I know they have chili and brown. No walnut. They have different chili's too. I got the one used int the Sanibel. Grain is smaller. Looks like Scotch Grain. The leather is a bit thin. But so far no issue with it.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 10/11/16 at 8:29am in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on 10/21/16 at 7:25pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 2873post #43081 of 707374/20/14 at 9:18pmpost #43082 of 707374/20/14 at 9:41pmpost #43083 of 707374/20/14 at 10:56pmQuote:Originally Posted by kazcpa
"~~Hi Guys. Long time lurker, first time poster. I recently tried a couple pairs of Allen Edmonds McAllister wingtips, one purchased online, and one from the San Francisco AE store. Overall I was disappointed enough to return both pairs. My foot measures right between 11 and 11.5, and also right between medium and wide, so finding the proper size on that long narrow last was tricky. The SA and I decided that the 11D was sized the best, although it was tight, and I proceeded to take the shoes home. The two problems I immediately had was that the shoes were horrendously uncomfortable (not just tight but stiff), and the leather on the sides of the shoes "winged" out just while I was standing there. Going to a wide size gave me TOO much width, and the leather did the same thing. In addition, on one of the pairs the upper wasn't even stitched to the sole symmetrically on each shoe! Now, I'm certainly not as knowledgeable as many of you, but am also not a total shoe noob, having several pairs of Ferragamo, Gucci, Magli...ect, and this is the only time I have run into this "winging" problem, and certainly the most uncomfortable a new show of any type has been. In fact, when returning the shoes, I purposely wore a pair of Ferragamo Tramezza shoes to illustrate how that pair kept it's shape, which was possibly not a fair comparison given the price point difference, but it IS Allen Edmonds who touts their fine construction after all, so fair enough. To AE's credit, their sales staff was a pleasure to work with, and agreed that the shoe should not be performing like it did. I received a full refund. Now to my question. I REALLY want to like AE, but all the styles I enjoy are built on the 65 last, which just may not fit my foot well. However, regardless of which last, I came away from my first experience with AE disappointed in the quality of the shoes in general. Your "Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread" though has thousands of posts, seemingly from dozens of fans, but is their quality on par with what it once was, or has it gone markedly south?"
I had a similar issue with the AE sizing on the 65 last. I had originally purchased the Park Avenues in 7.5E from the Michigan store after being measured by the sales rep. They were very tight width wise, but the rep said they would break in after a dozen or so wears. They loosened up a little, but never felt comfortable or "right". I called AE customer service, and was set on exchanging them for a pair of 7.5EE, but the AE phone rep talked me out of it, and recommended 8E instead. Here is the way she explained the sizing to me:
~~the size increases in length 1/6th of an inch and ¼ quarter of an inch in width each half size. If you just change the width and stay in the same length, the width changes 3/16th of an inch in both the toe box and the heel.
I found that by moving up to the 8E, I was able to get adequate side and toe box relief, while still having a good, snug fit in the heel. Might be worth a shot to try on a pair of 11.5D in your case to see if that helps the fit. The pair you purchased was clearly way too tight, which probably contributed to the winging issues you were having.
Thanks for the suggestion. I do really like the look of the Mcallister, so maybe I will give a go to a 11.5D.post #43084 of 707374/21/14 at 3:51ampost #43085 of 707374/21/14 at 5:00ampost #43086 of 707374/21/14 at 5:49amQuote:
Must be 0. I aked her this about a month ago and never got a response. I guess that means zero...haha.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Just for you, Rydenpost #43087 of 707374/21/14 at 5:52am
So I am considering unloading my 744 LTDs. (8.5D)
Just got them back from recrafting.
AE resoled them after a few stitches came out of the welt.
They look amazing again.
I wore them for a few hours the other day to make sure the fit didn't change.Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
This is from a few weeks ago.post #43088 of 707374/21/14 at 5:52ampost #43089 of 707374/21/14 at 5:55ampost #43090 of 707374/21/14 at 5:55ampost #43091 of 707374/21/14 at 6:00ampost #43092 of 707374/21/14 at 6:05ampost #43093 of 707374/21/14 at 6:05ampost #43094 of 707374/21/14 at 6:06ampost #43095 of 707374/21/14 at 6:08am
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 1 minute ago
- › Edward Green GALWAY (10.5UK) 1 minute ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 4 minutes ago
- › Leather or rubber soles? 5 minutes ago
- › Enzo Bonafe Handmade Shoes. 5 minutes ago
- › The State of Black Tie: Your Observations 7 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 7 minutes ago
- › Iron Heart denim 8 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 12 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 14 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...