner that is not present on the other shoe

That's a bummer on those MacNeil 5's. You should definitely return them for another pair. They should also offer you some sort of discount for the trouble.

This doesn't give me any confidence about the pair of MacNeil 5's I ordered. I emailed them today about my order (they were supposed to ship by 5/9) and was told that they should have it complete next week. Hopefully the Q.C. is up to par, but I guess I'll brace for disappointment.
post #44118 of 70737

My second MTOs have arrived. Sticking with the suede theme, I went with Janus (olive) suede Lake Shore Drives. A perfect spring/summer shoe if you ask me. 

 

post #44119 of 70737
So I was browsing ebay and came across these.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ALLEN-EDMONDS-BLACK-WALNUT-DALTON-DRESS-BOOTS-SHOES-IN-12D-WIDTH-/131183415586?pt=US_Men_s_Shoes&hash=item1e8b241122

Not quite sure what to make of them. They remind me of those Times Square shoes but don't remember there being Daltons. Unless it was a MTO. But can't imagine that. Seems to be patent leather with contrast stitching to me. Also however there are no pics showing AE name on them. But it is a good seller it looks like.
post #44120 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by jch1 View Post

My second MTOs have arrived. Sticking with the suede theme, I went with Janus (olive) suede Lake Shore Drives. A perfect spring/summer shoe if you ask me. 



These are fantastic!
post #44121 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by csmitty View Post

So I was browsing ebay and came across these.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ALLEN-EDMONDS-BLACK-WALNUT-DALTON-DRESS-BOOTS-SHOES-IN-12D-WIDTH-/131183415586?pt=US_Men_s_Shoes&hash=item1e8b241122

Not quite sure what to make of them. They remind me of those Times Square shoes but don't remember there being Daltons. Unless it was a MTO. But can't imagine that. Seems to be patent leather with contrast stitching to me. Also however there are no pics showing AE name on them. But it is a good seller it looks like.

I saw this a couple days ago. There is AE written on the sole. They are odd though.

post #44122 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by BolognaFingers View Post

I saw this a couple days ago. There is AE written on the sole. They are odd though.

 



Yea your right. I didn't see the arrow for more pictures. Def. AE's it looks like.
post #44123 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by BolognaFingers View Post

I saw this a couple days ago. There is AE written on the sole. They are odd though.

Are those the Dalton in black patent leather?! What an incredibly weird boot!
post #44124 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoit1981 View Post


Are those the Dalton in black patent leather?! What an incredibly ugly boot!

 

FTFY

post #44125 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gianni Cerutti View Post

Cool .. very cool ... but really are socks for cycling? The aesthetic result is really great. Compliments.

Ty sir!
post #44126 of 70737
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahuna75 View Post




Crushed Welt - Seperation from heal to sole




Loose Stitching in two places and mis stitch pattern in key spot




Crushed welt and heel to sole separation







Odd blotch spot in same area on both shoes




Uneven  lace area




Off center cap or lace area on left foot. Right foot crooked lace but center cap




Two huge ripples on inner liner that is not present on the other shoe

Yikes hope my macneils don't show up like that. I'll see when I get home today after work
post #44127 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2breformed View Post

FTFY

What would you wear those bad boys with?
post #44128 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by peppercorn78 View Post


What would you wear those bad boys with?

 

A tux???? 

post #44129 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungSweet View Post

A tux???? 
post #44130 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by peppercorn78 View Post


What would you wear those bad boys with?


To be clear, I would NOT wear those bad boys. They are inherently too abominable to overcome.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...