or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 2849  

post #42721 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by peppercorn78 View Post

I say get the shoe you REALLY want. You'll enjoy it more.
Good advice. You'll end up getting the one you really want eventually and you'll spend even more.
post #42722 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by peppercorn78 View Post


I say get the shoe you REALLY want. You'll enjoy it more.

Wise words, pepper.

 

It's like going to a steakhouse renowned for steak because you love a great steak, and ordering fish because the steak is expensive.

Get what you really want, and you will end up happier in the long run.

 

The extra few dollars for the shoes you really want right now will seem unimportant a year from now when you are wearing them.

post #42723 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Copeland View Post
 

Three months to go for the biggest sale of the year with free shipping and free returns.  Expect 35% off on firsts.  ($335 regular for $225)

 

in July??

only for Allen Edmonds?

I want to get a pair of black Chelsea as well but AE doesnt have one

Haigh is only available in dark brown...

post #42724 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Copeland View Post
 

I think you can do better for a new shoe.


David


Better than the Mora 2.0? You took issues with the creases there? All leather shoes crease though...

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorswift View Post
 

 

in July??

only for Allen Edmonds?

I want to get a pair of black Chelsea as well but AE doesnt have one

Haigh is only available in dark brown...

 

This is a criticism of mine as well. I want an AE black chelea boot but they have nothing.

post #42725 of 70737

Bourbon Mora 2.0 arrived and for whatever reason that perhaps makes these not fit others perfect seem to be perfect for my foot. The Toes cap issue seems a little obvious now in that the toe cap is huge on this sure...Much closer to the widest part of the shoe than the Fifth Ave by 3/4 of an inch at least - so the creasing in the toe box area seems likely for most.

 

I really wish this had a brogued toe cap :( oh well will have to suffer with these :) Having pulled my bourbon Fifth Ave's out it is going to be tough to sell them... With Bourbon Dalton's and Bourbon Mora 2.0 I just do not see the Park's getting much use...

post #42726 of 70737
It's by far the best deal, but I don't think it's going to be $225 since ae raised prices across the board.

It's the best deal because of nordstroms unequivocal superior customer service. They accept returns on new shoes even after a year, no questions asked.
post #42727 of 70737
^^^pics please.
post #42728 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorswift View Post
 

 

in July??

only for Allen Edmonds?

I want to get a pair of black Chelsea as well but AE doesnt have one

Haigh is only available in dark brown...

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridethecliche View Post
 


Better than the Mora 2.0? You took issues with the creases there? All leather shoes crease though...

 

 

This is a criticism of mine as well. I want an AE black chelea boot but they have nothing.

You can get an Haight MTO in black with no issue whatsoever (and no additional cost), as long as the Haight is not discontinued or clearance.

post #42729 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkotsko View Post
 

 

 

You can get an Haight MTO in black with no issue whatsoever (and no additional cost), as long as the Haight is not discontinued or clearance.

 

It's not a chelsea boot though.

post #42730 of 70737

WOOOHOOOO shoe porn continues....Looked outside and I guess after the driver gave me my boxes he realized he had another and Jefferson's in Walnut were sitting on the steps...hello lover! Outside of the Banchory...which is like wearing a slipper this Jefferson fits perfect...I went up a width than I normally wear and with the poron sole they are a dream..it is honestly going to make me re-evaluate the fit of all my other AE's. I see why they were seconds and it is so minor. 

 

Now the question becomes do I sell my walnut MacNeil's or get them shoe guards and turn them into an all weather type shoe... Will post a few pics soon

post #42731 of 70737

ok... so I gotta get this off my chest guys...

 

I found an awesome pair of cordovan shoes on ebay in my size, I made the first bid for 39.99... no bids for like 3 days... Then on the last day of the auction, my wife (pregnant) suddently has to go to the hospital... After 6-7 hours at the hospital we find out nothing is wrong, they send us home, I drop off my wife and go straight to work...log on to ebay right away... AND THE AUCTION ENDS LIKE 10 MINUTES BEFORE I LOGGED ON!!!! (with 2 people having outbid me by 1 dollar or so at the last minute... SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MAD RIGHT NOW!:censored::brick::cloud:

 

Me with no sleep, no food, and no AE cordovan loafers = NOT HAPPY!

 

ok.... feel free to bug me about posting something that is only somewhat relevant to this thread... 

post #42732 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by chinngiskhaan View Post
 

ok... so I gotta get this off my chest guys...

 

I found an awesome pair of cordovan shoes on ebay in my size, I made the first bid for 39.99... no bids for like 3 days... Then on the last day of the auction, my wife (pregnant) suddently has to go to the hospital... After 6-7 hours at the hospital we find out nothing is wrong, they send us home, I drop off my wife and go straight to work...log on to ebay right away... AND THE AUCTION ENDS LIKE 10 MINUTES BEFORE I LOGGED ON!!!! (with 2 people having outbid me by 1 dollar or so at the last minute... SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MAD RIGHT NOW!:censored::brick::cloud:

 

Me with no sleep, no food, and no AE cordovan loafers = NOT HAPPY!

 

ok.... feel free to bug me about posting something that is only somewhat relevant to this thread... 

 

You realize that essentially all of ebay auctions actually happen in the last hour, right? If you were comfortable spending more, you should have upped the max bid!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahuna75 View Post
 

Bourbon Mora 2.0 arrived and for whatever reason that perhaps makes these not fit others perfect seem to be perfect for my foot. The Toes cap issue seems a little obvious now in that the toe cap is huge on this sure...Much closer to the widest part of the shoe than the Fifth Ave by 3/4 of an inch at least - so the creasing in the toe box area seems likely for most.

 

I really wish this had a brogued toe cap :( oh well will have to suffer with these :) Having pulled my bourbon Fifth Ave's out it is going to be tough to sell them... With Bourbon Dalton's and Bourbon Mora 2.0 I just do not see the Park's getting much use...

 

I disagree. These are formal monk straps. Going with brogueing plus buckles etc etc etc makes for a busy shoe that would lose formality here.


Edited by ridethecliche - 4/15/14 at 9:12am
post #42733 of 70737

Thanks Pepper, tifosi and bkotsko

Inspiring!

I will get my most wanted pair of shoes

it's true that extra few dollars will seem unimportant in the future,,

post #42734 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkotsko View Post

Wise words, pepper.

It's like going to a steakhouse renowned for steak because you love a great steak, and ordering fish because the steak is expensive.
Get what you really want, and you will end up happier in the long run.

The extra few dollars for the shoes you really want right now will seem unimportant a year from now when you are wearing them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post

Good advice. You'll end up getting the one you really want eventually and you'll spend even more.

Right? I mean, there's nothing wrong with taking advantage of a bargain (says the man with pairs of clearance Amoks, grey McTavish, and black Neumoras in his closet).

But if there's one shoe you really want, don't settle for something else just because it's cheaper.
post #42735 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by peppercorn78 View Post


Right? I mean, there's nothing wrong with taking advantage of a bargain (says the man with pairs of clearance Amoks, grey McTavish, and black Neumoras in his closet).

But if there's one shoe you really want, don't settle for something else just because it's cheaper.
Haha. I agree. Trying to sell my grey McTavish, now! LOL
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...