Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on Today at 7:47 pm in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Today at 6:23 pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 2878post #43156 of 707374/21/14 at 6:35pmpost #43157 of 707374/21/14 at 6:43pmQuote:Originally Posted by kmdsimpson
Completely agree with this. You really need a black plain captoe oxford for formal and business suit occasions. I just purchased the Lexington and am a big fan, but it's a blucher; you would still have the hole in your collection. I prefer the captoe on the Lexington, but the choice is oxford vs. blucher, and oxford wins for suits.
Okay, Park Avenue it is. And if I can find seconds PAs in shell at $299, I wouldn't jump on them. I would dive headfirst. I'll wait for them to be on sale, like GOP Shoe Guy suggested. The black PAs are a hole, but not a need atm. No formal events or meetings coming up in the near future. Thanks, guys.post #43158 of 707374/21/14 at 6:45pmpost #43159 of 707374/21/14 at 7:19pmQuote:Originally Posted by devastitis
Okay, Park Avenue it is. And if I can find seconds PAs in shell at $299, I wouldn't jump on them. I would dive headfirst. I'll wait for them to be on sale, like GOP Shoe Guy suggested. The black PAs are a hole, but not a need atm. No formal events or meetings coming up in the near future. Thanks, guys.
I got my black shell PA a few weeks ago at the last $299 sale. I also got #8 shell Leeds a week later for the same price.post #43160 of 707374/21/14 at 7:21pmpost #43161 of 707374/21/14 at 7:40pmpost #43162 of 707374/21/14 at 7:41pmQuote:
I forgot to mention that I am also an 11.5E in the Dalton and Long Branch (1 last). I'm torn. I might just have to take a trip into Manhattan to try these on. Also, any opinions from anyone on the black grain leather? It doesn't look too impressive on the BB site, but I feel that it may look better in person. These are firsts at a price that is normally less than Macneil seconds, and I believe this one of the models AE never puts on sale because they simply don't need to.post #43163 of 707374/21/14 at 7:58pmpost #43164 of 707374/21/14 at 8:43pm
Thank you to all that replied to my previous post regarding the Lexington shoes. As a quick recap, my current wardrobe is as follows: Chinos in blue, navy, gray, khaki, and olive. All button up shirts from Brooks Brothers. I wear business casual to work.
So here is my dilemma...I currently have no nice shoes and on a whim I purchased a pair or black Park Aves but quickly realized that these shoes are far too formal for my attire. So I'm thinking of returning them and purchasing the following:
Black Lexington shoes for business casual and for wearing with a suit (it seems like the Lexingtons are able to pull both functions off pretty well vs. the Park Aves which seem strictly formal) and a matching belt.
Bourbon Lexington shoes for business casual (I'm not 100% firm on this color, but it seems the most versatile for my color of pants, what do you think?) and a matching belt.
Brown pair of loafers for business casual, maybe the Randolph? (I'm undecided on which one so I'm open to suggestions).
Now I know it's probably not the wisest decision to start a shoe collection with the same shoe in different colors, but the Lexington in black seems very versatile and will get worn much more often than the park aves. Additionally, the bourbon color seems different enough to justify being put in rotation.
Now from reading the forum, I know the typical recommendations are for some Strands or McAllisters, but I personally do not like the brogue detailing. Maybe I will grow into liking them in the future, but for right now I very much like the simple look of captoes. I also considered the Ashtons but I don't like the middle stitching very much.
Anyway, what do you guys think of these shoes as a collection for business casual with the occasional gray suit for funerals, weddings, and interviews (black Lexington for all these)?post #43165 of 707374/21/14 at 8:46pmpost #43166 of 707374/21/14 at 8:53pmI prefer brown for shoes with simpler design. I think Mora is pretty clean cut. Bourbon is lighter and I think it shows brogue shoe like McAllister better.Quote:
Edited by Spiker - 4/21/14 at 9:13pmpost #43167 of 707374/21/14 at 9:07pmpost #43168 of 707374/21/14 at 9:14pmpost #43169 of 707374/21/14 at 9:34pmQuote:
Also getting mora 2.0 seconds in bourbon. Once i get it ill post pics asap. Ordered on friday
Want to know this too so i know what to expect on minepost #43170 of 707374/21/14 at 9:36pm
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › Allen Edmonds MacNeil #8 Burgundy Shell Cordovan US8.5E 8 minutes ago
- › RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine 10 minutes ago
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here... 11 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 12 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 13 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 17 minutes ago
- › J FitzPatrick Appreciation Thread 17 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 20 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 36 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing,... 39 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...