or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 2827  

post #42391 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Shoes1 View Post
 

 

No.  If it's a formal event, you should wear black shoes with your navy suit.

Correction.... I didn't see that it was for a formal event. Certainly wear black shoes. Black Park Aves are my go to formal shoe. The Shell Strand does look nice with a suit, but not for formal...

 

Thats what I get for responding so early this morning...

post #42392 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by OptoDoc View Post

Does anyone know if any belts will be discounted for the upcoming sale?

 

Arrow Creek walnut, Madison brown, Montana navy, Poplar chili, Polished Cobbler black, Teton tan - all $69.

post #42393 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by stgrim View Post
 

Has anyone received a discount on shoe bags during the Anniversary sale or for any sale at all?

 

I need 9 pairs of shoe bags and 4 pairs of boot bags as I will be leaving the country for a couple of months and want to keep my shoes right.

Anyone have recommendations on where to purchase them with a bulk discount, if not from AE? Thank you.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post


I highly doubt it. Maybe during the RDA sale.

I, personally, don't find shoe bags all that useful. The bags never make it out of the box.

yup during the rda, when everything is 15% off. so a buck fitty off. i'm actually making use of shoe bags today- bringing my 744's to bnelson for some work

post #42394 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfnhalfnhalf View Post

 

Arrow Creek walnut, Madison brown, Montana navy, Poplar chili, Polished Cobbler black, Teton tan - all $69.

 



Thank you.

Anyone have experience with the Poplar belt? I need a dress belt for my new chili Vernons. Would this work?

That Teton belt in tan looks nice as well.
post #42395 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by OptoDoc View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfnhalfnhalf View Post
 

 

Arrow Creek walnut, Madison brown, Montana navy, Poplar chili, Polished Cobbler black, Teton tan - all $69.

 



Thank you.

Anyone have experience with the Poplar belt? I need a dress belt for my new chili Vernons. Would this work?

That Teton belt in tan looks nice as well.

 

I bought a Poplar in brown solely because it comes with two buckles (silver and brass) and I had a need for a brown belt with a brass buckle.  It gets the job done.

post #42396 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snobol323 View Post
 

I finally took the cordovan plunge during the recent shell sale.  After seeing all the great pics on this thread I went for a pair of burgundy Leeds.  Wow, they are well worth the money (especially at the sale price) and are going to be very versatile.  So, in short, thanks for being enablers ;).  Now...what to buy next?

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

Those look great!  Were any of the defects obvious?

post #42397 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilWagon View Post

That's the best detailed in the wild shot of the Golden Brown CXL I've seen so far, definitely going to jump on a pair of those rush streets now.

I think I'm going to order the Rush Streets for the anniversary sale. I think they are part of the sale.

Anyone have any pics of the Rush Streets in the wild? I've yet to see them in person, might have to make a trip to my local AE store.
post #42398 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by stgrim View Post
 

Has anyone received a discount on shoe bags during the Anniversary sale or for any sale at all?

 

I need 9 pairs of shoe bags and 4 pairs of boot bags as I will be leaving the country for a couple of months and want to keep my shoes right.

Anyone have recommendations on where to purchase them with a bulk discount, if not from AE? Thank you.

Honestly you can get flannel/cotton shoe bags on Amazon for much less. $5-$6 range.

post #42399 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfnhalfnhalf View Post
 

 

Those look great!  Were any of the defects obvious?

My SA at the Shoe Bank checked them out prior to sending and said they looked "really good."  He was spot on, they were unworn when they came out of the box.  The only defects I can spot are some light scratches on the inside of the left shoe near the middle laces (you can see them in the photo if you look really close).  Given the steep discount at which these were purchased, I'll take the scratches any day. 

post #42400 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snobol323 View Post

I finally took the cordovan plunge during the recent shell sale.  After seeing all the great pics on this thread I went for a pair of burgundy Leeds.  Wow, they are well worth the money (especially at the sale price) and are going to be very versatile.  So, in short, thanks for being enablers wink.gif.  Now...what to buy next?

Welcome to the cult! That sucking sound you hear is coming from your checking account -- but you'll get used to it after a while.

Those are some good-looking shoes. My next shell purchase will likely be some burgundy Leeds seconds; just waiting to see if the $299 sale comes back in a few months.
post #42401 of 70737

A recent Ebay acquisition that I am pleased with.

post #42402 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gdwilson View Post
 

A recent Ebay acquisition that I am pleased with.

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

As you should be. Great looking.

post #42403 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_Y View Post

I think I'm going to order the Rush Streets for the anniversary sale. I think they are part of the sale.

Anyone have any pics of the Rush Streets in the wild? I've yet to see them in person, might have to make a trip to my local AE store.

I don't know if this qualifies as in the wild, but here are my Rush Streets.

35779964_RushStreet1.jpeg
916e4230_RushStreet2.jpeg

Chris
post #42404 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by hohneokc View Post

I don't know if this qualifies as in the wild, but here are my Rush Streets.

35779964_RushStreet1.jpeg
916e4230_RushStreet2.jpeg

Chris

Gorgeous. I have Snuff and Walnut Strands. My next Strand will be this one, hopefully during the anniversary sale.
post #42405 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by hohneokc View Post

I don't know if this qualifies as in the wild, but here are my Rush Streets.

35779964_RushStreet1.jpeg
916e4230_RushStreet2.jpeg

Chris

This and the MacNeil 5 with the red brick sole are the top contenders for my summer shoe purchase, but I think the Rush Street might've taken the lead with these pictures.

If only they called this one the Clark Street (I live on Clark in Chicago.)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...