or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 285  

post #4261 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastor View Post

I got my Cap Cordovan Dundees the other day but was devastated that they were the wrong size. I called CS and they said that I could not get them remade. I made a few more calls and I now think that they may indeed make me a new pair. I have several shoes on the 1 last in size 9.5E and they all fit really well. As soon as I opened the box on these I could tell that they were not right. They are labeled a 9.5E but are probably more like a 10.5. Here is a pic of the shoes themselves and then another pic of one of the Dundees beside a Bradley that is suppose to be the same last and the same size.
photo1www.jpg

Am i the only one that feels that they should be darker? I feel in love with the website pics of the cappuccino cordovan, but they don't seem to reach that same deep brown in real pics... plain.gif
post #4262 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastor View Post

I got my Cap Cordovan Dundees the other day but was devastated that they were the wrong size. I called CS and they said that I could not get them remade. I made a few more calls and I now think that they may indeed make me a new pair. I have several shoes on the 1 last in size 9.5E and they all fit really well. As soon as I opened the box on these I could tell that they were not right. They are labeled a 9.5E but are probably more like a 10.5. Here is a pic of the shoes themselves and then another pic of one of the Dundees beside a Bradley that is suppose to be the same last and the same size.
photo1www.jpg
photo5bxo.jpg


Wow those Dundee's look great!! Insert emoticon for kicking myself for not getting them when they were available.

 

Good luck on getting a replacement pair it sounds like your on the right track, hope CS can pull it off for you.

 

post #4263 of 70737


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JubeiSpiegel View Post


Am i the only one that feels that they should be darker? I feel in love with the website pics of the cappuccino cordovan, but they don't seem to reach that same deep brown in real pics... plain.gif


Personally, and it is only my opinion of course, I like the lighter color better. I received my shell walnut strands last night. And they are darker than my shell walnut Dalton boots (pics coming soon). I think the cappuccino color is different enough that it sets it apart from the other brown colors in a good way. But am also thinking there may be some variation of tone in the shell from shoe to shoe. 

 

post #4264 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastor View Post

I got my Cap Cordovan Dundees the other day but was devastated that they were the wrong size. I called CS and they said that I could not get them remade. I made a few more calls and I now think that they may indeed make me a new pair. I have several shoes on the 1 last in size 9.5E and they all fit really well. As soon as I opened the box on these I could tell that they were not right. They are labeled a 9.5E but are probably more like a 10.5. Here is a pic of the shoes themselves and then another pic of one of the Dundees beside a Bradley that is suppose to be the same last and the same size. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
photo1www.jpg
photo5bxo.jpg

Man that sucks. I hope AE can correct this mistake for you. For what it's worth, my 9D Dundees feels pretty much like my 9.5D pair of shell Bradleys. I happened to be wearing my cappuccino Dundees today and I've been very happy with my pair.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JubeiSpiegel View Post

Am i the only one that feels that they should be darker? I feel in love with the website pics of the cappuccino cordovan, but they don't seem to reach that same deep brown in real pics... plain.gif

The AE pics made them look like cigar shell cordovan, but in real life they are quite a bit lighter. Probably closer to ravello, although I've never seen ravello in real life. I can see people being disappointed if they're expecting something like cigar shell, but it is otherwise a very nice color.
post #4265 of 70737

Can someone recommend a good penny loafer for the summer?  I want something more casual that I can wear with denims, chinos, shorts, etc.  I'm thinking about the Kenwood.  What do you all think?

post #4266 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiPsi32 View Post



Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatlegeuse View Post


If anyone else is looking for a navy suede chukka at a reasonable price, send an email to AE and maybe they will actually make one!


I'm sure you can order one right now, but the MTO fee is like $125.  For that kind of money, I can buy an Alden.


The cheapest I could find the Alden was around $460, so even with an MTO fee, the AE would still be significantly cheaper. But you're right, at that price I mIght as well bite the bullet and just get the Alden. But, if I could get the AE at the $250 price point, that would make the Amok much more attractive to me.
post #4267 of 70737
Couple quick shots of my burgundy shell MacNeils. Just wearing them inside with a pair of RRL straight legs. Sorry, photos are a little dark.

263
263
post #4268 of 70737

Looks like a lot of new deliveries by AE over the last couple of days. I got my Clifton replacements in a half a size smaller than my last pair and they fit well, but bow badly at the throat. So they are going to have to go back for another pair. On the other hand got my Shell Walnut Strands that I ordered right before they discontinued them.. And they are a beautiful shoe. A bit darker in the toe box than my shell walnut Daltons so not sure I will pick up the brown shell strands now. The fit is perfect. Here is a comparison between calf walnut McAllister, shell walnut Strands, and shell walnut Daltons. I am very pleased with them all. With the exception of my picture taking abilities, no matter what I do got shadows today. Looks like uploading from the PC causes image reduction however clicking on it pulls up full resolution.

