Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 1/2/17 at 4:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Today at 3:19 pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 2868post #43006 of 707374/18/14 at 11:49ampost #43007 of 707374/18/14 at 12:09pmI just went to my local AE to check out the Independence lineup. The leather on the Jeffersons is softer and not stiff by any means. It's more supple than AE's regular lineup. The premium leather is definitely better....I would presume there is very little break-in period with AE's premium leather.post #43008 of 707374/18/14 at 12:28pmQuote:Originally Posted by rc121
So I acquired a pair of bourbon Mora 2.0s in the recent shoe bank sale. I recall an issue being addressed previously but couldnt find how to remedy it.
They squeak pretty bad, I believe because the leather from the straps and the shoe underneath are rubbing together. Anyone able to fix it? Im assuming it will go away with wear but I can't wear them out with the amount of noise they make.
tiaQuote:Originally Posted by Kahuna75
Had mine on yesterday and it was like I had an orchestra playing then as the day wore on the heel got a little loose and that was making some whoopi cushion sounds...lol - Once I tightened the straps up another notch the heel noise went away. Normally I use AE leather lotion before wearing any shoes and did not do that to the Mora 2.0 - will try that tonight and see if that helps.
Now im starting to get worried, how are the seconds cosmetically?
Also, i placed an order and still didnt get a receipt, is it still processing or should i follow it up? Its been 18 hours alreadypost #43009 of 707374/18/14 at 12:34pm
I usually get a receipt right away but I place my order through an outlet that does not handle the volume of the Shoe Bank. During some sales I have waited 12 hours. Mine Mora's are nearly perfect..some minor off sewing on the liner and a little wrinkle in the leather near the buckle...honestly purchased as firsts I would have been fine with them. I am guessing most of the Bourbon seconds have to do with the burnishing process and leaving streaks here and there with the burnishing wheel process.post #43010 of 707374/18/14 at 12:42pmpost #43011 of 707374/18/14 at 12:42pmGood to hear kahuna. I can't wait for it to come on my friend's doorstep.
To all bourbon shoe owners out there, what shoe polish do you use? The AE premiums? Or do you just stick with a brown? Wanna hear inputs on this since im probably going to purchase more shoes in the clearance section together with shoe polishespost #43012 of 707374/18/14 at 12:46pmpost #43013 of 707374/18/14 at 12:46pmQuote:
I usually put more effort into what's below my waist than what's above. Plus, I kind of like preserving the mystery . . . maybe someday. I WILL say that leaving the house today, I wore my black cherry Schott 654 jacket over a red pinstripe sport shirt to complete the ensemble. That could have been a nice pic.post #43014 of 707374/18/14 at 12:48pmQuote:
I haven't always gotten receipts but I usually get my trackingpost #43015 of 707374/18/14 at 1:10pmpost #43016 of 707374/18/14 at 1:13pm
Ok...back to shoes 101 for shoe dummies...taking care of the shoe sole? opinions? In my limited research I have seen various suggestions and since I have 3 or 4 pair of cordovan's getting ready to be resoled and a few new pair want to make sure I take the right steps.post #43017 of 707374/18/14 at 1:16pmQuote:Originally Posted by iamsilvermember
I grabbed this pair of Leeds in Burgundy shell seconds earlier but found that the left shoe is darker / less right than the right. It might be the reason why they are seconds but is there a way to change. I believe, from the condition they were in when I received them, the right (more red) shoe has been tried on or was displayed. Will wearing more turn the left shoe to more of a reddish brown? Thanks all.
I purchased a pair of Alden for Brooks Brothers unlined color 8 loafers where the right shoe had been a display model and it had a similar issue. The difference on these was even more dramatic though.
I originally tried AE's burgundy cordovan creme but it didn't look good. It sat on top of the leather rather than penetrating and recoloring. Eventually I used Saphir Renomat on both shoes, followed by a coat of Dubbin Graise, followed by a coat of Renovateur.
They now look like this:
It's worth noting this was before a final brushing.Quote:
A few days of sunlight isn't going to cause a few years worth of fading. Unless he puts them in direct sun until 2016, his only option is to darken them.post #43018 of 707374/18/14 at 1:16pmQuote:Condition it. That's all. No color. I use a product called leather honey which I think is great for this. I've watched manufacturer videos suggest neutral creme as well.post #43019 of 707374/18/14 at 1:23pmpost #43020 of 707374/18/14 at 1:28pmQuote:
Thanks, will check it out...I do have a nice large tub of Aussie Balm, wonder how that would work.. Aussie Balm works wonder on dry leather.
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 29 seconds ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 1 minute ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 2 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 9 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 9 minutes ago
- › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only 12 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 24 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 24 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 27 minutes ago
- › Offical Barbour Thread 27 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...