or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 2898  

post #43456 of 70737

Regarding the MTO program, is there an upcharge to switch to the dainite sole over the v-tap on the sale mcallisters?

post #43457 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by colonelk2 View Post

Well guys, I dun goofed.

I didn't like the caramel skin colored color of my boarhide chukkas, so I took some dark brown polish to em.

I suck at polishing and thus there are uneven patches and places where it hasnt polished.

Any tips? Does this new brown color look like crap? Can i possibly remove the polish? Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)




It's a casual shoe ... so not a disaster.
Another go around with the polish will darken it further and even it out.
post #43458 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJTraveler View Post
 

Sporting my chili Manhattan whole cuts today.  WIth all the posts on chili today, thought I'd add my own contribution :)

 

 

I love this shoe! When did they stop making it? I'd give a pretty penny for a black pair.

post #43459 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by OptoDoc View Post
 

 

I love this shoe! When did they stop making it? I'd give a pretty penny for a black pair.

 

OptoDoc, this is one of the zero last shoes that everyone loves and questions why AE ever stopped making them.  Evanston, Soho, Manhattan . . .

post #43460 of 70737

I just received the Shoe Bank seconds belt list (size 34) and they have an older model Wide Basic Dress Belt for $39 and the current one for $79. Does anyone know the main differences between the two? All Kristle could tell me is that she thinks the older one is shinier.

post #43461 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Shoes1 View Post
Evanston, Soho, Manhattan . . .

 

I've loved the look of all of these :confused:

post #43462 of 70737

My MTO Eagle County's are being held at FedEx. This will be a loooong day as I wait to see if they are as beautiful as I pictured them.

 

We can still do MTOs on sale priced shoes, but no longer on clearance priced shoes...correct? I'd love to make a casual shoe (golden or natural CXL with a rubber sole) out of the Lexington.

post #43463 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElDave View Post


I'm curious - because I tend to be very strict in the "dark bals with suits" idea - which of these two rule-breaking scenarios is preferable?

A) walnut or bourbon bal
B) black loafer

 

Great, which iniquity is preferable to commit? :P

 

In all honesty, I would find a black loafer pretty much completely useless. I tend to only wear black shoes with monochrome outfits and/or formal outfits. Since a formal outfit is automatically out for a loafer, you are left with very monochrome casual outfits with which it can be worn. Your pants would pretty much HAVE to be mid to charcoal gray so as to have a proper contrast with the shoes. Then you are stuck with a light gray jacket for the top (MAYBE cream), your shirt will pretty much have to be a white OCBD worn open collar or with a black knit tie. That's about it.

 

EVERYWHERE that a black loafer will work a black Mora 2.0 will work better IMO. Additionally it is more versatile all around and could be worn with a very casual suit or a smart monochrome odd jacket combo where loafers wouldn't feel right. (Which is precisely why I bought one in the last sale ^_^)

 

Compare that to a walnut or bourbon bal. It's primary use would be to wear it with a casual light gray suit. They are like best friends. Additionally, if you don't mind the super contrast you COULD wear it with a very casual navy suit (just don't tell me about it. :P). Finally if were feeling like a REAL rebel, they could be worn with a very dressy (city) odd jacket combo. Very sharp Blue blazer up top and mid to light gray trousers on the bottom.

 

 

TL;DR: A) walnut or bourbon bal

post #43464 of 70737

So my question is this..if Black shoes seem to go with virtually nothing why is it such a common shoe? Is this anti black pants or black shoes just something of a fad like hopefully rolling up ones pants? :)

 

Is the no black shoes thing just for suits? 

 

 

On to a different question - If you had to pick a shoe to have made in blue suede what would it be? I am in the process of trying to get a correct Spiaggia fitting blue suede and so far have not been a fan of the Gumlite sole or the odd golf ball heel lump on two so far - I will deal with it if I can get the below shoe for the $125 price that I paid. That being said if I can not I would like to get a blue suede made up and was curious what the thoughts were... I certainly could do a McCallister MTO with a red or black Dainite sole - I think going to the jefferson is overkill.  Any thoughts on a Lexington done in blue suede...not limited to sale items either.

 

post #43465 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by OptoDoc View Post

My MTO Eagle County's are being held at FedEx. This will be a loooong day as I wait to see if they are as beautiful as I pictured them.

We can still do MTOs on sale priced shoes, but no longer on clearance priced shoes...correct? I'd love to make a casual shoe (golden or natural CXL with a rubber sole) out of the Lexington.

Yep correct!
post #43466 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahuna75 View Post




I just so happen to be wearing my Spiaggias for casual Friday. No heel lumps here.
post #43467 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahuna75 View Post

On to a different question - If you had to pick a shoe to have made in blue suede what would it be? I am in the process of trying to get a correct Spiaggia fitting blue suede and so far have not been a fan of the Gumlite sole or the odd golf ball heel lump on two so far - I will deal with it if I can get the below shoe for the $125 price that I paid. That being said if I can not I would like to get a blue suede made up and was curious what the thoughts were... I certainly could do a McCallister MTO with a red or black Dainite sole - I think going to the jefferson is overkill.  Any thoughts on a Lexington done in blue suede...not limited to sale items either.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


I own a pair of navy suede Alden PTB's that I like very much. I think a pair of Kenilworth (or Leeds, if you prefer the 1-last) made up with navy suede would look pretty good. I guess the Lexington should look pretty close as well, and may be the preferable option with the sale going on now.

A pair of navy suede Strands or McCallister MTO should be nice too. Navy suede Strand would probably look similar to this pair of Aldens:
post #43468 of 70737

The navy suede strands are nice. I own a pair!

post #43469 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridethecliche View Post
 

The navy suede strands are nice. I own a pair!

 

Leather sole? or did you selected a different option.

post #43470 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacktasticGDogg View Post


I own a pair of navy suede Alden PTB's that I like very much. I think a pair of Kenilworth (or Leeds, if you prefer the 1-last) made up with navy suede would look pretty good. I guess the Lexington should look pretty close as well, and may be the preferable option with the sale going on now.

A pair of navy suede Strands or McCallister MTO should be nice too. Navy suede Strand would probably look similar to this pair of Aldens 

 

Standmok:

 

 

 

Webgem:

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...