lol...you don't like my Pradas?
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 3/18/17 at 7:27pm in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Yesterday at 10:32 am in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 2857post #42842 of 707374/16/14 at 12:45pmQuote:
I'm referring to the shoe department manager at Nordstroms who will price match just about anything, including AE. But the Nordstrom Summer Sale typically far exceeds anything that AE has on sale for styles and colors. Aside, the department managers will take the time to professionally fit a customer in seeing what "lasts" will work and won't work.Quote:
As mentioned earlier, using an automated bidding service provides you to anonymously bid within the LAST 6 SECONDS of a closing auction - "faster than a speeding bullet"Quote:Originally Posted by Kahuna75
Shoe storage question..right now my shoes are in leaning towers of AE boxes...was considering some shoe racks like the ones on sale from AE....My concern is the dust factor. Based on the number of shoes I have most are only getting worn 2 to 3 times a month. Does the shoe rack make sense? I do not have a closet to keep the racks in to make them less of dust targets.Quote:
Ouch. Leaving high quality shoes to the open air of a room reminds me of raw bacon in the forest where the wasps will hone in for the damage. Brogued shoes may require tooth-pick types of tools to clean out the holes of they get too clogged.
Although there are few remedies to keep high quality shoes completely dust-free, if someone is going to look forward to investing in 10 to 30 pair ($5000 to $15,000) of leather shoes over the years, then my opinion is to invest is a glass door shoe case, in order to protect but also to admire. Some samples here:
For the woman of the home
For the man of the home
For the man's suits
For 60 pair of shoes and boots
For 24 to 36 pairs of shoes and bootsQuote:Originally Posted by Scottyb06
No offense my friend, but this seems like a lot of work and you can get Strands for roughly the same price anyway provided your purchase seconds during a sale. Last summer during the Nordstrom sale they had Walnut Strands for $229 and my local AE store matched it without issue (and even sent me a pair with the v-tread sole which I prefer). If you want Strand golf shoes then go for it. But, if you're simply looking for a good sale price on Strands $199 isn't that hard to achieve...
I absolutely agree. Plan your monthly budget, and then compute your 6 or 12 month allocation - and buy smart when the annual sales arrive. Yes, the Strand (in firsts) at Nordstroms was in the $220 range, including a satisfaction free return within 6 months of wear to make sure the size was professionally fitted.
All my best,
post #42843 of 707374/16/14 at 1:04pmNordstorm is definitely the best place to buy AE, and from my experieence, the best time to purchase first-quality AE shoes is during its semi-annual sale in July. But it's not going to be $220 since that price was before the price increase. It might be closer to $240 when it's all said and done, which is still cheaper than the current $260 deal for the Macallisters.
From my understanding, only one of AE's signature shoe will be on sale during that time. Last year was the MaCallister in black.post #42844 of 707374/16/14 at 1:13pmQuote:
Speaking of a polishing mitt, where can I find one and what is a good price?post #42845 of 707374/16/14 at 1:20pmpost #42846 of 707374/16/14 at 1:35pmpost #42847 of 707374/16/14 at 1:39pmQuote:Originally Posted by tifosi
I use these as well, they are awesome.post #42848 of 707374/16/14 at 1:46pmQuote:Originally Posted by tsekh
Quote:Originally Posted by tifosi
I use these as well, they are awesome.
Those look pretty slick! Do you have one for each color - black, brown, burgundy? I just use old t-shirts now but I'd love to try something that doesn't slide around on my hand the way a t-shirt does.post #42849 of 707374/16/14 at 1:50pm
A reflection of the day...
Was strolling on AE's site when the discount email hit the deck. I was ramming my mouse the best I could, and boy, the McAdam boot was right in front of my eyes.
Yet, when I clicked on my size (or it should be noted as the closes size - 10.5 Ex3), the only label is sold out....
Gosh... I told myself the day couldn't get worse... Rain in the morning, cold, cold wind and then I just met my favorite pair of balmoral boots...post #42850 of 707374/16/14 at 2:04pmpost #42851 of 707374/16/14 at 2:06pmpost #42852 of 707374/16/14 at 2:13pmQuote:
It's 35% OFF the current retail. Last year the "advertised sale" included six (6) styles (see below quote from last year):Quote:
In addition to the above, the shoe department manager was able to offer other styles at 35% off, any size, any color, by working direct with the customer.
To get EARLY BIRD private investigation, I signed up for a free, no credit check, Nordstrom's Debit Card (comes out of bank account) that added Nordstrom's Rewards as a customer. This gives an extra 10 days before the public gets noticed.
Davidpost #42853 of 707374/16/14 at 2:16pmpost #42854 of 707374/16/14 at 2:23pmpost #42855 of 707374/16/14 at 2:25pm
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › Question about Yoox sizing 55 seconds ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 3 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 10 minutes ago
- › Cigars 11 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 13 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 13 minutes ago
- › Classic Tuxedo Advice 14 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 15 minutes ago
- › Loosest women in the world 22 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...