 

McAllister_strand_dalton.JPG

 

 

 

post #4269 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by TauKappaEpsilon View Post

Can someone recommend a good penny loafer for the summer?  I want something more casual that I can wear with denims, chinos, shorts, etc.  I'm thinking about the Kenwood.  What do you all think?

I'm looking for the same thing and considering the Randolph.
post #4270 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cold Iron View Post

Looks like a lot of new deliveries by AE over the last couple of days. I got my Clifton replacements in a half a size smaller than my last pair and they fit well, but bow badly at the throat. So they are going to have to go back for another pair. On the other hand got my Shell Walnut Strands that I ordered right before they discontinued them.. And they are a beautiful shoe. A bit darker in the toe box than my shell walnut Daltons so not sure I will pick up the brown shell strands now. The fit is perfect. Here is a comparison between calf walnut McAllister, shell walnut Strands, and shell walnut Daltons. I am very pleased with them all. With the exception of my picture taking abilities, no matter what I do got shadows today. Looks like uploading from the PC causes image reduction however clicking on it pulls up full resolution.

 

McAllister_strand_dalton.JPG

 

 

 

 

Some real beauties there, I especially like the varying coloration in your Strands.  I bet they will darken up over time, depending on what conditioner you use, so I agree that you probably don't need the brown. 

 

- and nice high-res picture!

 

post #4271 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cold Iron View Post

Looks like a lot of new deliveries by AE over the last couple of days. I got my Clifton replacements in a half a size smaller than my last pair and they fit well, but bow badly at the throat. So they are going to have to go back for another pair. On the other hand got my Shell Walnut Strands that I ordered right before they discontinued them.. And they are a beautiful shoe. A bit darker in the toe box than my shell walnut Daltons so not sure I will pick up the brown shell strands now. The fit is perfect. Here is a comparison between calf walnut McAllister, shell walnut Strands, and shell walnut Daltons. I am very pleased with them all. With the exception of my picture taking abilities, no matter what I do got shadows today. Looks like uploading from the PC causes image reduction however clicking on it pulls up full resolution.

 


would love a pair of McAllister in the color of your Strands inlove.gif

post #4272 of 70737

Anyone able to comment on the fit of the Bayfield v. the Dalton?  I realize they're on the same last.  I have the Bayfield and, while I like them, they're just a bit too narrow , even in EEE widths, for all-day wear.

 

Also, my new favorite AE is my black McTavish.  I wore them most of last week (alternating with the aforementioned Bayfields a couple of times in the wet) while in Europe with my family.  They're one of the most comfortable shoes I've ever owned, and look better every time I wear them.  This really gives me hope for some further exploration of the 5 last (I currently have only the McTavish and PA's in black on the 5 last).

post #4273 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by TauKappaEpsilon View Post

Can someone recommend a good penny loafer for the summer?  I want something more casual that I can wear with denims, chinos, shorts, etc.  I'm thinking about the Kenwood.  What do you all think?

I received an email from Brooks Brothers today and they featured some suede bucks, but while I was looking for the bucks on the BB page I stumbled upon some Rancourt shoes. I may consider these for new loafers now. I'm not enamored with any AE offerings so far and it seems that Rancourt used to make shoes for AE.

Here's a Rancourt thread that someone started:

http://www.styleforum.net/t/197413/rancourt-co-shoes-made-in-maine/0_50

I am considering these two:

Navy Venetian
http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Merchant_Id=1&Section_Id=522&Product_Id=1659988&Parent_Id=1032&default_color=NAVY&sort_by=newArrivals&sectioncolor=&sectionsize=#

Brown Penny
http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Merchant_Id=1&Section_Id=522&Product_Id=1659593&Parent_Id=1032&default_color=DARK-BROWN&sort_by=&sectioncolor=&sectionsize=

Camp Mocs
http://www.rancourtandcompany.com/men-s/camp-mocs/camp-moc-carolina-brown-chromexcel.html

Or if save some more money, some shell, that they sell directly from their site:

http://www.rancourtandcompany.com/

Some of these might be too much like boat shoes for some though.
post #4274 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by JubeiSpiegel View Post

Can you elaborate?
My only visual complaint would on the ripple edging on cap toe and upper, as it contradicts a bit from the formal look of this shoe in black. Maybe it would be more aesthetically pleasing in brown? confused.gif

maybe its that the toe cap is too short or the whole thing looks a bit stubby
post #4275 of 70737

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadcammer View Post

you ask me, that is an awful looking shoe. the cap just looks all wrong

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JubeiSpiegel View Post


Can you elaborate?
My only visual complaint would on the ripple edging on cap toe and upper, as it contradicts a bit from the formal look of this shoe in black. Maybe it would be more aesthetically pleasing in brown? confused.gif


I'm also curious as to what would look better, from pictures other shoes like Camina and C&J toes look similar to me, pictures here:

http://www.styleforum.net/t/295844/c-j-348-carmina-simpson-ae-3-333

 

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...