or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 2939  

post #44071 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusttruffle View Post

How would you describe the 8d barrie vs 8,5D leeds fit?

The taper to the toe area of the 1-last cramps my toes and the area by the ball of the foot is also quite snug. However, the overall snugness of the 1-last has resulted in an excellent symmetry of the rolls between the left and right shoe.
My foot is much better suited to the Barrie last.
post #44072 of 70737

Some interesting designs coming out of the Allen Edmonds + Parsons collab this year.  The winning design will be offered as a webgem.  I personally like both The Bleecker Street and The Wright.

 

http://www.allenedmonds.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ParsonView?langId=-1&catalogId=40000000001

 

post #44073 of 70737

I need a better picture of the Frontier...can not really see what the side material is...I nearly MTO's a burgundy/black Dalton so I kind of like that...The Wright is very cool too and the only hold up on that one I think would be for people wearing in multiple times a week I would be concerned about the look the stitch goes through. In my rotation it would be fine getting worn a few times a month.

post #44074 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by sazon View Post

Stunning! Congrats!

Thanks sazon!
post #44075 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJTraveler View Post
 

Some interesting designs coming out of the Allen Edmonds + Parsons collab this year.  The winning design will be offered as a webgem.  I personally like both The Bleecker Street and The Wright.

 

http://www.allenedmonds.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ParsonView?langId=-1&catalogId=40000000001

 

if you click through, you can see the student's presentations which include lots concept designs and variations of the eventual submission:

 

http://content.allenedmonds.com/pdf/Parsons_MichelleBrown.pdf

 

http://content.allenedmonds.com/pdf/Parsons_ElizabethGordon.pdf

 

http://content.allenedmonds.com/pdf/Parsons_Rheza.pdf

 

http://content.allenedmonds.com/pdf/Parsons_HannahSmith.pdf

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kahuna75 View Post
 

I need a better picture of the Frontier...can not really see what the side material is...I nearly MTO's a burgundy/black Dalton so I kind of like that...The Wright is very cool too and the only hold up on that one I think would be for people wearing in multiple times a week I would be concerned about the look the stitch goes through. In my rotation it would be fine getting worn a few times a month.

 

she says its salmon leather

post #44076 of 70737

having watched the video's the Wright I think would have looked very cool done in the original drawing..it almost seemed like AE was going to take whatever they designed and then just fit it to an existing shoe...I really liked that stained glass design he had for the full lacing. He does say just because it is on paper does not mean you can do it in the shoe...which in my mind is saying some old designer at AE said it has to be a certain way and that is that...

 

The Sprata seems like a darkhorse to win...again another one where the design was more monkstrap that stitched on piece of leather over a loafer.

 

Any way very cool project I would buy whichever shoe wins just to support a cool thing like this.

post #44077 of 70737
These designs are pretty cool.  I personally like the Bleecker St.  

Here is the big question for AE:  DO WE HAVE A VOTE?
post #44078 of 70737
That Bleeker St is pretty hot.
post #44079 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungSweet View Post
 

 

Yeah good point...I thought that was a given...LOL

 

I mean they could control the vote by just emailing the ballot to existing AE customers so one of the designers with Social Media skills would not run away with it.

post #44080 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahuna75 View Post
 

 

Yeah good point...I thought that was a given...LOL

 

I mean they could control the vote by just emailing the ballot to existing AE customers so one of the designers with Social Media skills would not run away with it.

 

Not trying to American Idol'ized the process but I think AE can really get some publicity from this and I think the applicants can get more recognition for their work.  Crow voting can be counted as a criteria when grading these models.

 

PS.  Paul-if you reading this, PM me and I'll consult you, the cost will be a pair of the winning shoes. :slayer: 

post #44081 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackInTheJox View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWTeal View Post
 

I'll make a statement that might be controversial: I think the Park Avenues are overrated.

 

The cap is very short and I think there are better options for a shoe that doesn't get worn very often by most. I have two pairs, black and burgundy shell, and I wish I had gone a different route for the black pair. The burgundy shell is at least more interesting in color and I got them from Nordstrom Rack for a steal . 

 

I second @random-adam in that the black plain-toe is a great alternative. The Carlyle would definitely do the trick and it's on a more attractive last. 

 

I'm with you here.  For as infrequent as I need a black cap-toe shoe (or similar), it would make no sense for me to buy a pair of PAs, really.  My Johnston & Murphy Meltons I got in used-but-awesome condition on ebay for $30 do the trick perfectly, and the price was great.

 

To be fair, though, I splurged a bit on a pair of black plain toe shoes by To Boot New York for my wedding to wear with my tux:

 

 

 

I got them for >50% off, though, which was nice.  And I prefer their look to the PA with the tiny cap toe.  These shoes went perfectly with my tux.  I would've definitely considered the AE Carlyle, as it's a similar style on my favorite last (108).  Unfortunately it didn't exist then.

 

Where did you find the deal on the To Boot's? I love their style.

post #44082 of 70737

So the first time I wore my Mora's out they were the loudest squeaky shoe I have ever heard. It was pretty embarrassing walking around the office. I put some conditioner on but somehow the left shoe is still squeaky. Not as loud as before but pretty loud. Any suggestions? Or is the only way to walk around the house until they break in because I definitely do not want to walk in the office with the noise they make.  

post #44083 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrispy650 View Post

So the first time I wore my Mora's out they were the loudest squeaky shoe I have ever heard. It was pretty embarrassing walking around the office. I put some conditioner on but somehow the left shoe is still squeaky. Not as loud as before but pretty loud. Any suggestions? Or is the only way to walk around the house until they break in because I definitely do not want to walk in the office with the noise they make.  

Some folks sprinkle some talc under the strap, others put a thin piece of felt.

I embrace the squeak.

wink.gif
post #44084 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrispy650 View Post
 

So the first time I wore my Mora's out they were the loudest squeaky shoe I have ever heard. It was pretty embarrassing walking around the office. I put some conditioner on but somehow the left shoe is still squeaky. Not as loud as before but pretty loud. Any suggestions? Or is the only way to walk around the house until they break in because I definitely do not want to walk in the office with the noise they make.  

 

I too am of the one squeaky Mora 2 shoe after leather lotion...I applied a second round of lotion and now the queek is way less..I did everything with the lotions inside outside all over...

post #44085 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by peppercorn78 View Post



Some folks sprinkle some talc under the strap, others put a thin piece of felt.



I embrace the squeak.



wink.gif

 



I have another pair of shoes that does this - a blucher. There appears to be some friction at around the tonue area. Do I just sprinkle some talc onto the tongue?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...