Gents, I'm a newbie here and I was hoping to tap into your expertise for some advice. I am looking to round out my dress shoe rotation. Here are the shoes I already have:
- Black Park Ave
- Black Grain MacNeil
- Walnut Strands
- Walnut Grain Park Ave (would like to sell these)
- Merlot McAllister
- Chili Dalton
- (I also have Cole Haan single monk strap shoes in a walnut shade)
In my mind, the glaring omission is a dark brown blucher. Indeed, I think I made a big oversight by buying lighter brown shades while neglecting the much more versatile dark brown. At first I thought about getting Mora 2.0s during the Anniversary Sale, but, as described below, the 8 last does not fit me well, and I had to take a pass. So I think blucher is the way to go. Everything points me toward the Kenilworth in dark brown. I think the Kenilworth in dark brown would be the final piece to round out my dress shoe rotation and would fit in flawlessly with my existing wardrobe. I like the 5 last and it would be something I could wear it 2-3 per week - a real workhorse shoe for me.
- I work in a fairly conservative environment and mainly wear business casual (on the dressier side of business casual, if such a thing exists) or suits (a few times a month)
- I wear beater shoes for the commute and change into dress shoes at work, so I do not necessarily need something with a tap sole
- I do not want "casual" AE shoes (Neumok, etc.), when I dress casually I wear sneakers or boots (have pairs of Wolverine 1000 Miles and Fryes)
- I do not want another cap toe, so the Lexington is out
- The 8 last does not work for me (so, sadly, Clifton and Mora 2.0 are no goes)
- I do not care for suede shoes, and do not see them as a good fit with my style/wardrobe...I'm sure that's sacrilege around these parts, so please bear with me
If you have read this far: thanks. In light of the above, do you agree that getting a dark brown blucher is the next shoe I should purchase? If so, is the dark brown Kenilworth the way to go? Am I missing a better option (for example, Leeds)? Does the Leeds even have a non-custom dark brown option? I would love to hear thoughts from you guys. Thanks so much in advance!